Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2011   #561
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
And this is a perfectly thrown ball

Yeah, that's pretty good coverage by Allen on that play.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #562
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Thanks for the clarification about the conversion.

He still played in 15 games his first year and started one at CB.

He played in all 16 games in his second year and started seven.

He started all 16 games in his third year (2005).

In 06, he registered his first INT in the second game (49th game, not 50th).

Some journalist posted videos of his INTs in 2006; I had mentioned that before in a thread. There was either safety help or he was playing underneath coverage on all the INTs that were shown.

When I study the Raiders lat year, they were in cover 2 a lot.
Asomugha + safety = not somewhere a QB wants to go.

That he was a shut down CB that can cover half of the field by himself is a myth.
The myth is you watched the raiders and saw cover 2 last. They ran alot, mostly 0 coverage last year. Thats why nmandi gave up a 40% completion last year. Its ok to back up kj, but to say the raiders had safety over the top is not true. This year, they run different schemes on the back end because they dont have the talent, mainly nmandi.
Old 10-25-2011   #563
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
The myth is you watched the raiders and saw cover 2 last. They ran alot, mostly 0 coverage last year. Thats why nmandi gave up a 40% completion last year. Its ok to back up kj, but to say the raiders had safety over the top is not true. This year, they run different schemes on the back end because they dont have the talent, mainly nmandi.
No Leebig, I watched at least 8 or 9 games!

I still have them and I can go back anytime.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #564
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jay, you need to take better screen shots than that!
You need a sequence.
That way you can see that on the side line route by the receiver, the ball was thrown way way way way way way to the inside.
If the receiver wants to get to the ball, he HAS TO cut back across KJ's face.
I need to go to dinner now, but I will post those screen shots.

On the seam route over Allen, one shot is all you need to see that the ball was on the receiver's shoulder pad.
It's amazing how one can say that it was a good pass.
I will post the sequence later as well.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #565
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
And this is a perfectly thrown ball

Looks pretty good to me.

I don't think Allen had much to do with that incompletion though. The ball hit 17 in the hands, then the helmet, then bounced away entirely before Allen gets his hand on that arm.

If the receiver had good hands, that's still beat, that's still a completion.

So that's not really good coverage.
Old 10-25-2011   #566
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jay, you need to take better screen shots than that!
You need a sequence.
That way you can see that on the side line route by the receiver, the ball was thrown way way way way way way to the inside.
If the receiver wants to get to the ball, he HAS TO cut back across KJ's face.
I need to go to dinner now, but I will post those screen shots.

On the seam route over Allen, one shot is all you need to see that the ball was on the receiver's shoulder pad.
It's amazing how one can say that it was a good pass.
I will post the sequence later as well.
a 50 yard bomb that hits a wr in the shoulder pad is a good pass. If allen hadnt been all over him he would of caught it, allen made perfect timing to get there. You should get off of K.Js jock strap. in the off season your argument was ok at best not it is getting to the point of pathetic.

You take situations and turn them to your liking to make K.J look good and allen look bad. You have been doing this since day 1. We like facts around here and not assumptions. So please quit assuming.

K.J will never be a good CB. And hell J. Allen may not be either, but i sure as hell take allen over K.J at this point.
Old 10-25-2011   #567
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Infantrycak is talking about comparing our #2 to other #2s....

I think 76Texans has always been more focused on our First round CB compared to other 1st round CBs & using guys like Kyle Wilson & McCourtey makes too much sense, since we passed on them to get "the most NFL ready" of the bunch.

Hayden was taken much higher, Petterson was also regarded a much higher prospect. He contrast Kj to those guys to say, "This is what you get with a rookie CB, regardless how good a prospect he is" just to demonstrate how difficult the position is to learn.

He's taken screen shots of veterans playing similar defensive schemes to demonstrate KJ doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing, and others showing him actually doing it better than some of the ve... ts

It's not so much that 76 is tearing apart other players game, but contrasting what they do to what KJ does for comparison purposes.

But "Kj sucks" appears to be the only thing you want to hear.
This is all great and dandy. But he is still slow at doing it, still dont have great instincts while doing it, and often gets burned more than most CB do while doing it. I can drive in NASCAR just like the Pros, but be 4 laps slower, but hey i'm doing it how i'm supposed to do, right. So does that make me good, our comparable to Dale Earnhardt Jr,,,,,ummmmm probably not !
Old 10-26-2011   #568
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
No Leebig, I watched at least 8 or 9 games!

I still have them and I can go back anytime.
make sure you have your glasses on when you watch them also cause i didnt see it.
Old 10-26-2011   #569
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Looks pretty good to me.

I don't think Allen had much to do with that incompletion though. The ball hit 17 in the hands, then the helmet, then bounced away entirely before Allen gets his hand on that arm.

If the receiver had good hands, that's still beat, that's still a completion.

So that's not really good coverage.
TK, do you think it is easier or harder to catch a ball when someone is breathing down your neck?

Allen had a lot to do with the pass not being completed and to say otherwise is not looking at the situation honestly.

If the receiver is out there wide open without a defender right there he probably makes that catch easily. If the receiver even has another step or two on Allen he probably makes that catch easily.

When you have good coverage it (1) puts more pressure on the QB to make a great throw, (2) makes the receiver a little antsy when going for the catch.

By Allen grabbing the receivers arm he prevented the receiver from taking a second stab at the ball as well....Also, had the receiver actually grabbed the ball, Allen was in good position to knock it out...

If Kareem had made that play though I have a feeling you guys would have pointed that stuff out though.

But he doesn't make those plays on deep balls. He is best at covering short and intermediate stuff. I actually like his coverage on routes like that, but on deep stuff Allen is just better.
Old 10-26-2011   #570
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If Kareem had made that play though I have a feeling you guys would have pointed that stuff out though.
I don't think Kj is capable of making that play. If Kj did, I'd probably call it a success..... for him. It would be an improvement.

For someone who is supposed to know how to play.. not so much.

Quote:
But he doesn't make those plays on deep balls. He is best at covering short and intermediate stuff. I actually like his coverage on routes like that, but on deep stuff Allen is just better.
Agree
Old 10-26-2011   #571
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't think Kj is capable of making that play. If Kj did, I'd probably call it a success..... for him. It would be an improvement.

For someone who is supposed to know how to play.. not so much.

Agree
TK, Honestly I kind of like the Allen/KJ thing going on at corner...It's grown on me...Kinda like a wart, but dammit it's my wart...

I think they are pushing each other. KJ definitely deserves to get the majority of the playing time though. I don't like players that get manhandled and display poor tackiling techniques and Allen is all of that. But he does serve a purpose.

If KJ could grow into a better all around corner I'd be smitten because the dude can tackle and he is a tough summabeech.

That said, at the end of the year we should know whether we need to look at CB's in the first three rounds by the end of this year. I'm hoping that we won't feel like it's a priority though.

That's where I'm at right now with the CB2 situation...I just don't like having my head pee'd on and to be told it's raining...
Old 10-26-2011   #572
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
That said, at the end of the year we should know whether we need to look at CB's in the first three rounds by the end of this year. I'm hoping that we won't feel like it's a priority though.

That's where I'm at right now with the CB2 situation...I just don't like having my head pee'd on and to be told it's raining...
I agree, other than we also have Brandon Harris, a 2nd round pick who should be getting in on this conversation.

I do think Allen & Jackson has something going on, & that's the only reason I can imagine Allen is playing & not Harris.

But soon (we're almost at the halfway mark) we need to see Harris, unless they are sold on Kareem, before we can decide where CB is on our draft needs.

I say we, but they're probably seeing enough of him in practice to "know" how he'll do on the field.

PS: I've got nothing against Allen, but I know he's not the future.
Old 10-30-2011   #573
Rey
Hall of Fame

Nothing against kareem's play today but I just want to reiterate Allen getting his hands on balls and the fact that i like the combo of the two.
Old 10-30-2011   #574
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the entire secondary deserves props today. Although it was against a pretty bad passing game. I even saw Kareem play the ball and break up a pass. Baby steps.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #575
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I think the entire secondary deserves props today. Although it was against a pretty bad passing game. I even saw Kareem play the ball and break up a pass. Baby steps.
also saw him get beat for a td.
Old 10-30-2011   #576
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yeah but that happens even to the best of them.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #577
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Yeah but that happens even to the best of them.
i agree but i take allens 3 ints over jackson knocking down a few passes.
Old 10-30-2011   #578
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nothing against kareem's play today but I just want to reiterate Allen getting his hands on balls and the fact that i like the combo of the two.
Wade's usage seems to be minimizing the negatives each of them have. Also, it reflects that neither is currently a true starting CB.
Old 10-30-2011   #579
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I've seen Allen literally beat by brandon Marshall for a td.

I'm not saying Kareem is the cutest girl in the room, but he's not the ugliest.

Kareem nor Allen are 10's, but together they are about a 7.

If they're both 3.5's or ones a 4 and the other is a three is non significant at this point.

That position isn't a gaping hole right now and that's all that matters really.
Old 10-30-2011   #580
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
I've seen Allen literally beat by brandon Marshall for a td.

I'm not saying Kareem is the cutest girl in the room, but he's not the ugliest.

Kareem nor Allen are 10's, but together they are about a 7.
i've also seen KJ get beat by a no name WR and TOURCHED for 2 long TDs by him. You know who i'm talking about.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read