Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-20-2005   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default OK - who do you think produces the most accurate Mocks ?

Because Saturday morning I'm going to print hard copies of these mocks
for future reference. Why hard copies - I wouldn't put it past some of these guys to alter their mock after the Draft - call me paranoid if you want.
I just want to see who knows what they are talking about in a Draft that is
difficult to predict - not too many "can't miss" prospects this year.
I need one of the Kiper mock right (though I think his publicity is better that his performance) ? I should also get Gosselin's mock 'cause some say he is one of the best. Who else ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #2
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I think nfldraftcountdown.com, has has picked all of our number ones and I'm pretty sure he had us moving up for Babins last year or taking him in the second.
Old 04-20-2005   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote for ourlads. You gotta remember with him though, he is projecting where guys should go based on their rankings. He doesn't try to project personalities in various front offices. He evaluates tallent very well. Not accurate on draft day but it's a pretty good barometer on who's reaching and who's not. My vote for the worst is Mell Kiper. He is a ledgend in is on mind. He hits and misses more than a cross eyed carpenter with dsylexia. I think he guesses way to much. Judges tallent pretty good though. The best ever was Bushbaum. If Bushbaum gave a guy a 9.0, you could take it to the bank. The guy was a player.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144827 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

What mock doesnt have the Texans taking Barron @ 13 ?

my vote goes to the fans .....
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #5
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 4112 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
I vote for ourlads. You gotta remember with him though, he is projecting where guys should go based on their rankings.
I really need to pull out my 2004 newsletter and see how their rankings played out.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #6
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

The most accurate last year was NFL Draft Countdown. They got the Dunta pick right, but so did others. But they had us taking Babin in round 2, though we actually traded up late 1st to get him. No one else that I know of ever had us taking Babin.

They currently have us taking Cadillac Williams.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Historically Gosselin from the Dallas Morning News has the most accurate final mock year-in, year-out.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2005   #8
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Gosselin has the most accurate draft day mocks, but Scott Wright of NFLDraftCountdown earned my respect last year when he was the only "expert" who had us taking Babin at 27...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read