Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011   #481
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Most everybody was wrong about Chris Myers.
I was among the minority to say that he was far from being the weak link on the O-line.
Just because the mass thinks a certain way doesn't make them right!
I'll vouch for you on this one. People were saying a lot of things, & I think you, like me, began to study the games & see exactly why Kubiak kept trotting him out there. The answer was simple. He was the only one doing his job consistently well for much of his first two seasons here. It took time before everyone else fell in line. Now, the whole line looks purty damn good.

Quote:
Hardly nobody gave Foster a chance as an UDFA to even make the team.
I was pretty much the lone supporter of his from the start.
I'm not going to be able to back this one up. Just about everyone wanted to see Foster instead of Chris Brown & Steve Slaton. If Jeremiah Johnson wasn't on IR, we'd have wanted to see him as well.
Quote:
The list goes on and on...
There aren't many players that get the ire of Texans' fans like Myers & Kareem. The only others I can think of is Buchannon, Babin, TJ (who I tried to defend..), Okoye (who I also tried to defend), & Dunta (but if it weren't for the pay me Rick stuff, there would still be a lot of delusional fans thinking he deserves a pro bowl berth).

I was right on Dunta, the injury made it easier because he was never the same after that. The one thing he brought, he couldn't any more. I was wrong (evidently) on Babin, TJ, & Okoye (sort of, I never said he was a 1st round DT, but worthy of a playing time).

Old 10-24-2011   #482
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's not true, TK.
Jackson was targeted twice in that series.

On one of them, actually on both of them he was right there!
I will post the screen shots when I have some time.

Personally, I think the PI was iffy. Looks more like incidental contact to me.
Jackson had inside position; the receiver tried to step in front of him.
I don't think a receiver is allowed to do that.
When two guys are rubbing neck and one guy tries to step to one side over the other; I don't see how you can avoid contact.
But let go ahead and accept the PI, that's OK with me.

I just want to point out that the receiver did not get past KJ; it was the contact that gave him a little separation at the end.

KJ was in step with receiver on the other pass along the side line.
There was no chance for a completion.

Rey, IMO, you are grasping at straw when you said they pulled KJ because of that PI.

Overall, KJ played in more series and more snaps than Allen.

The three series Allen played in were the three longest drives for the Tacks (48, 20, and 66 yards.)

The 7 series KJ played in (not counting the last series where the Tacks gained 4 yards to run out the game), the Tacks gained 10 total yards.
If you want to add that 30 yard PI, it comes up to 40 yards total.

And no, Allen didn't defend that long pass on the seam route (with the safety defending the post route.) The receiver dropped that ball. Also, it wasn't the best pass Hasselbeck could have thrown; it was a little high over the shoulder pad (slightly underthrown where the receiver has to alligator-arm the catch instead of out front where the receiver can extend the arms to catch the ball away from his body.) This one could have easily been a 45-50 yard catch.
Allen was not credited for a pass defended, and rightfully so.

Compare with the 51yd catch to T. Smith in the Ravens game, this one is a much easier play to defend where the CB knows that he has deep safety help over the middle (the post route). All he has to worry about is the seam route and the corner route.

I haven't criticized Allen yet since the regular season started.
I don't call for him to be benched or pulled every time he had an underwhelming moment.
And I'm not going to start now; I will just let the play on the field justify Wade's decision on who to play.
(I'm seeing KJ continue to start and play more than Allen; it's not simply my opinion, it's what's been happening; KJ played in 8 series and 27 snaps; Allen played in 3 series and 21 snaps. Allen didn't register anything on the stat sheet; he could have two tackles, but he missed both.)
I notice a lot of times, he's not exactly getting beat badly. It's just that he has almost no awareness of where the ball is at. Too often he is not able to disrupt the pass because he is too focused on the receiver.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #483
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I love ya 76, but this thread needs to die.

yesterday matt hasselbeck looked over, saw KJ & immediately went deep on him........... twice. Matt Freakin' Hasselbeck dude. It may as well have been Chad Pennington. That doesn't bode well for him.

The other thing is that he got pulled for Jason Allen & Brice McCain in spots...in which case McCain got a pick 6.

It's official, he's a bust & i look for him to last on this roster for probably 1 more year b4 they get the memo & release him.
It's way too early for a corner to be labeled a bust.
Old 10-24-2011   #484
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
It's way too early for a corner to be labeled a bust.
two years of awful play can be labeled as a player who isn't playing well however. Just because you don't want to call him a bust shouldn't make one live in a state of denial.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #485
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So what exactly did you mean by this?
I am not sure I understand your comment there.
Quote:
No, the ball bounced off the receiver before Allen got there.
Go rewatch it; Allen was beat on that play.
He was behind all the way until the receiver bobbled that ball.
A throw out front and/or slightly toward the inside and Allen would have no chance whatsoever.

We can give him credit for being close enough to prevent the receiver from recapturing the ball; but again, hoping for our CB to get lucky to defend a pass is not a good strategy.
I'm not tearing Allen down; I'm only describing what happened on the field.
You can say that Allen recovered and took opportunity of a poor pass and catch not to let the receiver has a chance at recapturing the ball; I would agree to that.

Remember that I gave Allen credit for the INTs (even though others like TK suggested that they were scheme related and that Allen was at the right place at the right time.)

My point was that you give credit to KJ for "being close", but when Allen is actually making physical contact with a receiver as he tries to haul in a pass you just give it the ol' "meh"...

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/J...LDXvq3eh0l.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/J...B9uLteIBAl.jpg

It took a really good throw and would have taken an eaually good catch...Allen was able to be enough of a disturbance to stop the completion...

I do not think Allen is a good player. He's not good really. BUT he is taking away snaps from Kareem...Doesn't speak well for Kjax...

Last edited by Rey; 10-24-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #486
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I notice a lot of times, he's not exactly getting beat badly. It's just that he has almost no awareness of where the ball is at. Too often he is not able to disrupt the pass because he is too focused on the receiver.
He had a very bad rookie season & people are still holding that against him. His play has been much better this year, not starting #2 CB yet, but I think Wade believes he will get there.
Old 10-24-2011   #487
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
My point was that you give credit to KJ for "being close", but when Allen is actually making physical contact with a receiver as he tries to haul in a pass you just give it the ol' "meh"...

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/J...LDXvq3eh0l.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/J...B9uLteIBAl.jpg

It took a really good throw and would have taken an eaually good catch...Allen was able to be enough of a disturbance to stop the completion...

I do not think Allen is a good player. He's not good really. BUT he is taking away snaps from Kareem...Doesn't speak well for Kjax...
I don't think you're desperate, but why would you bring up pictures from a different game to defend this play.

18 Kenny Britt is currently injured and didn't play in the game.

The receiver who beat Allen was #17 D. Williams.
The ball actually bounced off William's shoulder pad; it was not a good throw at all.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2011   #488
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 629 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe his best friend growing up was Jacque Reeves who taught him everything he knows? I think I can fix this issue then. As suggested with Reeves, promote Jackson to team captain, so he gets a radio in his helmet. Then Wade can yell when to turn around
Old 10-24-2011   #489
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There are time to locate the ball, and there are time to play the earlobe/eyes of the receiver.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #490
foo82
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
two years of awful play can be labeled as a player who isn't playing well however. Just because you don't want to call him a bust shouldn't make one live in a state of denial.
seriously. How long would you say it takes most corners to acclimated to the NFL level? Most people would agree on 3 years. How long has it been so far?

1.5 years.

How can you label someone as a bust when it is barely half the time it takes to start showing your actual worth?
Old 10-24-2011   #491
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Most everybody was wrong about Chris Myers.
I was among the minority to say that he was far from being the weak link on the O-line.
Just because the mass thinks a certain way doesn't make them right!

Hardly nobody gave Foster a chance as an UDFA to even make the team.
I was pretty much the lone supporter of his from the start.

The list goes on and on...
None of this has any effect on whether Kareem Jackson is a bad corner. Mostly because Kareem Jackson is a bad corner, not if Chris Meyers is good at Center, or if Arian Foster was a good UDFA pickup.

EDIT: And Kareem still has no deep speed whatsoever. If a WR gets a step on Jackson, he will be open.
Old 10-24-2011   #492
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think you're desperate, but why would you bring up pictures from a different game to defend this play.

18 Kenny Britt is currently injured and didn't play in the game.

The receiver who beat Allen was #17 D. Williams.
The ball actually bounced off William's shoulder pad; it was not a good throw at all.
The picture I posted of Britt shows Allen getting burned so that was not in defense of Allen.

The website I went to had those two plays in sequence and I didn't think to check the jersey numbers...I just assumed it was the same play...

But the second picture clearly shows Allen Grabbing the recievers arms preventing any chance of a completion...Bobbled ball or otherwise...

But I am not here to defend Allen...He's not good overall...We need a real #2 corner and this defense will be exponentially better...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #493
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

....and Kareem Jackson falls down.

Just seemed like it was about time for that.
Old 10-24-2011   #494
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
....and Kareem Jackson falls down.

Just seemed like it was about time for that.
.....and Allen trips over him while he's down..
Old 10-24-2011   #495
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
.....and Allen trips over him while he's down..
...Keo would have tripped over both of them, but he wasn't even in the same zip code as KJ and Allen...
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #496
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
...Keo would have tripped over both of them, but he wasn't even in the same zip code as KJ and Allen...
Rep for adding Shilo....I was trying to think of a creative way to add him to the mix and you beat me to it.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #497
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I kinda like Shilo. Obviously not for his cover ability at this stage, but he ain't scared to divvy up a few slobber-knockers. If his coverage can get a bit better he'd be a decent stop-gap until Manning's able to play again.
Old 10-24-2011   #498
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I kinda like Shilo. Obviously not for his cover ability at this stage, but he ain't scared to divvy up a few slobber-knockers. If his coverage can get a bit better he'd be a decent stop-gap until Manning's able to play again.
KJ is a better tackler than Keo, by a factor of atleast 10. Remember all of the whiffs he has in the preseason? Keo tries to make the highlight hit all the time instead of just making the tackle. Safeties and corners cannot risk missing tackles.

Nobody in the secondary scares me more than Keo.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #499
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
KJ is a better tackler than Keo, by a factor of atleast 10. Remember all of the whiffs he has in the preseason? Keo tries to make the highlight hit all the time instead of just making the tackle. Safeties and corners cannot risk missing tackles.

Nobody in the secondary scares me more than Keo.
True, he did have a rough preseason. I still like how agressive he plays and I can only assume he'll get better.

Oh, there's no doubt he's the scariest one in the secondary now. No argument there.
Old 10-24-2011   #500
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

will this thread ever die ? KJ sucks, he flat out sucks, SURE he has played better than last season BUT we have had more pressure. i have still seen him get beaten just as badly, thank god Manning and Quin have been back there to stop the play.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read