Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-20-2005   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Let's say that you're Charley Casserly . . .

. . . and you are going to stick to your promise that you're going to take the BPA on your board.

San Diego has made it's pick at #12, and now you're on the clock. You look up at your big board, and you see that Pac-Man Jones is the highest rated player left on your board.

What do you do?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #2
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
. . . and you are going to stick to your promise that you're going to take the BPA on your board.

San Diego has made it's pick at #12, and now you're on the clock. You look up at your big board, and you see that Pac-Man Jones is the highest rated player left on your board.

What do you do?
I would imagine Casserly is busy moving all the corners down 15 slots on the board right about now.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

What would I do?

I would go ahead and take Pac-Man and kiss Aaron Glenn good-bye on June 1st.

Let's see now. What was Sharper's ....errr, I mean Glenn's cap hit for this year?
Old 04-20-2005   #4
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
What would I do?

Let's see now. What was Sharper's ....errr, I mean Glenn's cap hit for this year?
I seriously doubt they will cut Glenn... I think they will keep him for at least one more year so he can teach DROB and PB more.
Old 04-20-2005   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade to pickup more picks
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #6
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Well it depend on if Merriman, Ware or Spears are on the board, if they aren't I'd trade down.

This may be a little of point but does anyone else think that Casserly wears a wig?
Old 04-20-2005   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What would I do?

Glenn's cap hit of $5.12 mil this season. If cut now he would count about $3.5 mil in dead space. IMO it is unlikely they cut Glenn prior to this season because the cap savings is not significant and while the Texans feel Buchanon still has the potential to justify his original draft position, they are likely to want to see him pick up the system and new attitude before sticking him in as a starter.
Old 04-20-2005   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Trade down and pick up Matt Jones or David Baas late in the first and think about who I want with the extra 2nd or 3rd I pick up.
Old 04-20-2005   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Give Dick Vermeil a call (assuming he hasn't acquired Patrick Surtain yet).
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #10
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

What do you do?
Take the next highest rated player.
Old 04-20-2005   #11
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Question No Need For Pac-man Now

Quote:
What would I do?
undefined

There is not need for pac-man now with the Texans just signing Phillip Buchanon from the Raiders.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #12
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

aaron glenn will be the first real texan to retire as a texan...boselli doesn't count in my book...we will only pick at the 13th pick if benson, merriman, or williamson is still there otherwise i see us trading down for clayton or pollack
Old 04-20-2005   #13
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

draft the best possible WR for depth and future use
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #14
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the Texans don't stay at 13 to pick Williamson. I haven't watched much of him, but my impression is that he's a speedster, but has questionable hands. They resigned Bradford who is the Texans legitimate deep threat with so-so hands. Do they need someone else like that?

Anyone know more about Williamson?
Old 04-20-2005   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
I know he's fast, but so is Carl Lewis.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
aaron glenn will be the first real texan to retire as a texan
I also believe this has a very good chance of happening. Glenn is from this area, he's had his big last contract and he's made it most of the way through that contract. He's getting up in years and he seems like a very smart and reasonable player. He's an original Texan from the expansion draft and I think he's going to sign another deal after this one to be a backup for a short time before probably heading for retirement.

I would not be surprised to see Glenn associated with the Texans after that in some capacity as well.

And Marcus, If I were Casserly I'd have to pass on Pac Man and go for the next best guy on the board. I just don't need him now.
Old 04-20-2005   #17
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

The philosophy since Carr has been "BPA except QB" now it would be "BPA except QB & CB." I would trade down or draft the next talent, depending on who else is available.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #18
Algebrat
Rookie

Talking

If Pac-man is still on the board at 13, there will be some strong interest from teams wanting to trade up and take him. The Texans could accept a trade, move down a handfull of spots, pick up an additional pick in the 2nd or 3rd (depending on how far down they move), and select a quality player suck as Clayton or T. Davis.

The more I hear/read about Davis, the more he grabs my attention. Wong's in his last year (and makes a ton), grooming a replacement can't hurt.
Algebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Well, it looks like a lot of people are going to wig out if CC drafts another CB.

Considering that we're in a division that plays Indianpolis twice a year, and we haven't won a game against them yet, you can't have too many cornerbacks.

And . . . would you put it past Charley to want certain people to believe that he's no longer interested in drafting one?
Old 04-20-2005   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
I hope the Texans don't stay at 13 to pick Williamson. I haven't watched much of him, but my impression is that he's a speedster, but has questionable hands. They resigned Bradford who is the Texans legitimate deep threat with so-so hands. Do they need someone else like that?

I think I recall Vinny saying Williamson won the WR compitition handily. I think he said he tore it up actually. So I think the questionable hands is a myth.

Here it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Williamson tore up the WR skills competition. He beat out Clayton and Edwards to win it and some say he dominated the event like nobody else since Javon Walker.

Last edited by Blake; 04-20-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read