Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-13-2011   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default James Harrison is Talking...alot...Cushing included

This guy is just a motor mouth. Part of me likes that he pretty much says what is on his mind because I find it "train wreckish" and I think people like Goodell need to hear a little criticism but overall who can take him seriously when he talks so much. His good points get lost in the yapping.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/67...zine-interview

Quote:
NEW YORK -- Heavily fined Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison calls NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a "crook" and a "devil," among other insults, in a magazine article.

Quote:
If the Steelers had defeated the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl, Harrison said, he would have whispered in Goodell's ear during the trophy ceremony: "Why don't you quit and do something else, like start your own league in flag football?"

Harrison also criticizes other NFL execs, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), Houston's Brian Cushing ("juiced out of his mind") -- and even teammates Rashard Mendenhall and Ben Roethlisberger for their performances in the Super Bowl loss. Harrison questions whether a black player is punished more for a hard hit on a white player than the opposite.

Beyond the insults, Harrison makes some serious points about what he believes are the league's misguided attempts to increase safety. He explains how non-guaranteed contracts make players more likely to hit high, because in the short term, a torn knee ligament is more costly than a concussion
Old 07-13-2011   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: James Harrison is Talking...alot...Cushing included

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
This guy is just a motor mouth. Part of me likes that he pretty much says what is on his mind because I find it "train wreckish" and I think people like Goodell need to hear a little criticism but overall who can take him seriously when he talks so much. His good points get lost in the yapping.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/67...zine-interview

Harrison is a punk and a cry baby. Now he is attacking his own team-mates? He won't be around much longer.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Harrison is a punk and a cry baby. Now he is attacking his own team-mates? He won't be around much longer.
Attacking the teammates won't work in Steeler land. He will be gone
Old 07-13-2011   #4
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not going anywhere.

But if he does, I'd love him here.
Old 07-13-2011   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
He's not going anywhere.

I wouldn't. Dudes got a one way ticket out of the NFL. At this point he is one sack away from Goodell giving him a year suspension just b/c he can. Goodell would probably even whisper in his ear to go play flag football.

Old 07-13-2011   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Aside from the fact that he's probably right about Cushing he's really picking fights that he can't win. Going to war with the Goodell is just incredibly stupid. The man can end your career with the stroke of a pen.
Old 07-13-2011   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't. Dudes got a one way ticket out of the NFL. At this point he is one sack away from Goodell giving him a year suspension just b/c he can. Goodell would probably even whisper in his ear to go play flag football.
That would be hilarious if Goodell did that and winked at him afterward.

What the hell is with Harrison? Has the guy gone bonkers or is this some pathetic attempt to mirror the behavior of Chael Sonnen?? I can't believe he chose to blast two of his teammates that are both great players. That was just stupid and he will probably be traded.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-13-2011   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

What the hell is with Harrison? Has the guy gone bonkers or is this some pathetic attempt to mirror the behavior of Chael Sonnen?? I can't believe he chose to blast two of his teammates that are both great players. That was just stupid and he will probably be traded.
I think we are just seeing the results of doling out too many viscous hits in the NFL. Obviously it has imbalanced the juices in his brain and causes him to make stupid statements.
Old 07-13-2011   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

James Harrison is great. He's an asshole and a psychopath and I can sit back and laugh at some of the inane shit he says (Although that crap he said about the Pats is all true) and I don't have to actually interact with him.
Old 07-13-2011   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Just out of curiosity re his comments about Cushing, has he ever been in contact with Cushing, played against him or is this just a statement based upon rumors, gossip, I guess what has been established and is now common knowledge from Cushings rookie season in 2009 ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

lol. What a moron. Dude's a beast of a player, but he's obviously been receiving the brunt of the impact from tackling.
Old 07-13-2011   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, BoBBy wouldn't want a mean, smart playmaking OLB on his team.

BTW, he's spot on wth his comments about Goddell and players hitting high to avoid knee injuries. Even though he's probably the wrong messenger.

Goddell is a joke of a commish.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

Hopefully to the Texans.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #14
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
He's not going anywhere.

Disagree with both comments - vehemently on the second one.
Old 07-13-2011   #15
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Not the most appropriate way to express one's feelings, but I bet a large amount of NFL players feel the same way about Goodell. As for the Cushing remarks, I think he's probably saying the truth.
Old 07-13-2011   #16
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

I would find it funny if Goodell either suspended him for making these comments or fined him for it. While Harrison may be right on some things, you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Especially talking crap about your OWN teammates.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Hopefully to the Texans.
Widespread sentiment #1 - Houston has crappy coaches, and don't have the leadership in the locker room to compensate for it.

Widespread sentiment #2 - Pittsburgh is pretty much the opposite of Houston as it relates to widespread sentiment #1

So what sense does it make to pick up a player that Pittsburgh wasn't able to keep under control, and deemed to much of a problem to keep around?
Old 07-13-2011   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hopefully to the Texans.
Don't want him. I've got standards for the teams I root for, and as great of a player as he is, I wouldn't want this guy to have the privlidge of being spoiled by Uncle Bob. I wouldn't mind having certain players here who have had certain issues and what not, but not this guy. Not after all of the stuff he has said where he takes being a moron to such high levels. I wouldn't want any LB that would come out of nowhere bashing a great QB like Big Ben who is one of the best in the league or Mendenhall who is a great RB as well. Then he's calling the Commish names like devil and saying he wouldn't save his life if he was burning? The guy is just plain stupid. No way I'd want ta team cancer like that over here. Pittsburgh should trade him to Oakland.
Old 07-13-2011   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Yeah, BoBBy wouldn't want a mean, smart playmaking OLB on his team.

BTW, he's spot on wth his comments about Goddell and players hitting high to avoid knee injuries. Even though he's probably the wrong messenger.

Goddell is a joke of a commish.
He is no Tagliabue

Old 07-13-2011   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Not the most appropriate way to express one's feelings, but I bet a large amount of NFL players feel the same way about Goodell. As for the Cushing remarks, I think he's probably saying the truth.
The players just hate Goodell because he was the first commish that actually had some balls and started fining them when the conduct level was outragious in the NFL. As great of a commish as PT was before Goodell, he was soft as hell on the players as far as how they were punished and Goodell's been very inconsistent with a lot of his fines and his suspensions, but at least he came in and wasn't afraid to drop the hammer. He came in at a time where players were being arrested like every day practically. A lot of the resentment is based on the fact that Goodell doesn't let these guys act however they want to in public by getting arrested without consequence. I like Goodell for those reasons.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read