Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-27-2011   #1
MFG16
Veteran

Rep Power: 301 MFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foster Nominated For 3 ESPY Awards

Link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7629410.html

Award Categories:

Best NFL Player
Best Breakthrough Athlete
NFL Strongest Performance

IMO, I think he wins breakthrough athlete, and maybe strongest performance.
MFG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011   #2
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline
Default Re: Foster Nominated For 3 ESPY Awards

In my opinion he should win Best Breakthrough Athlete. Going from a nobody to the NFL leading rusher in a year says it all.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #3
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
In my opinion he should win Best Breakthrough Athlete. Going from a nobody to the NFL leading rusher in a year says it all.
Yep, that one should be a nobrainer.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Before jumping to conclusions on these, take a look at the nominee's for each award.

Best Breakthrough Athlete:
Jose Bautista - Toronto Blue Jays - MLB
Arian Foster - Houston Texans - NFL
Blake Griffin - LA Clippers - NBA
Li Na - Some Tennis chick
Cam Newton - Auburn - NCAAF

NFL Strongest Performance:
Arian Foster - Game 1 Performance against Indy - 231 yards and 3 TDs
Deangelo Hall - NFL Record tying 4 INTs in one game against the Bears - Returned one 92 yards for a TD
Leon Washington - Returned two kicks for TDs in a game against the Chargers - 101 and 99 yards

Best NFL Player:
Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Clay Matthews Jr.
Troy Polamalu
Aaron Rodgers

That took me all of 8 minutes to find. I should have John McClain's job.
Old 06-28-2011   #5
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Before jumping to conclusions on these, take a look at the nominee's for each award.

Best Breakthrough Athlete:
Jose Bautista - Toronto Blue Jays - MLB
Arian Foster - Houston Texans - NFL
Blake Griffin - LA Clippers - NBA
Li Na - Some Tennis chick
Cam Newton - Auburn - NCAAF

NFL Strongest Performance:
Arian Foster - Game 1 Performance against Indy - 231 yards and 3 TDs
Deangelo Hall - NFL Record tying 4 INTs in one game against the Bears - Returned one 92 yards for a TD
Leon Washington - Returned two kicks for TDs in a game against the Chargers - 101 and 99 yards

Best NFL Player:
Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Clay Matthews Jr.
Troy Polamalu
Aaron Rodgers

That took me all of 8 minutes to find. I should have John McClain's job.
I think you should too, DR. I'd read what you wrote every day and wouldn't call Dutchgobbler or anything, I promise.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #6
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Blake Griffin will most likely win Breakthrough athlete. I think Arian's best shot is at strongest performance because of the competition.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #7
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian should win breakthrough athlete. He went from undrafted role-filler to record breaker overnight.

DeAngelo Hall is a good contender for his performance, but Foster trampled a perennial winner like the Colts in a way that no one else has. He should win that one as well.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2011   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Why wouldn't any one of aaron rodgers playoff games be on there for strongest performances, or even Tim Lincecum's pitching performances of the 2010 baseball playoffs? That's a really weak class of "strongest performances" if you ask me.
Old 06-28-2011   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Arian should take breakthrough and strongest performance.

I don't know how many categories Blake is up for, but if this is his only one he'll probably win it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Why wouldn't any one of aaron rodgers playoff games be on there for strongest performances, or even Tim Lincecum's pitching performances of the 2010 baseball playoffs? That's a really weak class of "strongest performances" if you ask me.
It's NFL performances only. I agree Aaron Rodgers against the Falcons should be up there. 31/36 ATT, 366 YDS, 3 TD passing, 1 TD rushing.
Old 06-28-2011   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just an innocent question not meant to bash the watchers, but do you guys watch the ESPY's? I suppose I would if there wasn't a game on somewhere. I tried to get interested once but it didn't happen.
Old 06-28-2011   #12
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Just an innocent question not meant to bash the watchers, but do you guys watch the ESPY's? I suppose I would if there wasn't a game on somewhere. I tried to get interested once but it didn't happen.
Only reason it's worth a watch is because of the fact that it's the day after the MLB All-Star game. The WORST day in sports is the day after the MLB ASG.
Old 06-28-2011   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Only reason it's worth a watch is because of the fact that it's the day after the MLB All-Star game. The WORST day in sports is the day after the MLB ASG.
You have a point there. This could be the year I watch...lol.
Old 06-29-2011   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Blake Griffin didn't break through shit. He was the #1 pick overall and did exactly what everyone ranted on and on about him doing. Jumping and dunking. Amazing, I suppose.

Remember that guy that didn't get drafted out of Tennefrigginssee and barely got a spot and then one day everyone in the whole nation knew who he was? Yeah. That practically defines breakthrough athlete.

I might lean towards a 4 int game if I weren't a Houston fan......but I am. So he wins that toohahaha....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Blake Griffin didn't break through shit. He was the #1 pick overall and did exactly what everyone ranted on and on about him doing. Jumping and dunking. Amazing, I suppose.

Remember that guy that didn't get drafted out of Tennefrigginssee and barely got a spot and then one day everyone in the whole nation knew who he was? Yeah. That practically defines breakthrough athlete.

I might lean towards a 4 int game if I weren't a Houston fan......but I am. So he wins that toohahaha....
Blake had to overcome a pretty bad injury that left him sidelined his real rookie year. I think his breakthrough is how well he recovered from that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn breakthrough athlete is tough. Jose Bautista goes from never hitting more than 15 HRs in a season to hitting over 50 last year. That's pretty impressive.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Damn breakthrough athlete is tough. Jose Bautista goes from never hitting more than 15 HRs in a season to hitting over 50 last year. That's pretty impressive.
Did he gain 25 pounds of muscle in the offseason?
Old 06-29-2011   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
He got amazingly good advice from then-teammate Vernon Wells. Wells noticed his timing was horribly late so one day he told Bautista to swing "ridiculously early." He did, ball gone, touch 'em all.

My source? JD and Bill Brown were talking about it on the Astros broadcast the other day....lol.
Old 06-29-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did his baseball cap size increase?

The first thing I think, when somebody goes from 15 HRs to 500 zillion is that they're juicing.

And I wonder if ESPY voters will think the same thing.
Old 07-01-2011   #20
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Did his baseball cap size increase?

The first thing I think, when somebody goes from 15 HRs to 500 zillion is that they're juicing.

And I wonder if ESPY voters will think the same thing.
It was creatine (sp??)

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read