Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011   #501
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
I notice a lot of times, he's not exactly getting beat badly. It's just that he has almost no awareness of where the ball is at. Too often he is not able to disrupt the pass because he is too focused on the receiver.
It takes everything he can muster just to stay within 3 yards of the receiver most times. Hard to play the ball when you are just trying to keep up.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #502
TxnsFootball
Rookie

Default Kareem Jackson

Haven't liked this guy since last year. Still don't like him now. Am I wrong or is there something I'm not seeing??
TxnsFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #503
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson

probably everything that you would need to know all rolled into one nice compact package
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83114

BTW welcome to the board
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #504
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Thought provoking first post there, noob!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #505
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

welcome to the pack newby. opposing qb's luuuuuuuv kj.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #506
TxnsFootball
Rookie

Too critical too soon? Haha Sorry. Been coming to the forum for a while now just never really had anything to say until now. I just needed to get that off my chest.
TxnsFootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #507
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxnsFootball View Post
Too critical too soon? Haha Sorry. Been coming to the forum for a while now just never really had anything to say until now. I just needed to get that off my chest.
i am KJs biggest advocate so if you want to here any negative stuff about KJ just ask
Old 10-24-2011   #508
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxnsFootball View Post
Don't let anyone bully you into not saying your piece. ;-))
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #509
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i am KJs biggest advocate so if you want to here any negative stuff about KJ just ask

Huh?
Old 10-25-2011   #510
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
It takes everything he can muster just to stay within 3 yards of the receiver most times. Hard to play the ball when you are just trying to keep up.
Prove it, Rey!

Sorry, but I called that Bull!

BTW, if you noticed the way Allen tried to recover against Britt, you know he got beat by a mile.

Same thing with D. Williams.

A decent throw (one that doesn't land on the receiver shoulder) and that would have been a catch.

At least now I know that you don't try to defend Allen anymore (I take it you mean not just on this particular play.)

I've been trying to watch CB play overall in the NFL, and I can tell you that Jackson currently is playing better than a lot of them. I don't want to jump to a conclusion yet, but the one thing I know for sure is KJ is playing better than both CBs on the Cardinals (P.Peterson and AJ Jefferson).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #511
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

You say that 76 but don't really offer much in the way of proof either. I have watched every game this season so far and have seen both KJ and Allen getting burned constantly. It would be one thing if I was the only one noticing buy apparently the other coach/QB notices it also as it seems like they constantly notice a soft spot in our secondary and sodomize us for ten yards over and over again while asking KJ to squeal like a pig boy. If anything our pass rush is making him look better statistically than he is actually playing.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #512
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
It would be one thing if I was the only one noticing buy apparently the other coach/QB notices it also as it seems like they constantly notice a soft spot in our secondary and sodomize us for ten yards over and over again while asking KJ to squeal like a pig boy.
76 has provided way more proof than anyone questioning his evaluations. What proof do you have of opposing QBs "sodomizing us" "while asking Kj to squeal like a pig boy"?

That has happened once, vs New Oreans & he hasn't been successfully picked on since.

Flacco didn't throw on him any more or completed any more passes on him than any of the other corners.

Hasselbeck threw on him 3 times during the game (if I remember right) none were completed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
If anything our pass rush is making him look better statistically than he is actually playing.
Most likely, but that's part of the point.
Old 10-25-2011   #513
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Prove it, Rey!

Sorry, but I called that Bull!
I've never defended Allen.

I've simply maintained that I thought he was a better option to have on the field than Kjax in certain situations. Overall, he makes more plays than Kjax does.

If you want proof just watch the games.
Old 10-25-2011   #514
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Note to steelbtexan: P. Peterson still sucks!
Err, I mean, you'll have to wait some more before Peterson makes any real play out there!

Update, against the Steelers, he had no pass defended.
He gave up 5 catches of the 9-15yd variety.
He got called for a 14yd PI where he just ran into the receiver.
He was also called on an illegal use of the hand way past the 5yd limit.
He "might have" gotten away with it on a medium pass (somewhere around 32 yards.)
The pass was just long for Wallace to catch.

At least, he didn't give up a TD on a red zone play.
Wait, that was only because he put his elbow into Wallace rib and pushed him off slightly (more than slightly actually) as Wallace tried to pull in a one-handed catch over his head near the side line at the top of the EZ with the safety closing in. (This was with the ball on the Cards 20yd line).

On an attempt to stop a run to the outside, Peterson put his head down trying to take the runner off his legs instead of wrapping up. You might have guessed it: he missed and the runner was still inbound (the runner is nowhere near the sideline for a defender to try this tactic). The commentator agreed that it was poor tackling.

Did you have a chance to watch that game, Jay?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #515
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've never defended Allen.

I've simply maintained that I thought he was a better option to have on the field than Kjax in certain situations. Overall, he makes more plays than Kjax does.

If you want proof just watch the games.
I've defended Kjax. I've maintained that I thought he was a better option to have on the field than Allen in certain situations, especially with bigger more physical receivers, or when you need a tackle.

If you want proof, just watch the games.
Old 10-25-2011   #516
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've defended Kjax. I've maintained that I thought he was a better option to have on the field than Allen in certain situations, especially with bigger more physical receivers, or when you need a tackle.

If you want proof, just watch the games.
I saw one run play to KJ's side, Kj got his hands on CJ2ypc and held him up at the LOS, play over, forward progress stopped. No gain.

Similar play, Allen dives at CJs feet, completely misses CJ picks up 4 of his 18 yards, thank God we've got safeties & LBs on this team.

There was another, Allen got beat on a crossing route (there was a bit of a pick from the slot receiver) Allen trailing way behind, dives and gets nothing but air.

That play to 17 where Allen was beat, the ball went through the receivers hands, hit his helmet then bounced off before Allen wraped his arms up. He should have caught that ball & Allen had nothing to do with him not.

The worst play I saw from KJ, he let a receiver get behind him, run an out & the ball receiver couldn't stay in bounds. I don't know if KJ was in zone on that play, there was a safety coming down on the receiver. Jason Allen was on the sideline telling Kj he did a good job..... kudos to Allen.

Kj got beat on that deep route, got the PI call, I thought their feet got tangled & he was falling down.

On the next play, he stays on top of his man a little better & uses his body to crowd the receiver to the line. Not great, but good job.
Old 10-25-2011   #517
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
76 has provided way more proof than anyone questioning his evaluations. What proof do you have of opposing QBs "sodomizing us" "while asking Kj to squeal like a pig boy"?

That has happened once, vs New Oreans & he hasn't been successfully picked on since.

Flacco didn't throw on him any more or completed any more passes on him than any of the other corners.

Hasselbeck threw on him 3 times during the game (if I remember right) none were completed.

Most likely, but that's part of the point.

Kj was out for a couple games so lets not act like he's been holding it down every since NO.
Old 10-25-2011   #518
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I saw one run play to KJ's side, Kj got his hands on CJ2ypc and held him up at the LOS, play over, forward progress stopped. No gain.

Similar play, Allen dives at CJs feet, completely misses CJ picks up 4 of his 18 yards, thank God we've got safeties & LBs on this team.

There was another, Allen got beat on a crossing route (there was a bit of a pick from the slot receiver) Allen trailing way behind, dives and gets nothing but air.
Versus the Jags, with their receivers & MJD, I doubt we see Allen as much as we saw him against the Ravens.

We need physical bodies, we need tacklers.
Old 10-25-2011   #519
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Kj was out for a couple games so lets not act like he's been holding it down every since NO.
I'm not the one saying he has been "sodomized" again & again. My response was not to make it sound like he's been shut-down, but to illicit examples of the sodomization.
Old 10-25-2011   #520
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Note to steelbtexan: P. Peterson still sucks!
Err, I mean, you'll have to wait some more before Peterson makes any real play out there!

Update, against the Steelers, he had no pass defended.
He gave up 5 catches of the 9-15yd variety.
He got called for a 14yd PI where he just ran into the receiver.
He was also called on an illegal use of the hand way past the 5yd limit.
He "might have" gotten away with it on a medium pass (somewhere around 32 yards.)
The pass was just long for Wallace to catch.

At least, he didn't give up a TD on a red zone play.
Wait, that was only because he put his elbow into Wallace rib and pushed him off slightly (more than slightly actually) as Wallace tried to pull in a one-handed catch over his head near the side line at the top of the EZ with the safety closing in. (This was with the ball on the Cards 20yd line).

On an attempt to stop a run to the outside, Peterson put his head down trying to take the runner off his legs instead of wrapping up. You might have guessed it: he missed and the runner was still inbound (the runner is nowhere near the sideline for a defender to try this tactic). The commentator agreed that it was poor tackling.

Did you have a chance to watch that game, Jay?
See, I don't understand why you feel the need to point out how much other players are sucking to try and prove a point about KJ.

None of that really matters as to whether or not KJ is a plus or minus on this team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read