Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-20-2005   #41
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
I know plenty of raiders fans, and these desecriptions you're getting of PB, were there long before he asked for a trade.

Don't chalk this up to "a colts fan is lying because he's scared" many raiders fans got over this guys novelty after the first year, and many of them gave him the nickname "toast" for the way he gambles on everything.

Unless, you can fix his mental problems and actually get him to buy into something and get over his "da U" mentality (I know andre doesn't have it) then you will have a scary corner.
[sarcasm] So they nicknames him "Toast"?, how awsome it doesnt even have anything to do with his name! unlike the infamous nickname, "P-Burnt". How original, how great, how clever these Raider fans are! [/sarcasm]
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #42
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

He just finished his third season right? Well, it's not like I've never watched a young DB get toasted before and I can tell you honestly I wanted Chris Dishman's head on a platter for some of the things he did in his first couple of seasons.

If a bunch of Raider fans are ready to give up on this guy after three years then great, bring him on. Typical instant gratification demanding fans. We're going to get him at just the right time and two years from now the Raider Nation is going to be bitching about how the gave away this guy.
Old 04-20-2005   #43
TigerBait
Veteran

The bottom line is Texans fans will continue to believe they have gotten the better end of the deal, while Raiders fans think that they have. People are naturally biased. Until Buc has a horrible year, and the picks the Raiders recieved went to good use and for effective players, or Buc does verry well next year and the picks the Raiders recieved were use completely uselessly, we cannot make an accurate decision regarding who "stole" what.
Old 04-20-2005   #44
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait
The bottom line is Texans fans will continue to believe they have gotten the better end of the deal, while Raiders fans think that they have. People are naturally biased. Until Buc has a horrible year, and the picks the Raiders recieved went to good use and for effective players, or Buc does verry well next year and the picks the Raiders recieved were use completely uselessly, we cannot make an accurate decision regarding who "stole" what.

100% correct.
Old 04-20-2005   #45
wiley2002
Veteran

This PB trade is just the medicine I needed to get over the whole Sharper Image drama.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #46
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Look, the reason the Raiders traded Phillip Buchanon was because he simply did not play well for them. Forget about the mental issue but if Buchanon played well last year they wouldn't have traded for him. I like this trade based on Buchanon's potential and because in a weak draft class this year we can afford to trade a 2nd and a 3rd. I mentioned earlier on this thread that there is no guarantee that these 2nd and 3rd rounders will become viable starters for us. So in those terms I like this trade. But at the same time I realize that the Texans better be sure about Buchanon because he was not good last year. But I trust in Charley Casserly and our scouting department and hopefully they will turn Buchanon's career around.
Old 04-20-2005   #47
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think for the time being you will see Dunta and Glenn as #1 and #2 and Buch as #3 on nickels.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2005   #48
Gilly
Rookie

the more I ponder this trade the more I like it. Now we need Barron at 13.

DR, Faggins, Buhcannon, and Glen, I like it. 3 young guys and a classy vet to teach them, its hard to go wrong.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #49
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly
the more I ponder this trade the more I like it. Now we need Barron at 13.

DR, Faggins, Buhcannon, and Glen, I like it. 3 young guys and a classy vet to teach them, its hard to go wrong.
u know what, i really dont mind picking Barron anymore, now that we have PB , however i wish we could just trade down.
Old 04-20-2005   #50
tiger06
Veteran

Unless a guy like Benson, Ware, or Merriman falls to us at 13, I like the idea of trading down and gaining the 2nd round pick we lost. We could then use our later 1st rounder to get a WR like Clayton or White or an OL like Baas.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #51
wiley2002
Veteran

Barron or Baas. What's it matter anymore? Make these picks count! :woot
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #52
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

The point remains that Barron isn't an impact guy and we could use impact guys at WR and OLB, but this is draft talk in the Bull Pen, so I digress and strongly recommend you take all draft talk to the 2005 NFL Draft forum...

So with Buchanon in the fold, what does everyone think the over/under is on Glenn's remaining years here? I'm almost positive he'll be starting here this year, but what if Buchanon shows well next season? Would we ask Glenn to restructure, cut him, trade him, or reduce his role here? I like Glenn a lot since we're from the same area, so I'd love to see him retire here...
Old 04-20-2005   #53
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The environment here will be much better than what it was in Oakland. Going through that disastrous year in 2003 would have tested anyone's patience. Players were calling out coaches. Then Norv comes in with a new staff. That place has been a disaster since Gruden left.

Here, he comes into a more stable situation with people he knows - AJ is a close friend from what I've heard. Hoke knows him. He's always had a lot of upside but I don't think he's had the structure or system around him in the NFL the last two years to maximize his potential - and minimize the selfish part. He's also three years older and maybe he's at that age where he can start to figure it out. He was a young pup of 21 when he went to Oakland. He's only 3 months older than Gaffney.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #54
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Too bad you guys didnt still have Sharper , i wouldnt mind taking him, but like Tiger said both teams fans think they got the better. IMO both teams did great , PB is still 24 and cheap , Raiders need some draft picks to draft the massive shortage at LBs... im sorry i came off as a troll yesterday, i wish the Texans good luck with him !
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #55
Enormo
Rookie

Default stick em' up and hand over your picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
So it looks like it's pretty much a concensus: Texans fans like the trade, but Titan and Raider fans don't ...I like that...If we can keep his attitude in check, then we may have gotten a steal...
Of course both Raider and Texan fans are going to have opinions. But take a look at the posts from other teams' fans in the first thread... especially the AFC West Teams that watch the Raiders all season. Buchanon for a 2nd and a 3rd is highway robbery.

Who knows, maybe your front office saw something in him that the Raiders didn't. Maybe they will know how to use him. It happens. Look at Steve Foley after he came to the Chargers. He's been a monster for us. But don't base your optimism on his past play. It stunk. It stunk so much that Buchanon was fodder for the Chargers' foums whenever the Gayders came to town.

And, yes, I am biased... against the Raiders. I would love to say that they got the shaft. Nothing would please me more. But a 2nd and a 3rd in a draft that may not be great in star quality but has plenty of depth... man, that just seems exhorbitant.
Enormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #56
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have dedicated scouts that just scout the pro game. Most of us are not going to worry what a bunch of net-fans think. We should be fine.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #57
Enormo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
Unless a guy like Benson, Ware, or Merriman falls to us at 13, I like the idea of trading down and gaining the 2nd round pick we lost. We could then use our later 1st rounder to get a WR like Clayton or White or an OL like Baas.
I'm not up to date on your need situation but I think this would be your best move... if available.

Between Dallas and us I think it would be a real gamble to hope for one of those two guys.
Old 04-20-2005   #58
Enormo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The Texans have dedicated scouts that just scout the pro game. Most of us are not going to worry what a bunch of net-fans think. We should be fine.
Yeah but the Raiders' had scouts too. Plus a whole coaching staff evaluating multiple seasons of play.
Old 04-20-2005   #59
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormo
Yeah but the Raiders' had scouts too. Plus a whole coaching staff evaluating multiple seasons of play.
I kinda assumed as much. My point is I'm not going to worry about all the derog net quotes from anonymous fans who range from 14 year olds to people who may or may not know what they are looking at when they watch a football game. Casserly likes to take extra picks like this extra Henson 3rd and package for players or picks. He stated that we would not find a player ready to play like Buchannon in the 2nd round. Mission accomplished, Buchannon is our 2nd round pick now. We will just have to wait for rounds 1 and 3 on Saturday.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #60
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormo
Of course both Raider and Texan fans are going to have opinions. But take a look at the posts from other teams' fans in the first thread... especially the AFC West Teams that watch the Raiders all season. Buchanon for a 2nd and a 3rd is highway robbery.
I guess you didn't know that there is a 50% chance that a 2nd round pick will ever become a starter and a 30% chance that a 3rd rounder will ever become a starter...The Redskins were thinking about giving up the 9th overall for Buchanon and the 38th overall, so based on that, we got a steal...Is there going to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder that has the measurables that Buchanon has? Of course not...This is a weak draft, and I couldn't care less about our 2nd round pick and our second 3rd round pick...He is a proven game breaker, like it or not...But ummm, yeah, we got got raped in this deal ...Get real dude...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read