Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-11-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New CBA mock

Probably should put this in NFL forum. Most of you know I enjoy mocking the Texans draft anually. What about some of you who have kept up with the ongoings of cba negotiations creating one that players & owners can agree to? Nothing formal but debate your ideas & why the other side should agree.

Offer opinions on 16 vs 18 game and how many pre-season games would be given up if any. What limits on rookie salaries would be acceptable, how many years to become UFA and will teams have more than one exclusive franchise player. Etc. Might be interesting.
Old 07-11-2011   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: New CBA mock

I would not just lower rookie wages but I also would not guarantee all of the money in their contracts and then they become an UFA after four years or maybe five years maximum.
Old 07-11-2011   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Please just end the lockout so we don't have more threads about the lockout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #4
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all for 18 game seasons. Playoff teams aren't exactly dead 18 games in. 2 Preseason games are replaced.
Make the rookie contracts small and 4 years.
17 week Thursday night football.
No right of first refusal, maybe only this year.
Cheerleaders release a nude calendar every year.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Cheerleaders release a nude calendar every year.
Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

3 preseason games (2 for evaluation, 1 for tune up of starters)
18 game season- More football_ more gooder, to me. I work 52 weeks a year for my meager wages.
I would limit rookie contracts to 20 mil gauranteed, 4 years with a 5th year option and escalator that pays average of top 10 salaries at a position. 4 years to UFA unless club opts for 5th w/ escalator.
I like the Franchise tag and all else as is.

This way teams can afford rookies and by year 3-4, it's pretty obvious whether a player is a bust or not.
Old 07-12-2011   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
3 preseason games (2 for evaluation, 1 for tune up of starters)
18 game season- More football_ more gooder, to me. I work 52 weeks a year for my meager wages.
I would limit rookie contracts to 20 mil gauranteed, 4 years with a 5th year option and escalator that pays average of top 10 salaries at a position. 4 years to UFA unless club opts for 5th w/ escalator.
I like the Franchise tag and all else as is.

This way teams can afford rookies and by year 3-4, it's pretty obvious whether a player is a bust or not.
Unless his name is Okoye.
Old 07-12-2011   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
[/b]Unless his name is Okoye.
I think most would say he's a bust for his draft position. He might make a servicable DT/DE but he just doesn't seem to have that "it" factor. He's like JJ. All potential and little results.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read