Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-07-2011   #1
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Possible landing spots for Burress

Plaxico Burress is on the NFL network right now and the guys on there are talking about possible landing spots for him. Jason LaCanfora named the ones we have heard in Denver and St. Louis and Plax was very political when talking about those teams.

The Solomon Wilcox throws out a suprise team. He says the Houston Texans are looking for a #2 WR and Plax's 6'5 230lbs would look great across the field from Andre Johnson and Wilcox asks Plax what his thoughts are on joining Houston. "All I can say is WOW! Having a chance to play with the best WR in football would be great! I have to give a team props and Houston is an up and coming team with Andre, Arian Foster in my opinion is a top 5 rb and Matt Schaub at QB."

Now that isn't 100% what he said but I got the important parts in there from Plax
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #2
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible landing spots for Burress

would be sweet
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #3
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/07/07/burr...return-to-nfl/

From Jason LaCanfora's blog

"My man Solomon has an interesting thought on a potential landing spot as well — Houston. The Texans have long sought a true complement to Andre Johnson. Wouldn’t that be something? Burress’ eyes lit up at that proposition."
Old 07-07-2011   #4
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

He even called Schaub "elite".

Last edited by Allstar; 07-07-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #5
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
He even called Schaub the "elite".
Thanks!! I couldn't remember it all!
Old 07-07-2011   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

He's 33 years old and just out of prison. I'm not sure if he's a #2 WR. Give him an incentive laden 1 year offer and let him prove it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #7
MistaRed
All Pro

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Seen the vid on NFL mobile. He seems excited, but I don't wanna get my hopes up. Dre should do some more networking.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-07-2011   #8
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...l-Burress-land
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, his legs should be well rested. I think he would be an interesting addition. Other than being a stupid kid with a gun, I don't remember him being any sort of problem child.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #10
FR0497
Rookie

Rep Power: 269 FR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respected

Low risk, high reward. I like it.
FR0497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #11
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

oh man between Plax's gun and Andre kicking but Finnegan is going to have some major nightmars when they play us.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Well, his legs should be well rested. I think he would be an interesting addition. Other than being a stupid kid with a gun, I don't remember him being any sort of problem child.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaxico...Legal_troubles
Old 07-08-2011   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 246198 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob McNair FA interview:

Bob: How did you manage to miss your "thing?"

Plax: I didn't.

Bob: How do you have the balls to come to my office and ask for a roster spot?

Plax: I missed "them."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011   #14
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52456 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Plaxico Burress says he could see himself playing for the Texans

Plaxico Burress has quite a few thoughts on where he'd like to play after spending the past two years in prison for carrying a gun into a New York City nightclub and shooting himself in the leg.

During an interview on NFL Network, Burress responded positively to the possibility of playing for the Houston Texans or New York Jets.http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6749155
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Burress Wants to Play for Texans

Or Jets..maybe Eagles

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6749155

Quote:
As for the Texans, he said: "When you say Houston, all I can say is 'Wow.' That's all I can say, because I give respect where respect is due. And I believe Andre Johnson is the best wide receiver in football. ... The way he's playing down in Houston, they're getting everything going in the right direction. Matt Schaub has really taken off as an elite quarterback. I think Arian Foster is one of the top-five running backs in this league. I think that team is bound for the playoffs this year and looking forward to great things."
Old 07-08-2011   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Burress Wants to Play for Texans

I wouldn't mind it. I like his frame. I like his hands.

But Bob no likey. Bob likey good boys and girls. No likey a rap sheet.
Old 07-08-2011   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think McNair would shy away from Burress.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Burress in a second. You'd get him on the cheap and he's probably gotten all of the immature bullshit out of his head now and would work his ass off. It's a no brainer in my eyes. I'd take him over that stupid Chad Johnson any way of the week. Plus, he's always been a damn good red zone threat.

But like GP said, Bob no likey. He's not a choir boy. It's amazing when you consider how many players we have to count out of the equation because they've had some sort of checkered history.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011   #19
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take him. Low risk high reward.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I'd take him. Low risk high reward.
He will pull a Vick and act like a man on fire out there.

Both those guys had rude awakenings laid upon them by having to serve REAL time in a REAL jail cell.

He knows AJ is king here, which I think fits Plaxico perfectly--Lets him focus on being the best WR2 he can be, knowing the spotlight and pressure will ultimately always fall upon AJ. A pretty good setup, especially with a great running game that he knows will always open up the passing game more.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read