Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011   #681
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You are crazy dude!

When I bring up a specific play that is to compare how different CBs play a certain route/pattern in a certain coverage.

When I brought up the numbers of INTs it was to show that some higher draft choices didn't have much to speak of earlier in their career either!
He wants you to stop because he can't argue your points.
Old 10-30-2011   #682
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 91583 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact of the matter is i have hear 76 make up every excuse in the world to defend KJ. And most have had nothing to do with KJs bad play. Like the safties having a vendetta against him, our he was the victim of a bad front 7.

It is hard to argue with you 76 when you twist and turn stats and make up coverages through snap shots to make KJ look good, and then when allen has a good play you give him NO credit. I know Allen is no All Pro but he has played better than KJ every since we brought him in last season.

I have heard enough of you KJ Bull Shit, we will pick this up when he is fully considered a bust. Which by the looks of things wont be very long.
Old 10-30-2011   #683
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Other than the Lance Moore drive in New Orleans, Kj has been pretty quite until today, when he gave up 1 TD.

I think the argument can be made that Kj has been more productive than Allen even without the use of all the pictures
With this post i'm going to leave the KJ thing alone for now. I've been seeing the same thing. Especially the Raiders game.

KJ has had one really bad game (The Saints game) and other than that has looked decent and has shown good improvement from his rookie year. Really that's all that matters to me.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #684
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand how folks don't understand people wanting Allen to start.

He has made some big plays in big moments. Momentum changing plays.

Kareem doesn't do that.

Kareem has obviously been better this year though and I can understand wanting to see him grow as well.

There is no argument right now IMO. They are playing well enough as a tandem. They are pushing each other.

Who cares who is technically the starter.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #685
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
The fact of the matter is i have hear 76 make up every excuse in the world to defend KJ. And most have had nothing to do with KJs bad play. Like the safties having a vendetta against him, our he was the victim of a bad front 7.

It is hard to argue with you 76 when you twist and turn stats and make up coverages through snap shots to make KJ look good, and then when allen has a good play you give him NO credit. I know Allen is no All Pro but he has played better than KJ every since we brought him in last season.

I have heard enough of you KJ Bull Shit, we will pick this up when he is fully considered a bust. Which by the looks of things wont be very long.
You had made your points for Allen that you can make.
You said you would wait and see who will get the starting job for this season, and that would pretty much ascertain that "you are right" about Allen.
Well, Allen isn't starting.
And so, up to this point, whatever you looked at doesn't prove your case.

On the other hand, the guy who you've been calling a bust continues to start.

Did I twist and turn anything there?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #686
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
With this post i'm going to leave the KJ thing alone for now. I've been seeing the same thing. Especially the Raiders game.

KJ has had one really bad game (The Saints game) and other than that has looked decent and has shown good improvement from his rookie year. Really that's all that matters to me.
Kj missed two games so that minimized his chances for error.

But let's not act like kj has become some solid player. He's given up some big plays in a few of the games hes participated in. he's had his share of ugly moments.

By the sane token Allen has had some ugly moments as well.

Neither one has separated really.
Old 10-30-2011   #687
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't understand how folks don't understand people wanting Allen to start.

He has made some big plays in big moments. Momentum changing plays.

Kareem doesn't do that.

Kareem has obviously been better this year though and I can understand wanting to see him grow as well.

There is no argument right now IMO. They are playing well enough as a tandem. They are pushing each other.

Who cares who is technically the starter.
I just want to reiterate that I have yet to criticize Allen this year.

For me, it has always been letting Wade deciding on whom to play, and whom to start.
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2011   #688
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 91583 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You had made your points for Allen that you can make.
You said you would wait and see who will get the starting job for this season, and that would pretty much ascertain that "you are right" about Allen.
Well, Allen isn't starting.
And so, up to this point, whatever you looked at doesn't prove your case.

On the other hand, the guy who you've been calling a bust continues to start.

Did I twist and turn anything there?
Ummm you contradict yourself so much. Just because the guys who drafted him continue to start him dont make it right. And you said that GP made this foolish statment earlier. You just made this statment.

Your love for KJ is sick. I wish we didnt have allen our KJ but since we have to have one our the other out there i choose allen.
Old 10-30-2011   #689
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2649 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously why the hell are you guys still arguing this.

Top 5 pass defense.
Number 1 in percentage complete allowed...

Now if K.Jax is as bad as everyone keeps saying, our numbers would be much worse than that.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #690
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Ill keep it short

I think Jackson played pretty good today and hopefully he will improve each week
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #691
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Kj missed two games so that minimized his chances for error.

But let's not act like kj has become some solid player. He's given up some big plays in a few of the games hes participated in. he's had his share of ugly moments.

By the sane token Allen has had some ugly moments as well.

Neither one has separated really.
I really don't care who starts and agree that no one has really won the job. The only thing that matters is Kareem's development to me. It is a bonus that Allen isn't a terrible CB given that we picked him up off waivers last season.

But Kareem's growth as a player is what I'm interested in and I understand he's going to give up plays as all corners do especially young ones. But some of the comments would have you believe that Kareem is one of the worst starting CBs in the NFL...or at least that he's a terrible player that isn't capable of playing the position in the NFL. I just don't agree with that (although we could do much better...and much worse too like Fred Bennet and Faggins....)

I think that's where the divide is. Some people think Kareem is a bad player that doesn't deserve to see the field as much as he does and others don't.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #692
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ummm you contradict yourself so much. Just because the guys who drafted him continue to start him dont make it right. And you said that GP made this foolish statment earlier. You just made this statment.
The one who contradicts himself is you.
You said you'd be down with whomever Wade choses to start, that you just want to see both of them to play better.

The statements I brought up was your viewpoint.

When you argue with your own viewpoint, you are contradicting with yourself.
Old 10-30-2011   #693
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

TBO i dont even think Jackson is one of the worst rooke CB in the leauge much less all CB in the leauge

I think if u pull of a CB stat sheet Jackson is not on the bottom
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #694
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I really don't care who starts and agree that no one has really won the job. The only thing that matters is Kareem's development to me. It is a bonus that Allen isn't a terrible CB given that we picked him up off waivers last season.

But Kareem's growth as a player is what I'm interested in and I understand he's going to give up plays as all corners do especially young ones. But some of the comments would have you believe that Kareem is one of the worst starting CBs in the NFL...or at least that he's a terrible player that isn't capable of playing the position in the NFL. I just don't agree with that (although we could do much better...and much worse too like Fred Bennet and Faggins....)

I think that's where the divide is. Some people think Kareem is a bad player that doesn't deserve to see the field as much as he does and others don't.
Good post!
Old 10-30-2011   #695
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
The one who contradicts himself is you.
You said you'd be down with whomever Wade choses to start, that you just want to see both of them to play better.The statements I brought up was your viewpoint.

When you argue with your own viewpoint, you are contradicting with yourself.
and i still do, but only one of them is playing better and its not your boy. So not contradicting myself.

I still hope KJ turns into an amazing player. I dont wish for him to fail. I just see him failing. If not for all your crazy talk about how KJ is victim of this and that i would never even mention KJ.

He has played better than last season, i will give him that. BUT i still think allen has played better and AT THIS POINT IN TIME shows more potential.
Old 10-30-2011   #696
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Whoever believes that is wrong IMO.

Both have played better since the beginning of the year.

I'm not worried about development. Kareem has plenty resources and snaps to develop.

I just want the best product on the field on a game to game basis. Right mow Kareem Allen( or Jason Jackson) is working.
Old 10-30-2011   #697
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
and i still do, but only one of them is playing better and its not your boy. So not contradicting myself.

I still hope KJ turns into an amazing player. I dont wish for him to fail. I just see him failing. If not for all your crazy talk about how KJ is victim of this and that i would never even mention KJ.

He has played better than last season, i will give him that. BUT i still think allen has played better and AT THIS POINT IN TIME shows more potential.
No, you went against your words when you said that you'd be OK with whomever Wade choses to be the starter, but now you're still saying that Allen should be the starter.

Take it like a man, dude!

When Wade thinks Allen gives the team the better chance to win, he will start him.
Old 10-30-2011   #698
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I stopped reading this page weeks ago but I wanted to come in and say one thing. KJ played very well today. Allen played very well today. Allen got the INT but KJ had two very nicely defended balls today. Allen did too. Neither was torched. Say what you want about rookie QB and Jags but they both looked good today. That's not a guarantee for next week of course but it is a big difference from last year.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #699
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
No, you went against your words when you said that you'd be OK with whomever Wade choses to be the starter, but now you're still saying that Allen should be the starter.

Take it like a man, dude!

When Wade thinks Allen gives the team the better chance to win, he will start him.
nope. until Kubiak finally sees KJ for what he HAS been KJ will start. Hell if KJ becomes the next reevis i will gladly eat my crow and be happy about it. But as it stands he is MMMIIILLLLEEESSSS away !
Old 10-30-2011   #700
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
nope. until Kubiak finally sees KJ for what he HAS been KJ will start. Hell if KJ becomes the next reevis i will gladly eat my crow and be happy about it. But as it stands he is MMMIIILLLLEEESSSS away !
Fine, be that way!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read