Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-20-2005   #1
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Texans for a Longhorn!

I'd love to see Benson fall to us or move up for DJ (though with losing that 2nd and 3rd highly unlikely). If neither of these things happen I'm for trading DOWN.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all for taking a pass on Bo Sciafe in the 5th or 6th...
Old 04-20-2005   #3
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

what position D-Rek?
Old 04-20-2005   #4
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a TE...I think he could develop into a good back-up if Joppru is healthy...
Old 04-20-2005   #5
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Ok I'm with it. but seriously when are we going to see Joppru play?
Old 04-20-2005   #6
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Supposedly, Joppru was healthy enough to play last season, but he wasn't in good enough shape to play football, so we inactivated him for the rest of the year...If he stays healthy, I see no reason why he can't win the starting job this year...
Old 04-21-2005   #7
Janus3
Veteran

johnson isn't suitable for a 3-4 defense, he's not physical enough to attack the qb. i wouldn't waste a pick on him. i wish the texans still had their 2nd, they'd be able to get matt mccoy in the 2nd. looks like they'll have to wait till the 3rd to address olb if they do. i think michael boley would be a good fit in the texans 3-4.
Janus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2005   #8
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 14 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3
johnson isn't suitable for a 3-4 defense, he's not physical enough to attack the qb.
Yeah. Neither was Ray Lewis when he came out of college.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think Chicago is high on Benson.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005   #10
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
Yeah. Neither was Ray Lewis when he came out of college.
ray lewis playes mlb fyi
Old 04-21-2005   #11
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

so would DJ if he came here
Old 04-21-2005   #12
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3
ray lewis playes mlb fyi
...as would DJ if he were drafted by us...
Old 04-22-2005   #13
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
...as would DJ if he were drafted by us...
lol, my apologies, didn't know he'd be shifted, i personalyl thing the lb crop this year is very good and a good one can be drafted in the 3rd. i personally think DJ would be a wasted pick if certain players are still on the board.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read