Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011   #441
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

this thread reminds me of those old David Carr threads where people would rationalize his play as somehow good, and blame the problems on his supporting cast. Hilariously sad.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011   #442
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
this thread reminds me of those old David Carr threads where people would rationalize his play as somehow good, and blame the problems on his supporting cast. Hilariously sad.
It reminds me of the Chris Meyers threads where people would state Chris isn't playing as bad as the fans perceive him to be. A few bad plays for sure that stick in our minds, but overall his play was much better than fan perception.

Old 10-21-2011   #443
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It reminds me of the Chris Meyers threads where people would state Chris isn't playing as bad as the fans perceive him to be. A few bad plays for sure that stick in our minds, but overall his play was much better than fan perception.

Meyers didn't play well at first. It wasn't perception. The problem is when fans make up their minds and never change them despite evidence that a player has improved or gotten over injury, or cleaned up technique or whatever. Carr could clean up all the technique he wanted, but he was still Don Knotts in the pocket.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011   #444
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's revisionist history...Chris Myers WAS playing that bad. He deserved all the criticism that he received early on, but kudos to him for stepping his game up/getting healthy or whatever he did. He's a capable starter now...doesn't change the fact that early on he was a liability in the middle and routinely lost 1 on 1 match ups.

The guy was a 6th round pick and was traded for a 6th round pick...he's a self made player who had to put in a lot of hard hard to get to where he's at today. Kareem Jackson is a former 1st round pick who has been given a free ride so far...that makes these two scenarios completely incomparable. They have nothing in common. As another former 1st round pick, the David Carr comparison is much more fitting. Or Travis Johnson or Amobi Okoye..which ever one you want to throw into that spot.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #445
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
That's revisionist history...Chris Myers WAS playing that bad. He deserved all the criticism that he received early on, but kudos to him for stepping his game up/getting healthy or whatever he did. He's a capable starter now...doesn't change the fact that early on he was a liability in the middle and routinely lost 1 on 1 match ups.

The guy was a 6th round pick and was traded for a 6th round pick...he's a self made player who had to put in a lot of hard hard to get to where he's at today. Kareem Jackson is a former 1st round pick who has been given a free ride so far...that makes these two scenarios completely incomparable. They have nothing in common. As another former 1st round pick, the David Carr comparison is much more fitting. Or Travis Johnson or Amobi Okoye..which ever one you want to throw into that spot.

You wrote him (Myers) off, period.
You bombed!

Please don't try to rewrite anything.
Go back and reread your own posts!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #446
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I wasn't among those people!
Old 10-22-2011   #447
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Neither was I.
Old 10-22-2011   #448
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
First I made a minor correction.

I was watching something on NFL network last night about Revis...They talked about his holdout last year and and how much the team missed him...

And Rex talked about how because he had made so many plays in the past, QB's had stopped testing him really. Even after his holdout and hamstring injuries They didn't even look his way much last year...Look at the tackling numbers....That indicates that a lot of passes weren't completed on him. The year before, he had 31 PD's and 6 INT's...

You're talking about KJ and Revis since they came into the league and I don't really get your point...KJ had more INT's than Revis last year...Revis played 3 less games...another way to look at it is that Revis has made more plays in 6 games than KJ has made since he's been in the league despite QB's not wanting to throw at him...

Revis had 0 picks last year...the only year besides his rookie year that he hasn't had at least 3 INT's....He already has 3 INT's this year despite the fact that QB's would rather not throw his way...
Sorry Rey, you keep throwing out names only to find out you actually didn't watch hardly enough of their games!

One thing you must realize is that when a CB doesn't make the tackle on his man, it means that somebody else is doing it for him!
Old 10-22-2011   #449
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Unfortunately, I was amoung those who believed in Carr. I didn't really see the light until after he was in carolina and couldn't beat out Delhome nor could he perform whe called on to back-up when Delhome was injured. I was wrong.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #450
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 967 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

His coverage skills list him at 92/98 in ranking of corners. One notable name below him... Dunta Robinson. Thank god we didn't resign him.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #451
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You wrote him (Myers) off, period.
You bombed!

Please don't try to rewrite anything.
Go back and reread your own posts!
I don't have to go back and read my posts, because I know exactly what I said...and yes I DID WRITE HIM OFF (as did the majority of this board). Now what does that have to do with revisionist history and acting like the guy was playing good football at that time?

Guess what, He was playing some REAL shitty football at the time and deserved to be "written off". I didn't "bomb" on anything...he simply succeeded, but what's the chance that lightning strikes twice? LOL, you better hope it does or it will be you who will "BOMB".

lol, I'll never feel ashamed or be upset if a Texan player "proves me wrong" (if I'm criticizing his crappy play), because it means MY TEAM improved and I'm always down with that. If it makes you feel better I hope to Christ that Kubiak and even Kareem Jackson prove me wrong as well. Don't see it happening, but I sure as hell hope so..because again, it means my team has a brighter future.
Old 10-22-2011   #452
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I don't have to go back and read my posts, because I know exactly what I said...and yes I DID WRITE HIM OFF (as did the majority of this board). Now what does that have to do with revisionist history and acting like the guy was playing good football at that time?

Guess what, He was playing some REAL shitty football at the time and deserved to be "written off". I didn't "bomb" on anything...he simply succeeded, but what's the chance that lightning strikes twice? LOL, you better hope it does or it will be you who will "BOMB".
Well, that's a possibility. That he was playing poorly then all of a sudden got better. OR, maybe you & everyone else on the board was wrong.

I've always argued (and it wasn't just me) that Chris Myers was doing what he was supposed to be doing & it was actually the pieces around him that needed improvement.

I remember taking a little slack, for suggesting that Chester Pitts was probably our worse lineman.

Maybe I was wrong, that could happen, & Chris just got better in that time, much better.

Truth be told he is playing better now than he has, but not by as much as what you & many others think.

So I'll give you that. Chris has gone from "not worthy of being on an NFL team" to "possible pro bowl/all pro candidate"

Back to Kareem. I don't believe he is playing as poorly as some are saying. Rey is probably most correct in saying it's his apparent lack of play-making ability that begs to question why he is starting.

I don't know that he'll ever be a pro-bowler or an all-pro. But soon, I believe he'll be earning his spot at CB2. Of course that means he'll have to get better, right now, his biggest weakness is consistency. Once he gets that settled, & the game slows down for him (because you can tell it's still a little too fast), then he'll start making plays.

Old 10-22-2011   #453
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well, that's a possibility. That he was playing poorly then all of a sudden got better. OR, maybe you & everyone else on the board was wrong.

I've always argued (and it wasn't just me) that Chris Myers was doing what he was supposed to be doing & it was actually the pieces around him that needed improvement.

I remember taking a little slack, for suggesting that Chester Pitts was probably our worse lineman.

Maybe I was wrong, that could happen, & Chris just got better in that time, much better.

Truth be told he is playing better now than he has, but not by as much as what you & many others think.

So I'll give you that. Chris has gone from "not worthy of being on an NFL team" to "possible pro bowl/all pro candidate"

Back to Kareem. I don't believe he is playing as poorly as some are saying. Rey is probably most correct in saying it's his apparent lack of play-making ability that begs to question why he is starting.

I don't know that he'll ever be a pro-bowler or an all-pro. But soon, I believe he'll be earning his spot at CB2. Of course that means he'll have to get better, right now, his biggest weakness is consistency. Once he gets that settled, & the game slows down for him (because you can tell it's still a little too fast), then he'll start making plays.

Whoa whoa buddy, pump the brakes lol While he has developed (and no he hasn't always played at his current level), he isn't close to the probowl and isn't remotely close to "all pro" status.

* And before you accuse me of being a hater, for argument sake, let's say I'm wrong about this too......guess who isn't wrong? Mr. Pouncey and Mr. Mangold...the two players Myers will have to beat out on a yearly basis in his own conference. Sorry, but I don't see that happening.
Old 10-23-2011   #454
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Kareem get taken out of the line up after the first series?

I know he got beat, but dang.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #455
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 967 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We haven't seen any long pass plays completed so its safe to assume he isn't out there.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #456
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

He got beat three times back to back to back. I know one of those was another play where allowing the reciver to get behind him was absolutely inexcusable. If he was benched, & I think he was, good call.
Old 10-23-2011   #457
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2649 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hm. I keep thinking Kareem would make a good Safety. He doesn't react well with his back to the ball, but man can he tackle well.

Allen made some plays, but he gave up a few as well. I just wish he had Kareems tackling abilities.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #458
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Most NFL ready corner .. Great agent he has
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #459
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

His agent should fire him.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #460
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He got beat three times back to back to back. I know one of those was another play where allowing the reciver to get behind him was absolutely inexcusable. If he was benched, & I think he was, good call.
100% agree. He just does not have "the length" to be a CB.

Jason Allen can stride out and match WRs as they run down the field (that's the "length" I am talking about. KJ has no first burst, no make-up speed, and no ball awareness.

And I think I'm being fairly kind in staying objective. I could have said he plays like shit, he sucks, and he shouldn't be in a CB role at all...I could have said that, but I didn't. I am thinking it, but I won't say it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read