Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-13-2011   #1
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [ESPN] PK's Future Stars Prediction

Paul Kuharsky's picking one player on each team that he presages will be the most dominate player for their respected team in the next 3-5 years:

Quote:
Brooks Reed, Texans linebacker: Houston’s second-round pick from April is super fast in his first 10 yards, which will allow him to be exceptionally rangy as a pro. In 2014, entering his fourth year, he should be approaching his peak and making plays against both the run and pass as an outside linebacker. His motor makes it difficult for offenses to consistently block him, and pulls a lot of his teammates along.

Also, keep in mind that he has also picked vets on other team in this blog as their franchise's future star(i.e Jake Long, Jerrod Mayo, Darelle Revis, Ray Rice), so he is predicting Reed impact on this team will be as important/surpass guys like Cushing, Mario, Foster, and AJ.

I'm not sure about being more, or even as, detrimental to the team over Foster or AJ (even though AJ will be 33-25 in the suggested timeline) But, I do feel he'll being very much a key cog for our defensive side in the not to near future; very excited to see him, and our new look D, in action.

PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [ESPN] PK's Future Stars Prediction

I don't doubt this one bit. He's gonna be a baller. I think JJ Watt will be as well. I'll go as far as to say I think Shilo Keo is gonna surprise some folks as well. IMO, Wade did a hella of a job in this draft. I don't think it's gonna take the standard 3 years in the league for these guys to shine.

Gary's 5th round choice I think may suprise some folks as well.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I forgot we drafted Brooks Reed! I'm actually more excited about him than JJ Watt. I think Watt will be a solid pro, but Reed will gives us that edge that we've needed for a long time now. Hope he can live up to his expectations but the dude is explosive off the blocks.
Old 07-13-2011   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
I'm not sure about being more, or even as, detrimental to the team over Foster or AJ (even though AJ will be 33-25 in the suggested timeline) But, I do feel he'll being very much a key cog for our defensive side in the not to near future; very excited to see him, and our new look D, in action.
Wait. What? Detrimental? Did you mean Instrumental?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #5
MFG16
Veteran

Rep Power: 301 MFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Calling it right now, Brandon Harris is going to be a beast. Watt, Reed, and Harris are all very good picks, and in a few years people outside of Houston will be talking about how great this draft was. yeah, I said GREAT!
MFG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #6
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

If Reed and Barwin do well at linebacker early, would it justify moving Mario back to DE opposite Watt this season, or is the biggest linebacker in the league an experiment that will last at least this whole season unless something goes horribly wrong?
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #7
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
If Reed and Barwin do well at linebacker early, would it justify moving Mario back to DE opposite Watt this season, or is the biggest linebacker in the league an experiment that will last at least this whole season unless something goes horribly wrong?
This is a huge year for Mario, especially because it's a contract year. IF Reed and Barwin do well at linebacker, IF Watt and Smith hold it down up front, and IF Mario doesn't prove to be an unstoppable, irreplaceable cog in our defense, he could very well be in a different city next year.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2011   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
Does Wade have some rich history of no line up adjustments through out the season?
Old 07-14-2011   #9
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Does Wade have some rich history of no line up adjustments through out the season?
I dont know, does he? lol
Old 07-14-2011   #10
Clamp
Rookie

On a side note, where ever Mario does end up position wise, I feel like this is a great opportunity for him to expand his repertoire of rush moves. One of his drawbacks that i feel like most people bring up is that he has the speed rush and the bull rush and that is it. Changing positions I am sure they will be hammering technique technique technique into him and along with it I'd be willing to bet there are several new moves they will show him to use coming around the edge. Whether he stays standing up or not, those moves can translate to his DE game as well. That is something to look forward to.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read