Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-19-2004   #41
MoBlack
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to MoBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Talk about biased MOBLACK.......you sound like you just flat out hate Manning. Barry Sanders never won a Super Bowl or even went to one for that matter so does that make Antoine Smith a better running back? You make it sound like you can't be a great football player if you've never been to the big game.

Barry Sanders clearly never had a squad around him dude

All I have to say is that if you think Manning isn't a HOL calibur QB, your not too astute. Brady is excellent, but is a system QB. He is in the perfect place for his talents. Both Mcnair and Manning would be successful anywhere imo. I would take Manning because of Mcnair's lack of durability, but it isn't as if one is pure gold, and the other tinfoil. When you make arguments like that, and mix in obvious racial bias, you're asking for people to simply ignore you as an ignorant fool. Gee, I think I will.

hey if you can't except the facts thats your problem. anyone with common sense knows thats how some of these votes are. be real about it. if manning was a black QB some writer the same night would be saying see it's true they cant run an offense which as been said numerous times. look at how writers degrade Vick's style of play. he has no pocket presense this and that. ever heard of things evolving. that person said that brady is a system QB all teams have a system dude. they get the person that fits there system. cotls have a system to. they love to run the play action pass cause of manning inability to buy time with his feet.
Old 06-19-2004   #42
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning is great.

Brady is great.

McNair is great.

It depends on the team though. They can't do it alone. I think the Manning/Harrison hookup is special.

Brady is a winner. He just finds a way to get the job done.

McNair is the toughest guy in football. He plays so hard and is just fun to watch.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004   #43
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky
I would take Manning because of Mcnair's lack of durability
What lack of durability........apparently you don't watch to much football
B.Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004   #44
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Manning is great.

Brady is great.

McNair is great.

It depends on the team though. They can't do it alone. I think the Manning/Harrison hookup is special.

Brady is a winner. He just finds a way to get the job done.

McNair is the toughest guy in football. He plays so hard and is just fun to watch.

I agree with you but we can't forget McNabb he finds a way to get to the championship game every year with cruddy recivers
B.Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004   #45
DominatorDavis
Veteran

Default Ahead of Andre Johnson

The senior writer from Sportsline.com, Pete Prisco rated the top 50 players in the NFL. Texan receiver Andre Johnson made the list beating out Jevon Kearse and Steve Hutchinson from Seattle for the 48th spot. Johnson was the last reciever on the list and is sitting pretty with some high caliber company. Some wide receivers of note chosen before AJ:

Chad Johnson #46
Terrell Owens #32
Torry Holt #29
Marvin Harrison #7
Randy Moss #6

Now of those 6 receivers (our man included) I rate them (1 through 6) as follows:

Harrision.......#1
Moss...........#2
Holt............#3
Owens........#4
A Johnson...#5
C Johnson...#6

For me it really is a toss up between Holt and Owens at 3 and 4. Holt wins because he does it without the show.

Here is the article by Prisco: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7423842
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004   #46
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson is ahead of Chad Johnson?! I don't know about that..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read