Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-20-2005   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default Draft post Buchanan

1. LB Shawne Merriman, Maryland - I have seen him slip past us in a few drafts and would be the McGuinest of our team.
3. OG Dan Buenning, Wisconsin - while he may not have the best physical skills he gets the job done and will be given time to develop up Weigert.
4. WR Mark Bradley, Oklahoma - has 4.4 speed and will become a good number 2 in the nfl.
5. DT Anthony Bryant, Alabama - our d uses big d linemen to tie up blocks and this guy (6'3" 337lbs) could tie up a small car.
6. TE Adam Bergen, Lehigh - played at Lehigh, but can block as well as catch and will be able to make the jump to the nfl.
7a. DE Will Svitek, Stanford - a big end (6'6" 300lbs) who get the job done and plays with a mean streak
7b. LB Jonathan Pollard, Oregon St - a quick ILB who will be able to make a splash on special teams
Old 04-20-2005   #2
cadahnic
All Pro

I like your assessments, but you have the wrong guys. The seventh round picks though would be freakin awsome alot of potential there. Look for us to grab Stanford Routt in the third or Fourth. Likely we are going to trade down in order to pick up more picks especially if Troy Willamson falls to us, because Philadelphia will then be willing to do the trade dance with us. So our first round pick would be late or not at all and we would have two early second rounders and possibly an extra fourth. but lets just go with what we have right now.
1. I like your pick but I dont think he slides past parcells unless DJ is available. Look for us to go Thomas Davis
3. Jerome Mathis- he is the fastest receiver in the draft and he runs better routes than Williamson
4. Stanford Routt- you can never have to many speedy corners, plus we are losing Glenn next year
5. Love this pick, this kid is an animal
6. Albert Means or Matt Kieft- Means is like Bryant but bigger think Pat Williams and Kieft is huge and could be the OL steal of the draft he is a monster
I told you I like the seventh round. I dont think we need to address TE with a real TE if we go that way we should take a guy like Brandon Jacobs or better yet Vincent Jackson. They are both H-Backs, but they block better than anyother H-back in the draft.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #3
texansalltheway
Rookie

I like your picks, solid and you can't go wrong with Merriman.

My would be:
Trade down with Jacksonville their #21 and #52 for our #13 and #151

1rd LB David Pollack, Georgia-Reminds me of Bruschi with his intensity and intelligence
2rd RB Ciatrick Fason, Florida-with all the injury problems with DD and Hollings we could use a dependable and durable back who has never missed a game due to injury
3rd WR Courtney Roby, Indiana-potential playmaker opposite AJ who works hard is known as a good locker room presense
4rd OT Rob Petitti, Pittsburgh-Stopped Dwight Freeney in college and that alone should get him drafted by us
6rd C Vince Carter, Oklahoma-Project C that has athleticsim and smarts to play in a zone blocking scheme
7rd NT Albert Means, Memphis-Would be ideal at nose tackle in a 3-4 scheme
texansalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What if we traded down and got Mark Clayton from OU?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #5
cadahnic
All Pro

dont like getting a WR for first round money, espcially when there are ones that will have great careers in the second and third. JEROME MATHIS!!!
Old 04-20-2005   #6
texansalltheway
Rookie

Your right Mathis is a good prospect but he will probably go high 2rd. If you want a reciever in the third look at Roby, Terence Murphy, Texas A&M; Vincent Jackson, Northern Colorado; Chris Henry, West Virginia; or Roydell Williams, Tulane
texansalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #7
cadahnic
All Pro

Texan you are right on the money. Terrance murphy is a guy that came to A&M when I was transferring but he is a stud, Vincent Jackson is awsome, but I would want him at H-back and teach him to block cause Jopporu is worthless.
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2005   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling we will trade down because I seriously think CC believes there is no star level player in the top of the draft. He has mentioned this last week in the Chronicle and on FOX 26 Sports Extra Sunday that he doesn't believe that are any star level players in the top of the draft. It might be a bluff but it is more likely now that we trade down rather than trade up. But this is all just speculation....
Old 04-20-2005   #9
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

if we did the trade with phily then we could possibly still get matt jones
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #10
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
if we did the trade with phily then we could possibly still get matt jones
I would take Bass at #31 and wait till 3rd to get WR if we did that trade.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #11
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

if we do a what if philly trades with us.
#31 Baas
#35 Brown
#78 DL maybe Castillo or an end

we could also do
#31 Burnett
#35 Baas
#78 Murphy or other WR

we could also do
#31 Jones
#35 Baas
#78 DL
it can go almost any way if we do choose to go that route. I am sure there are 4-5 more teams that would love to move up to 13. and we could do a multiple trade down.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #12
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by royce1054
if we do a what if philly trades with us.
#31 Baas
#35 Brown
#78 DL maybe Castillo or an end

we could also do
#31 Burnett
#35 Baas
#78 Murphy or other WR

we could also do
#31 Jones
#35 Baas
#78 DL
it can go almost any way if we do choose to go that route. I am sure there are 4-5 more teams that would love to move up to 13. and we could do a multiple trade down.
I like the second one myself except I'd take Mathis that guy is gonna be a player.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #13
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

If we trade down and get Burnett, that would be sweet...He's fast and is a good cover LB...I think he'd be a good Mac LB here...
Old 04-20-2005   #14
Bayern
Veteran

Wait are you suggesting we acquire both 1st rounders from Philly for our number 13? Daaaaaaaaamn.... that would be amazing. Baas and Jones... please god get these two.

Jones especially, that guy is gonna take over a position in the nfl one way or another.
Bayern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #15
royce1054
All Pro

if you do the math it does add up. Its just a what if... i have heard that Philly does want to trade up because they feel they are 1 player from being "the Team" So i think they will either try to trade 3-4 players to move up into top 5. or try and do 2 to get to 13. I know they have said they like Mike Williams but i think they will be outbid by the Vikings. My opinion. Unless Miami decides to undercut cleveland and do the trade with Philly instead of doing one with Tampa which i am hearing is also a probablity.
I do however feel that this trade has things that have to happen for this trade to happen. Williams as we all know wont be there at #13 or we would take him. We just have to hope that they want Williamson or Clayton.
A. 49ers take QB
B. Miami would have to take Brown or trade to a team that wont draft a WR.
C. Cleveland would either take Johnson, Merriman or trade to Minnesota or another team that either will take Williams.
D. hope the Lions dont try and trade the pick to them.
E. Finally Philly really will settle for Williamson or Clayton the most important.

any of these could and might happen and would destroy that whole deal. Obcourse it is a what if.
Old 04-20-2005   #16
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

The #35 isnt a first rounder, its a second rounder. If we did do that,Matt Jones at 31 followed by Baas at 35.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #17
royce1054
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayern
Wait are you suggesting we acquire both 1st rounders from Philly for our number 13? Daaaaaaaaamn.... that would be amazing. Baas and Jones... please god get these two.

Jones especially, that guy is gonna take over a position in the nfl one way or another.
lets not get to hyped on this guy. He could be a Star or a busts but like i said plenty of things have to happen for that trade to happen. I seriously think Seattle trying to get a RB, or KC trying to get Pac-man, maybe STL trying to get Barron are more likely ways though. We would just get more from Philly bc of their draft position thats why it get talked about more
Old 04-20-2005   #18
wiley2002
Veteran

I'd be happy to trade down and get Baas. We do need some serious depth at the center position. Hope we can get some decent picks if we do.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #19
cadahnic
All Pro

you all are forgetting that they would have to give us another pick in order to give us the right value. Their first and high second is not enough. to move up 17 spots.
Old 04-20-2005   #20
royce1054
All Pro

#13 would be 1150

#31 would be 600
#35 would be 550

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/staticp...50112085020401

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read