Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011   #701
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't understand how folks don't understand people wanting Allen to start.

He has made some big plays in big moments. Momentum changing plays.

Kareem doesn't do that.

Kareem has obviously been better this year though and I can understand wanting to see him grow as well.

There is no argument right now IMO. They are playing well enough as a tandem. They are pushing each other.

Who cares who is technically the starter.
I agree with this. I can't imagine Wade not throwing Allen a bone & naming him the starter from here on out, but Kj would still get more snaps.

My only gripe here, is with the guys who think hands down Allen is a better player. When I'm at the game, all I do is watch the receivers & corners. When Allen is on the field I smh all the time thanking our lucky stars we aren't playing any quality QBs.

It was different earlier this year, Kj was just as bad. But heJs got better every game. Today was a very good game for him. I said it earlier, looks like the game is slowing down & his talent is starting to take over. Come play-off time, I think Kj is going to be ready to be the full time starter.

But then what do you do with Allen? Put him in as the nickel? I don't think he is a full time player, but he does deserve playing time. Then we've got Brandon Harris sitting on the Bench. It's a good problem to have really.
Old 10-31-2011   #702
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with this. I can't imagine Wade not throwing Allen a bone & naming him the starter from here on out.

My only gripe here, is with the guys who think hands down Allen is a better player. When I'm at the game, all I do is watch the receivers & corners. When Allen is on the field I smh all the time thanking our lucky stars we aren't playing any quality QBs.

It was different earlier this year, Kj was just as bad. But heJs got better every game. Today was a very good game for him. I said it earlier, looks like the game is slowing down & his talent is starting to take over. Come play-off time, I think Kj is going to be ready to be the full time starter.

But then what do you do with Allen? Put him in as the nickel? I don't think he is a full time player, but he does deserve playing time. Then we've got Brandon Harris sitting on the Bench. It's a good problem to have really.
Someone had a great point in saying that they're different players. Kareem had his strengths and Allen has his. The fact of the matter is I think Wade will find a way to incorporate them into the game to allow our defense to be successful. What difference does it make how we get it done?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #703
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Difference. WRs have to run route, fake in and go out, all a CB has to do is follow and have speed to keep up. i'm sorry but speed is the main component to a good CB. Aso and Reevis arent slow, neither was aaron glenn, our D-Rob, our JoJo. Name 1 good slow cb ????
Two words: Jacques Reeves.

The guy was seriously fast and he'd be step for step with the fastest WR in the league. But that wasn't enough to make him a good cornerback.

Nnamdi Asomugha is a 4.45 40 guy and KJ is a 4.48 40 guy. Neither of them is the 4.34 or 4.38 guy like a Revis or a Dunta Robinson.

Kareem is fast enough to be a corner. He's got skills. He's a vicious tackler and he's good in run support. But he's got some things he needs to work on. I think he's made a lot of improvement since last year.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #704
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Eric Allen count because he wasn't fast? Well actually neither him or Bobby Taylor were fast and they were one of the best CB duos for years.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #705
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

The guy was seriously fast and he'd be step for step with the fastest WR in the league. But that wasn't enough to make him a good cornerback.

Nnamdi Asomugha is a 4.45 40 guy and KJ is a 4.48 40 guy. Neither of them is the 4.34 or 4.38 guy like a Revis or a Dunta Robinson.

Kareem is fast enough to be a corner. He's got skills. He's a vicious tackler and he's good in run support. But he's got some things he needs to work on. I think he's made a lot of improvement since last year.
Whoa.. whoa.. whoa... slow down...

We've already established those names can only be used by EllisUnit when tearing down Kj's game. Do not use those names in a supporting argument, even if you are directly replying to his posts when he used those names.

Just stop.
Old 10-31-2011   #706
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We've already established those names can only be used by EllisUnit when tearing down Kj's game. Do not use those names in a supporting argument, even if you are directly replying to his posts when he used those names.
Just stop.
TK please show me 1 post where i compared Aso our Reevis to KJ. I always talk about how foolish it is for some to compare them but i have NEVER compared KJ our Allen to Aso our Reevis. Please let me see where i have done this !!!!
Old 10-31-2011   #707
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TK please show me 1 post where i compared Aso our Reevis to KJ. I always talk about how foolish it is for some to compare them but i have NEVER compared KJ our Allen to Aso our Reevis. Please let me see where i have done this !!!!
I don't know if you have compared KJ to the elites, but you have kinda gotten to the point to where you aren't looking at the players objectively...IMO of course...

Seriously, what has either one of them done (playing wise) that says he is clearly the best player to have on the field as the starter taking a majority of the snaps?

They both have looked pretty bad at times, but as the year has progressed they have actually been a pretty good combo...KJ has stepped his game up...That's not even a question...Allen has made some big plays...As long as Allen is making INT's and making plays like he did against pitt he deserves to take some of those snaps...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2011   #708
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't know if you have compared KJ to the elites, but you have kinda gotten to the point to where you aren't looking at the players objectively...IMO of course...

Seriously, what has either one of them done (playing wise) that says he is clearly the best player to have on the field as the starter taking a majority of the snaps?

They both have looked pretty bad at times, but as the year has progressed they have actually been a pretty good combo...KJ has stepped his game up...That's not even a question...Allen has made some big plays...As long as Allen is making INT's and making plays like he did against pitt he deserves to take some of those snaps...
Your post has nothing to do with TK continually talking out of his ass like he does every post on this thread. I respect most of his opinions but to try to call me out and make claims that are not true to make me look bad is bull shit. They can make up excuses, make up coverages, blame safties, blame coaching, blame the other CBs for KJ, and not actually blame him. But to call me out and say i compare him to top CBs around the league is horse shit. Especially when he still has yet to show ONE exapmle of me doing this !!!!

So in other words your post i quoted above has nothing to do with TK showing me those quotes. Only reason i tear KJ down so badly NOW is because they tear allen down worse. And allen has more ints, more passes defended than KJ this year, and has played less time.
Old 10-31-2011   #709
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Playing DB in the NFL is not all about speed. Otherwise Desean Jackson would be a elite WR because he'd be faster than most guys across from him.

Edit: Also that even guys that come in with speed struggle. It's a lot more than just having speed. It's about knowing routes and being physical when you can.
Difference. WRs have to run route, fake in and go out, all a CB has to do is follow and have speed to keep up. i'm sorry but speed is the main component to a good CB. Aso and Reevis arent slow, neither was aaron glenn, our D-Rob, our JoJo. Name 1 good slow cb ????

Just stop.
Let's see. You're the one who brought up Aso & Reevis in this conversation here. I just cut in to stop the Pencil Neck from your "why are we talking about Aso & Reevis" post like you did earlier, even though you brought up Aso & Reevis
Old 10-31-2011   #710
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Let's see. You're the one who brought up Aso & Reevis in this conversation here. I just cut in to stop the Pencil Neck from your "why are we talking about Aso & Reevis" post like you did earlier, even though you brought up Aso & Reevis
That is it hahahaha.........if you want to go back further you will see where Fiasco brought in other CBs names to compare speed to KJ and i am talking about further than you did go back, well before i did. Thats why i threw them names out there. Not because i was trying to compare them. You are like 76 you see what you want to see.
Old 10-31-2011   #711
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Quote:
No one is doubting the power of the turnover. But it isn't a indication on who the best CBs are. All I said was INTs do not tell you whose the better corner.

Didn't say they weren't important, but you can't say "Allen has 3 INTs and Kareem has 0. Therefore Allen is better." judging CB play is not that simple. Revis had 0 INTs last year btw. That's my point.
why do you continue to compare jackson to Aso our Reevis ? First off noone throws at them. They throw at jackson and he still has no INTs. So what is ur logic ? it not like QBs dont throw at KJ with fear of his awesome coverage skills haha. That is however why Reevis and Aso dont get many ints. but not the case for jackson
Is this not a comparison of KJ to Aso & Reevis? Is this not you making the comparison? Good point by the way, but this is you making the comparison
Old 10-31-2011   #712
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Nnamdi Asomugha 40 time: 4.45
Kareem Jackson 40 time: 4.40
Darrelle Revis: 4.38

As I was saying before. He's not a slow corner.
There is where it all started.......... i didnt mention ONE name until he came up with this B.S
Old 10-31-2011   #713
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No one is doubting the power of the turnover. But it isn't a indication on who the best CBs are. All I said was INTs do not tell you whose the better corner.

Didn't say they weren't important, but you can't say "Allen has 3 INTs and Kareem has 0. Therefore Allen is better." judging CB play is not that simple. Revis had 0 INTs last year btw. That's my point.
why do you continue to compare jackson to Aso our Reevis ? First off noone throws at them. They throw at jackson and he still has no INTs. So what is ur logic ? it not like QBs dont throw at KJ with fear of his awesome coverage skills haha. That is however why Reevis and Aso dont get many ints. but not the case for jackson
I don't think you understand. GP said Allen should start because he has 3 INTs and KJ had 0. That's not how you judge CB play. The point is INTs are not indicative of being a better corner.

For me the only INT i've been impressed by Allen out of the 3 is the one he had this week and still it was bad decision by Blaine. Still though he played the route, got the INT, made the play and I'm happy he did it regardless.

It is if the CBs get thrown at all the time, it may not be for the reevis and Aso of the NFL though.
This is you making another comparison. Actually, it's the same comparison, you just did it again.
Old 10-31-2011   #714
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Is this not a comparison of KJ to Aso & Reevis? Is this not you making the comparison? Good point by the way, but this is you making the comparison
Read my above post and you will see WHY i said their names. because Fiasco brought them into it.
Old 10-31-2011   #715
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:

None of mine are comparisons. I am simply feeding off of his comparison. He brought them itno all this talk.....i never compare unless trying to prove someone else who brings the players in wrong. which is the case here
Old 10-31-2011   #716
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
That is it hahahaha.........if you want to go back further you will see where Fiasco brought in other CBs names to compare speed to KJ and i am talking about further than you did go back, well before i did. Thats why i threw them names out there. Not because i was trying to compare them. You are like 76 you see what you want to see.
I think you're having a hard time following this conversation, & should probably stop.

I didn't say you started the comparison, I said you compared Kj to Aso & Revis, then when someone made a comment about your comparison, you jumped on them for using the names Aso & Reevis.
Old 10-31-2011   #717
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

40 times are over rated .... actual playing speed and reactions arent.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #718
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
There is where it all started.......... i didnt mention ONE name until he came up with this B.S
& that came up because you said (or someone said) that Kj was slow. fiasco's post was showing that Kj's speed is in line with top NFL corners.

Somehow you missed that. You'd still like to believe Kj is slow. Or at least it seems that way.
Old 10-31-2011   #719
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
None of mine are comparisons. I am simply feeding off of his comparison. He brought them itno all this talk.....i never compare unless trying to prove someone else who brings the players in wrong. which is the case here
Keywords have been bolded.

Bottom line, someone is talking out their ass, & this time it isn't me.
Old 10-31-2011   #720
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
I think you're having a hard time following this conversation, & should probably stop.

I didn't say you started the comparison, I said you compared Kj to Aso & Revis, then when someone made a comment about your comparison, you jumped on them for using the names Aso & Reevis.
Yeah how else am i sipposed to argue with someone who is trying to compare the 3 ??? Say CB a and CB b ??? No i perfer not to compare them at all cause they are not in the same class.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read