Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-19-2011   #81
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak 2011 coach of year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I bet Jason Garrett gets Coach of the Year in 2011. Turning around a 6-10 Cowboys team in 'the toughest division of the NFL'. It's a good setup for a team in that position.
Speaking of which....

Ever hear that old saying, "There's nothing in Texas but Steers & Queers?"

I heard, I'm only telling you what I heard now.....

The Steers call themselves Texans.

& the Queers..... let's just say they wear silver pants.

I'm just sayin'
Old 07-29-2011   #82
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

How do you like me now?
Old 07-29-2011   #83
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
How do you like me now?
Let's get double digit wins before we jump back on this thing.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #84
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm .. no
Old 07-29-2011   #85
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Let's get double digit wins before we jump back on this thing.
A lot of posters are saying we are bound for playoffs & maybe not as cautious as you.
lol
Old 07-29-2011   #86
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Cowher had two 6-10 seasons. Not several. What he had several of were playoff appearances. 10 in 15 seasons. Please, please do not make comparisons of Gary Kubiak to Bill Cowher. It's foolish.
What blows my mind about Cowher is 108–1–1. This is his record in games in which they built a lead of at least eleven points.

Yeah, I get that he inherited a better team than Kubiak (although Cowher did inherit a losing team, 7-9, and went 11-5 with them. The first of six playoff appearances in a row, making him only one of two coaches to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first six seasons as head coach in NFL history).

But no way can anyone ever convince me that Kubiak would have been 108–1–1 with that same Steelers team.

Agreed about the foolishness of such comparisons. It's comparing a Fiat to a Ferrari at this point.
Old 07-29-2011   #87
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How do you like me now?
I liked you better in the Asomugha has already signed with the Texans thread.......you are on a roll G!
Old 07-29-2011   #88
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How do you like me now?
Still pretty dumb.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #89
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How do you like me now?
Your team has done very well in the Off season, no doubt. But you didn't win the offseason. Thus far the Iggles are winning it.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #90
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 124668 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Alright we're getting ahead of ourselves now.
Youknow?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #91
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Your team has done very well in the Off season, no doubt. But you didn't win the offseason. Thus far the Iggles are winning it.
yeah, they stole DRC and a 2nd rd pick from AZ for a backup QB and then won the Nnamdi sweepstakes over Rex Ryan and Jerruh Jones (if Jerruh was actually ever in it). They'll probably unload Asante Samuel for a 2nd day pick... The Walrus is Dealin'
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011   #92
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How do you like me now?
can we get that in pink soap.
Old 12-05-2011   #93
badboy
Site Contributor

Thought I'd bump this thread. I enjoyed reading some of the slams I got. Still long ways to go; well not really. 4 games and we should sweep.
Old 12-05-2011   #94
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, he certainly should be in the running. I doubt he would get it. The Harbaugh at the 49ers will likely be the one.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #95
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Good post.

At one point I was a big kubiak supporter. But after all these years Ive seen a pattern. And that pattern is losing and for the most part coming up short In key situations.

I hope that changes this year with a competent d coordinator on board.
The one constant has been that he has put his players in a position to win games / make critical plays ..... those players havent done that until this season.

Sometimes the breaks go your way ..... sometimes they dont. Two games that stand out to me from last season are Jax and Baltimore. Jax needed a miracle on the final play ..... and had JJ caught a damn ball that hit him in the hands in the endzone in Baltimore that game never goes to OT. Those plays were left on the field last season ..... those same plays are going the Texans way this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildroot View Post
Don't mean to split hairs but Cowher had TWO 6-10 seasons. "Several" is MORE than two, sometime more than three, but never less than three.

And he did it in a span of 15 years. Kubiak managed to equal him in 5.
Cower didnt take over a 2-14 team either .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011   #96
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
IMO, he certainly should be in the running. I doubt he would get it. The Harbaugh at the 49ers will likely be the one.
Would not injuries play into that? Don't really keep up with SF but doubt they had same issues.
Old 12-06-2011   #97
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

While I understand the desires of Texans fans to crown our head coach, it is premature at this point simply because this season has not played out.

We are assuming that the Texans clinch the AFC South and make the playoffs, but it has not happened, yet. All that is certain right now is that the Texans have matched their best win total.

Let's give it a few weeks and then revisit this discussion. Kubiak might be the clear favorite when this team goes 13-3 and is the top seed in the AFC.
Old 12-06-2011   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
While I understand the desires of Texans fans to crown our head coach, it is premature at this point simply because this season has not played out.

We are assuming that the Texans clinch the AFC South and make the playoffs, but it has not happened, yet. All that is certain right now is that the Texans have matched their best win total.

Let's give it a few weeks and then revisit this discussion. Kubiak might be the clear favorite when this team goes 13-3 and is the top seed in the AFC.
I agree completely. When does the award get handed out?

I'm really all about balance. Sometimes I'll take one side of an argument, sometimes the other. Usually I'm on the homer side. So I can understand how some people will misconstrue what I am saying.

So to be clear.

I don't think Kubiak deserves COY.
Old 12-06-2011   #99
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree completely. When does the award get handed out?

I'm really all about balance. Sometimes I'll take one side of an argument, sometimes the other. Usually I'm on the homer side. So I can understand how some people will misconstrue what I am saying.

So to be clear.

I don't think Kubiak deserves COY.
yeah, I do the same thing on topics that I do not have 100% conviction. Sometimes it's just fun to discuss things from all angles.

Do you think he should get CotY if we go 13-3 and have top seed in the playoffs?
Old 12-06-2011   #100
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yeah, I do the same thing on topics that I do not have 100% conviction. Sometimes it's just fun to discuss things from all angles.

Do you think he should get CotY if we go 13-3 and have top seed in the playoffs?
I think it all depends on what Harbaugh does in San Francisco. If they finish with only 2 or 3 losses then he'll definitely get it since it's his first season. Kubiak definitely deserves to be in the discussion though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read