Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-11-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Suh wants to erase the “stigma” of being the Lions

MY purpose for this post is to see if anyone had the same feelings about this piece. Close your eyes and substitute names and some numbers.........and see what comes to mind.

Quote:
Suh wants to erase the “stigma” of being the Lions

Ndamukong Suh has been vocal this offseason about his lofty goals for the Lions, including going 16-0.

But as Suh continues to talk about the Lions as a team that can go all the way, he also mentions another goal: Changing the perception of the Lions around the NFL, so that players on other teams don’t just assume they’re going to be an easy win.

“Playoffs should no question be a goal, but that’s the first goal,” Suh said on ESPN, via the Detroit Free Press. “The second goal is to get to that next level, getting to the last round, getting to the Super Bowl and moving past that stigma of the Lions are just another team that, ‘Oh, we just beat you guys every, single year and that’s it.’ We’re going to be a team to be reckoned with.”

If that’s the way players on other teams talk to players on the Lions, it’s easy to see why: In 10 years since Matt Millen took over the team, Detroit has an 0-16 season, two 2-14 seasons, two 3-13 seasons, two 5-11 seasons, two 6-10 seasons and a 7-9 season. But Suh is extremely confident that the Lions can quickly turn those records into a distant memory.

“We can be 16-0 if we want to,” he said. “And the mind-set is that we want to be 16-0. Being able to have everybody fully healthy, all running on one cylinder, one engine — I mean, I think the sky’s the limit.”
Sad this comparison would immediately come to mind.........at least to my mind.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suh wants to erase the “stigma” of being the Lions

You want guys like that playing for your team. I respect the hell outta Suh.

With that said, you could easily substitute Suh for Cushing and Lions for Texans.
Old 07-12-2011   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I've taken a sip of the Detroit Koolaid, tastes a little like 6-10.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
MY purpose for this post is to see if anyone had the same feelings about this piece. Close your eyes and substitute names and some numbers.........and see what comes to mind.

Sad this comparison would immediately come to mind.........at least to my mind.
I think I know what you're talking about, but I don't understand why you would be sad.

You're comparing him to Kitna right? A few years back, he pretty much guaranteed 10 wins & a play-off berth..... he had a good year then, but I remember watching them & some of the ways they were loosing that year & thinking..... "You can't make this shit...

Hold on, now it's getting a little closer to home.
Old 07-12-2011   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I've taken a sip of the Detroit Koolaid, tastes a little like 6-10.
lol! I tried the Koolaide Taste Test and never could accurately tell the difference between Lions koolaide and Texans koolaide!

What is really sad is that I would not be surprised to see the Lions makes the playoffs before the Texans.
Old 07-12-2011   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
lol! I tried the Koolaide Taste Test and never could accurately tell the difference between Lions koolaide and Texans koolaide!

What is really sad is that I would not be surprised to see the Lions makes the playoffs before the Texans.
Actually last season they had a better record than the Texans when you reverse that bullshit call they had with Calvin Johnson. The Lions won that game fair and square.

Love to hear this kind of attitude from Suh though. That's exactly what that organization needs.

They're going to have a big problem though and that will be the difficulty of their division.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
You want guys like that playing for your team. I respect the hell outta Suh.

With that said, you could easily substitute Suh for Cushing and Lions for Texans.
You could substitute Cushing for Suh and Lions for Texans and it would sound pretty reasonable.

Then you would realize that it was Cushing talking and think "Not gonna happen (changing the perception of the Texans) with your steroid enhanced ass sitting out games because you "over-trained".

I have this sick feeling in my stomach that this year Cushing disappears entirely. I want to believe that this is the year he returns to his rookie form but when players like Harrison are making remarks about him and you look back at the whole over-trained athlete circus I just find myself feeling embarrassed for him and for the Texans too. It's like they have this insane ability to find the wrong guy.

I know it was off the point but I just think that I could see Andre Johnson saying this and it would sound spot on. I hear Brian Cushing say this and I think "You'll be out of football and 1/3 smaller in two years. You aren't going to change anything about the way the Texans are perceived".
Old 07-14-2011   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I dig me some Lions. They're definitely headed in the right direction, but they aren't in a favorable division. I think they'll jump the Vikes but they still have the Pack and the Bears to deal with. Heck, they might even jump the Bears.

BTW, Suh is a manimal. Love the guy and the way he plays the game

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read