Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Plaxico Burress says he could see himself playing for the Texans

Plaxico Burress is on the NFL network right now and the guys on there are talking about possible landing spots for him. Jason LaCanfora named the ones we have heard in Denver and St. Louis and Plax was very political when talking about those teams.

The Solomon Wilcox throws out a suprise team. He says the Houston Texans are looking for a #2 WR and Plax's 6'5 230lbs would look great across the field from Andre Johnson and Wilcox asks Plax what his thoughts are on joining Houston. "All I can say is WOW! Having a chance to play with the best WR in football would be great! I have to give a team props and Houston is an up and coming team with Andre, Arian Foster in my opinion is a top 5 rb and Matt Schaub at QB."

Now that isn't 100% what he said but I got the important parts in there from Plax

He's 33 years old and just out of prison. I'm not sure if he's a #2 WR. Give him an incentive laden 1 year offer and let him prove it.

Seen the vid on NFL mobile. He seems excited, but I don't wanna get my hopes up. Dre should do some more networking.

Well, his legs should be well rested. I think he would be an interesting addition. Other than being a stupid kid with a gun, I don't remember him being any sort of problem child.

oh man between Plax's gun and Andre kicking but Finnegan is going to have some major nightmars when they play us.

Bob McNair FA interview:

Bob: How did you manage to miss your "thing?"

Plax: I didn't.

Bob: How do you have the balls to come to my office and ask for a roster spot?

Plax: I missed "them."

Plaxico Burress has quite a few thoughts on where he'd like to play after spending the past two years in prison for carrying a gun into a New York City nightclub and shooting himself in the leg.

During an interview on NFL Network, Burress responded positively to the possibility of playing for the Houston Texans or New York Jets.http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6749155

Or Jets..maybe Eagles

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6749155

As for the Texans, he said: "When you say Houston, all I can say is 'Wow.' That's all I can say, because I give respect where respect is due. And I believe Andre Johnson is the best wide receiver in football. ... The way he's playing down in Houston, they're getting everything going in the right direction. Matt Schaub has really taken off as an elite quarterback. I think Arian Foster is one of the top-five running backs in this league. I think that team is bound for the playoffs this year and looking forward to great things."

I wouldn't mind it. I like his frame. I like his hands.

But Bob no likey. Bob likey good boys and girls. No likey a rap sheet.

I'd take Burress in a second. You'd get him on the cheap and he's probably gotten all of the immature bullshit out of his head now and would work his ass off. It's a no brainer in my eyes. I'd take him over that stupid Chad Johnson any way of the week. Plus, he's always been a damn good red zone threat.

But like GP said, Bob no likey. He's not a choir boy. It's amazing when you consider how many players we have to count out of the equation because they've had some sort of checkered history.

I'd take him. Low risk high reward.

He will pull a Vick and act like a man on fire out there.

Both those guys had rude awakenings laid upon them by having to serve REAL time in a REAL jail cell.

He knows AJ is king here, which I think fits Plaxico perfectly--Lets him focus on being the best WR2 he can be, knowing the spotlight and pressure will ultimately always fall upon AJ. A pretty good setup, especially with a great running game that he knows will always open up the passing game more.

Watching him on NFL access now. He is giving an interview. There is definitely sadness in his eyes.

I still don't understand how he gets 2 years for shooting himself and Stallworth gets probation for killing a man after drinking too much.

I would take Plax any day of the week. Bring him in!

I'd take Burress in a second. You'd get him on the cheap and he's probably gotten all of the immature bullshit out of his head now and would work his ass off. It's a no brainer in my eyes. I'd take him over that stupid Chad Johnson any way of the week. Plus, he's always been a damn good red zone threat.

But like GP said, Bob no likey. He's not a choir boy. It's amazing when you consider how many players we have to count out of the equation because they've had some sort of checkered history.

^^^^
This

Taking the guys with checkered pasts out of the equation is a big part of why the Texans are still dreaming of their 1st playoff appearance.

This a'int Sunday School Billionaire BoBBY. Sign Plax.

I still don't understand how he gets 2 years for shooting himself and Stallworth gets probation for killing a man after drinking too much.
I agree with you. Actually it seems like the sort of offense that should have resulted in a suspended sentence. I mean nobody was harmed besides himself of course. But I'm thinking it was kinda a political thing in NYC ? But still a really bad break for Burress.
I think we should really take a look at him. Look what Philly, one of the most respected NFL organizations, did with Vick. They took a chance and both them and Vick were big winners. Burress is a possession type receiver who'd be a tremendous compliment for Andre. And you know he's burning for a chance to to redeem himself. C'mon Mr Mcnair, surprise us and take a chance on this guy ? If you want to really be a winner, some times you've got to take some chances.

I don't think McNair would shy away from Burress.

I agree. I think Bob would like to give him a second chance. A contract that will have clause's in it about a code of conduct. One strike and he would be out.

OK, so, all us fans are asking for is Burress, Aso, Cromartie, Joseph and re-signing all our best players.

Is that too much to ask. :foottap:

Last edited:
I agree with you. Actually it seems like the sort of offense that should have resulted in a suspended sentence. I mean nobody was harmed besides himself of course. But I'm thinking it was kinda a political thing in NYC ? But still a really bad break for Burress.
I think we should really take a look at him. Look what Philly, one of the most respected NFL organizations, did with Vick. They took a chance and both them and Vick were big winners. Burress is a po.ssession type receiver who'd be a tremendous compliment for Andre. And you know he's burning for a chance to to redeem himself. C'mon Mr Mcnair, surprise us and take a chance on this guy ? If you want to really be a winner, some times you've got to take some chances
I absolutely think it was political. I wouldn't even be surprised to find out that the prosecutor was either a Jets fan or lost a ton of money on the Pats losing the superbowl.

Imagine Plax shooting himself here in Houston. He wouldn't have suffered any jail time. He would have been called a dumbass but that is the worst thing that would have happened.

The best thing about Plaxico on the Texans is it means he or Walter is our #3 and David Anderson can be let go, Jacoby can concentrate on being a punt returner where he has been more of an asset to us.

The best thing about Plaxico on the Texans is it means he or Walter is our #3 and David Anderson can be let go, Jacoby can concentrate on being a punt returner where he has been more of an asset to us.

For the second year in a row, Jacoby Jones took a step forward in his productivity by posting career-highs in catches (51) and yards (562). But he posted a three-year low in receiving average (11.0 yards per catch) and had three touchdowns (one every 17 catches) a year after posting six (and one every 4.5 catches). And looking at his 2010 return stats, they were less than stellar to say the least.

NFL Player Returning Statistics - 2010

I don't know that I would be particularly interested in seeing him back on returns any more than Slaton.

I agree. I think Bob would like to give him a second chance. A contract that will have clause's in it about a code of conduct. One strike and he would be out.

What in BoBBy's history would make you think this?

Case of wishful thinking.

For the second year in a row, Jacoby Jones took a step forward in his productivity by posting career-highs in catches (51) and yards (562). But he posted a three-year low in receiving average (11.0 yards per catch) and had three touchdowns (one every 17 catches) a year after posting six (and one every 4.5 catches). And looking at his 2010 return stats, they were less than stellar to say the least.

NFL Player Returning Statistics - 2010

I don't know that I would be particularly interested in seeing him back on returns any more than Slaton.

There was a time when Jacoby was an exciting punt returner.

Last year, not so much. I don't know if that means if he's washed up as a punt returner or not but it doesn't give me warm fuzzies about needing him on the team.

I was initially against Burress, but the more I've thought about it, the more I like it. If we could get Burress and say adios to JJ, I'd be good with that. I want to see what Holliday and Keo can do in the return game.

Sydney Rice
Santonio Holms
Braylon Edwards

All are free agents, are young, and haven't spent the past two years in jail

I would be happy with Plax if the Texans didn't get one of the above

Sydney Rice
Santonio Holms
Braylon Edwards

All are free agents, are young, and haven't spent the past two years in jail

I would be happy with Plax if the Texans didn't get one of the above

I would take Plax over those three, especially Edwards. I remember his drops and fumbles playing in Cleveland.

Plax has something to prove and with his size and sure handedness combined with AJ sky's the limit for the offense.

I would take Plax over those three, especially Edwards. I remember his drops and fumbles playing in Cleveland.

Plax has something to prove and with his size and sure handedness combined with AJ sky's the limit for the offense.

Braylon Edwards is a walking, talking, bleeding vagina. I don't want him in steel blue at all and is ready to throw anyone and everyone under the bus for his missteps and dropped passes.

I remember he was saying when he was in Cleveland, "People don't like me because I played at Michigan." Yes, Braylon, they don't like you because you went to school not because you dropped 2 or 3 wide open passes last game.

Back