Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Is it me or....

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
is the NFL giving us more publicity all of a sudden?

First we hear about Aso coming to us and how we want to go after him.
Then we get Baldy from Total Access saying he would like to see us go after Plaxico.

Then last night, we hear Gerald Sensabaugh talking to NFL Network and they are asking him about what he thinks Wade will do to our defense and if he'd like to go there. Solomon had some great things to say about Sensabaugh and made a strong case for him to come to our team (citing that he knows the defense and would help with the quick transition alot more because he would have more knowledge of where to put everyone than Demeco would).

Just seems like I'm hearing more and more about our team than in years past and I believe alot of it has to do with Wade.

We really only need the D to step up and we're a playoff team. Adding Phillips and having the draft we had has got to increase the buzz.

Of course, it could be that the lockout is making for very slow news days.

We're not nearly as hopeless, doomed, or irrelevant as lot of folks in this city think.

I've noticed 790, especially, taking that angle and running with it. I don't know if they're trying to take 1560's "610 is the homer station" to the next level or if they're trying their hand in shock jock radio, but the endless, dismissive, "no one wants to come here because we are losers" shtick is old and inaccurate.

We aren't a perfect team, we all know that. But, prior to this 6-10 season in which our defense was historically bad, we had three consecutive seasons of .500 or better. That's obviously not where we want to be, but it's also not 2000's Oakland Raiders stuff either.

We're a team with a very good offense, some great players, and some unrealized potential.

You can't be a fan of the NFL and deny the fact that we are positioned to at least make the playoffs, if not better, if some chips fall our way. Teams have done more on smoke and mirrors than it would take for it to happen to us.

It's not hard to imagine a player wanting to come play for us. It's also not hard to imagine a good player thinking he's the one to push this team over the edge.

The Texans aren't utterly devoid of talent anymore and so instead of great chasms we merely have holes.

There are pieces out there that appear to fit those holes. In an off-season where nobody has been able to sign any free agents or draft picks that amounts to something to talk about.

You know how everyone on Texans Talk is bored as hell with no real football news to talk about due to the lockout?

You see a lot of people posting new topics, and responses to crap they wouldn't normally spend a minute thinking about?

That's the same phenomenon driving the recent uptick in Texans news...

You know how everyone on Texans Talk is bored as hell with no real football news to talk about due to the lockout?

You see a lot of people posting new topics, and responses to crap they wouldn't normally spend a minute thinking about?

That's the same phenomenon driving the recent uptick in Texans news...

:lol:

Oh wait, you're not kidding.

:kubepalm:

We're not nearly as hopeless, doomed, or irrelevant as lot of folks in this city think.

I've noticed 790, especially, taking that angle and running with it. I don't know if they're trying to take 1560's "610 is the homer station" to the next level or if they're trying their hand in shock jock radio, but the endless, dismissive, "no one wants to come here because we are losers" shtick is old and inaccurate.

We aren't a perfect team, we all know that. But, prior to this 6-10 season in which our defense was historically bad, we had three consecutive seasons of .500 or better. That's obviously not where we want to be, but it's also not 2000's Oakland Raiders stuff either.

We're a team with a very good offense, some great players, and some unrealized potential.

You can't be a fan of the NFL and deny the fact that we are positioned to at least make the playoffs, if not better, if some chips fall our way. Teams have done more on smoke and mirrors than it would take for it to happen to us.

It's not hard to imagine a player wanting to come play for us. It's also not hard to imagine a good player thinking he's the one to push this team over the edge.

Very positive

Just remember Rick and Gary are still running this org. That = -2 wins a yr.

What does everyone think about what Solomon Wilcox had to say about us getting Gerald Sensabaugh. He did also acknowledge that we need more than Aso so he would rather go after a quality DB and quality S. He just emphasized that we have a short time to learn the defense and having a good S that knows the defense will help.

Sensabaugh has a higher opinion of himself than most in Dallas. Solid player and would be an upgrade to the Texans but he also was part of the Cowboys poor start last year and made excuses about it.

Sensabaugh wouldn't be a whole lot of help lining up linebackers and d-lineman so I disagree that he'd have a bigger effect on getting players on the right position than the captain.

I think he could be a decent player for us, but he's not the kind of guy that I'd guarantee a starting spot to.

Most of the time, it feels like players come out and say they want to come to Houston for two underlying reasons:

1. They want us to bring them in, have a meeting, get said meeting mentioned in the media, and then travel onto another city and use us as leverage against another team. Leigh Bodden being the primary example of that tactic.

2. Hell yeah they want to come here. Who wouldn't? Bob is overly loyal to his head coach and even to some "special" players. You have a lot of room to fail and still be on the roster. Ask Amobi Okoye, Kris Brown, Chris Brown, Steve Slaton, Travis Johnson, etc.

I don't want Sensabaugh (sp?). From what I've read on here, by guys who follow the Cowboys, he's not exactly the type of guy who upgrades your defense much at all. Yeah, he's marginally better than what we have....but you have to put that into proper context, ya' know.

Sensabaugh wouldn't be a whole lot of help lining up linebackers and d-lineman so I disagree that he'd have a bigger effect on getting players on the right position than the captain.

I think he could be a decent player for us, but he's not the kind of guy that I'd guarantee a starting spot to.

Do you think we could get him at a decent price though? He did good in the interview stating that Newman is still a top CB in the league and that he felt the team in it's entirety got to a slow start and due to the rigors of the training camp Dallas' had that year (having basically 3 camp locations in SA, Dallas and California). Said that threw off their ability to focus on football.

Do you think we could get him at a decent price though? He did good in the interview stating that Newman is still a top CB in the league and that he felt the team in it's entirety got to a slow start and due to the rigors of the training camp Dallas' had that year (having basically 3 camp locations in SA, Dallas and California). Said that threw off their ability to focus on football.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. I've watched him play. I've played with him on madden.

He's not a difference maker.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. I've watched him play. I've played with him on madden.

He's not a difference maker.
Maybe you could get a scout position with the Texans doing this!! :fingergun:

I wouldn't mind Sensewhatever (He'd probably be an upgrade over Nolan) but there's plenty of people that have picked the Texans as a dark horse from year to year to get to the playoffs.

Kinda like the Cardinals when Warner was throwing the ball to Fitz.

Most of the time, it feels like players come out and say they want to come to Houston for two underlying reasons:

1. They want us to bring them in, have a meeting, get said meeting mentioned in the media, and then travel onto another city and use us as leverage against another team. Leigh Bodden being the primary example of that tactic.

2. Hell yeah they want to come here. Who wouldn't? Bob is overly loyal to his head coach and even to some "special" players. You have a lot of room to fail and still be on the roster. Ask Amobi Okoye, Kris Brown, Chris Brown, Steve Slaton, Travis Johnson, etc.

I don't want Sensabaugh (sp?). From what I've read on here, by guys who follow the Cowboys, he's not exactly the type of guy who upgrades your defense much at all. Yeah, he's marginally better than what we have....but you have to put that into proper context, ya' know.

Yup, as I said above, he is ok. Go google Sensabaugh Cowboys and the first 3 articles or so mention how he thinks he played well last year despite the defense struggling, excuses, how his numbers went up after Wade left(he says he fits with Wade though), etc. He has a higher opinion of himself than most. Overall I never was impressed with him watching all the games. He isn't a guy who will stand out..I'll put it that way.

Last edited:
Yup, as I said above, he is ok. Go google Sensabaugh Cowboys and the first 3 articles or so mention how he thinks he played well last year despite the defense strugling, excuses, how his numbers went up after Wade left(he says he fits with Wade though), etc. He has a higher opinion of himself than most.

So then really it's a matter if Wade agrees that he played well. He would know more than any of us.

It is always nice to see our team get publicity. However, publicity has never translated to success on the field.

And while I don't want to rain on anyone's koolaide parade, I am reminded of this quote:

"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."
~ Vince Lombardi

This franchise is 55-89 after nine seasons, with one winning season (two years ago) as it's "crowning glory".

I'm not buying into any delusion until they prove that they can make a habit of winning. So far, this organization's calling card is perpetual mediocrity, and I see very little at this time that makes me think this trend will not continue for awhile. Kubiak and Smith are managers, not leaders of men. And I think this is the defining difference between average and winning coaches/GMs.

"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate."
~ Vince Lombardi

So then really it's a matter if Wade agrees that he played well. He would know more than any of us.

Or Sensabaugh could play the cronyism card, get Wade to sign him up and then use his past relationship as a way to stay in good graces despite his poor play.

Because after all: He knows Wade's defense and could help the secondary to understand it better.

That's my fear with this whole Texans organizational environment: Cronyism. The idea that familiarity builds success, such as FOK'ers (Friends Of Kubiak'ers). Hell, even the ties of Bum Phillips and his clandestine meeting with Bob McNair at the end of the reg season was an example of this.

I don't want Sensabaugh to be here just because he's "decent" and could help the secondary understand Wade's defense faster. If that's the case, then he needs to quit being a player and get hired on as a secondary assistant coach or something.

No want.

Then again, it's only logical that McNair would rather trust the evaluative instincts and eyes of his coaches instead of McNair trusting his own eyes. I don't think the guy has a clue about football. He wants to tinker with the books and the public image of his organization.

While it was Jamie Dukes and Warren Sapp (I know already), it was funny when talking about the ACF South on NFL, both said the Texans were the mostly likely to overthow the Colts. Like many of us, even the mainstream media has been tired of being teased and even when wanting to give the Texans some props it is not very comfortable.

Back