Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Boise State now recruiting heavily in Houston - 6 players from area on '11 Roster !

Yeah, and those kids would have most likely headed to TTU in Lubbock if Leach was still the HC there.

Seriously: He had kids from talent-rich area in TX going to Tech for two major reasons...

1. TTU was not in Florida or California, which meant family could drive up to Lubbock to see their kids play...or, TTU would be coming down to their area to play UT or A&M, etc.

2. They were going to have major playing time, and would thrive in a system that produced stat-heavy WRs every year. Lots of touches. Lots of chances to score TDs and make NCAA highlight reels for NFL scouting depts.

So I think it's rather obvious that Leach's firing has left a void that BSU is exploiting. Good for them. TTU deserves to fade into being a D-2 school, IMO. Bastards. I hope they rot for what amounted to an extremely short-sighted decision to fire a coach who led them, IIRC, to a bowl game every year for the past 10 years or so. Morons.

I can't begin to understand how they could rationalize themselves into doing that. All for the sake of saving money. Well, they also secretly resented Leach for having teased Washington State (IIRC) and how he used that trip as leverage to get a better deal with TTU. But you know what? It's not like TTU ended up being any more virtuous than Leach, IMO.

Yeah, and those kids would have most likely headed to TTU in Lubbock if Leach was still the HC there.
How did Craig James have enough juice to get Leach canned, wasn't he the same guy who was partly responsible for bring down SMU back in his college days ? From what I've read, Jame's kid got a break anyway when he was given a football scholarship at Tech ?
But back to the Houston-area prospects at BSU. Samuel Ukwuachu from TX-state champ Pearland is one of the young guys I'm most excited about. He's just a freshman so he's very young, and he's rangy (6' 5") and only 210 lbs so he's going to be growing, filling out. A DE, this kid could be a real
pass-rushing prospect ?

Back