Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-17-2011   #1
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why this year McNair may go after FAs

After all the negativity, which I think is mostly justified, I wanted to present my argument to refute comments like the one I have quoted below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Mcnair already stated "we aren't going to do anything crazy" so in his language that meant we'll keep the same status quo and do the same thing we have for years and be very conservative in free agency as opposed to being aggressive.
Please excuse the length of this post...but...

If you are going to judge McNair by what he has traditionally done in the past, I believe you are correct. McNair likes who he likes and seems to remain loyal to his 'people' (and in the process, giving an enormous middle-finger to a rabid, growing portion of the Texan fan base). If you allow me to play psychologist for a moment, I think I may know why he sticks too his guns for too long and why this year MAY be different.

As a business mogul and the man who snatched an NFL franchise away from LA and brought it back to Houston, I'm sure he makes his own decisions after listening to the advice of his trusted advisers. Realistically, he may have been the only guy in the room that truly believed that Houston was going to land the NFL team. As I remember, that deal was done except for the stadium. I didn't think we were going to get that team. The rest of his employees on this project were probably thinking "The old man's finally lost it...but he signs my checks, and I have to kiss his ass." And guess what? He was right when every one thought he was wrong because he kept going when others would have quit. He got to be an owner based on that "never say die" mentality and it seems as though this philosophy permeates through every level of the Texans. He wants to prove everyone wrong and be the smartest guy in the room. I don't agree with it, but a lot of people in his position [entrepreneurs who are multi-millionaires/billionaires] do.

Having said that; there is no guarantee that he hasn't changed his mind about 'not doing anything crazy.' What if he is going after FAs, and just doesn't want to tip his hand to the rest of the league? Maybe he hasn't brought in FAs for the last couple years because he knew the team wasn't close to being competitive so he would rather build through the draft? Maybe he doesn't want to get stuck in salary cap hell like we were during the Charlie "Babin-Joppru-Boselli-Carr Extension" Casserly era. Can you blame him?

I think that last year, Kubiak (and his line long line of crappy defensive coaches) believed they didn't need any defensive help because...they don't know anything about defense. In addition to that, they put too much stock in the defensive turn around with the arrival of Frank Bush as DC and didn't take into account how injury free they were on defense. Kubiak thought that his offense would pick up the slack, so they tried to make themselves look good and told McNair they didn't need FAs. They expected to cruise by on their offense, but they were horribly, horribly wrong.

After an entire year of getting reamed on defense in the most manical, publicly humiliating episodes of recent memory, McNair has had enough of the gladhanding by Kubiak and goes out and hires someone on defense that knows defense. Wade, by all accounts, has total control of this team's defense, and to no surprise, they drafted a shitload of defensive players. I would not be shocked if Bob didn't give Wade FA secondary help if he asked for it, especially if that would mean their defense would be capable of stopping teams when it mattered most.

I'm sure McNair sees the games, just like we do, and knows that this team has heart, but clearly doesn't know how to play defense. If I had to guess, I would say the majority of the posters and readers of this board get so frustrated because they have the talent, but they just can't put it together.

I know I'm being optimistic, but I don't see how to approach this team any other way. As much as we can rely on the past as an indicator of the future, we will not be for sure that McNair will take a 'same-old, same-old' approach until FA starts.

[Note: I have taken a great deal of these ideas from different sources (posts on this board, Texan blogs, NFL websites, etc.), so if I used your argument, feel free to take credit for it.]
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why this year McNair may go after FAs

one can only hope.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts:

-Forget the past, Wade has brought a refreshing approach and a level of confidence to the entire building on Kirby (as Kubes would say). He actually has more leverage than we may even realize. He's 60 something and could walk away from the Texans Alex Gibbs-style any time now. When Wade makes noise in that building, they listen and act.

-This is me totally guessing - but my gut tells me once Wade was hired and really sunk his teeth into 2010 Texans defensive tape, he let them have it. The proof? 7 out of 8 draft picks were defense.

-Wade has never coached a secondary as young as this one. And I don't think he plans on coaching a secondary as young as this one, especially at age 60+ when he's trying to win another Super Bowl, not baby sit a developing secondary. The corner population in free agency is ripe, from superstars in their prime like Nnamdi, to vets a little more past their prime but still wise like Ike Taylor. Hell, I could see us adding 2 CBs in free agency.

Summary: What Wade wants Wade will get. Without him, the current Texans regime doesn't have a leg to stand on other than their year after year track record of coming up short.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a counterpoint piece that tends to somewhat tether one's enthusiasm.

06/17/2011
Wade "Mr. Fix It" Phillips + the Houston Texans = A Love Affair of Mediocrity

Almost pity the Houston Texans fans. Team has been around since 2002 and its best win was its first regular-season game ever. They have had one winning season. How Gary Kubiak still has his job is a testament to being a decent guy.

Treating people well buys you time. I'm guessing that Kubiak's persona helps offset his 37-43 record with the Texans. I've only talked to him once, and he was polite, professional and boring. But how else to explain his longevity?

There may not be a better breathing example of how far being a decent guy can get you than Kubiak's new defensive coordinator. Never has there been a more genial, avuncular coach than Wade Phillips. People want this guy to succeed because he's a nice, pleasant man to be around in an environment that is frequently over-loaded with self-important, pompous dudes who really do believe they are trying to win WWIII.

Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle chatted with Phillips about Wade's attempt to build the Texans' D into something more than a bad joke.

Never have I met a man in my career of covering sports who appeared to abhor confrontation more than Wade. It just wasn't in him to be mean. Not to players. Not to his assistants. Not even to a media dork like me.

A former Wade assistant from his previous head coaching days prior to the Cowboys told me after he had been dismissed from the staff that it was Wade's fingerprints all over the firing. But he didn't deliver the news face to face. And when the two saw each other at an NFL meeting months later, Wade looked away and wouldn't talk to the guy.

Another example had Wade bad mouthing a reporter behind his back, only he didn't realize the reporter could hear him. Once Wade realized he was "busted", he said he was talking about someone else.

Maybe he is a wonderful defensive coordinator. God knows he has the stats memorized to support his case. Seriously. When it comes to his own defensive stats, Wade is like Bill James.

But what does Wade win?

You decide for yourself ....

Yr Team Position Rec. Playoffs
1981 Saints DC 4-12 none
1982 Saints DC 4-5 none
1983 Saints DC 8-8 none
1984 Saints DC 7-9 none
*1985 Saints DC 5-11 none
1986 Eagles DC 5-10-1 none
1987 Eagles DC 7-8 none
1988 Eagles DC 10-6 0-1
1989 Denv DC 11-5 2-1
1990 Denv DC 5-11 none
1991 Denv DC 12-4 1-1
1992 Denv DC 8-8 none
1993 Denv DC 9-7 0-1
1994 Denv head coach 7-9 none
1995 Bills DC 10-6 1-1
1996 Bills DC 10-6 0-1
1997 Bills DC 6-10 none
1998 Bills head coach 10-6 0-1
1999 Bills head coach 11-5 0-1
2000 Bills head coach 8-8 none
2002 Atl DC 9-6-1 1-1
#2003 Atl DC 5-11 none
2004 SD DC 12-4 0-1
2005 SD DC 9-7 none
2006 SD DC 14-2 0-1
2007 Dal head coach 13-3 0-1
2008 Dal head coach 9-7 none
2009 Dal head coach 11-5 1-1
^2010 Dal head coach 1-7 none

*1-3 as interim head coach
# 2-1 as interim head coach
^ Fired after eighth game

Keep in mind, though, that football is a 2-headed game........defense AND OFFENSE.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #5
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

A point well taken...but I still don't see a correlation between having to be a confrontational person in order to be successful as a DC. I could be off-base but it appears that this article seems to be taking more of an issue with his personal character and his head coaching prowess, rather than can he fix a defense with some talent in place.

And to those stats, I would ask what were the offenses of those teams like? Were they as good as the Texans offense? I would also point to Wade's excellent track record when it comes to his first year working with a defense. I'm not saying that he couldn't end up being a huge mistake, and a big bust as DC, but his previous DC positions say otherwise.

Once again, being a lifelong Houston sports fan has given me "battered housewife" syndrome, so I could completely be drinking the kool-aid so to speak.
Old 06-17-2011   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

What color is the koolaid this yr?

Lolipops and rainbows world you live in must be great.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

If a high dollar free agent then great but until one or two free agents are signed I reserve the right to get excited.
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2011   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Due to teh lockout I don't think we are going after any f/a if anything we will resign the players that we have and maybe give new deals to our players to

So I'm pretty sure we will resign leech and whoever else is a free agent on our team
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
After all the negativity, which I think is mostly justified, I wanted to present my argument to refute comments like the one I have quoted below:

Please excuse the length of this post...but...

If you are going to judge McNair by what he has traditionally done in the past, I believe you are correct. McNair likes who he likes and seems to remain loyal to his 'people' (and in the process, giving an enormous middle-finger to a rabid, growing portion of the Texan fan base). If you allow me to play psychologist for a moment, I think I may know why he sticks too his guns for too long and why this year MAY be different.

As a business mogul and the man who snatched an NFL franchise away from LA and brought it back to Houston, I'm sure he makes his own decisions after listening to the advice of his trusted advisers. Realistically, he may have been the only guy in the room that truly believed that Houston was going to land the NFL team. As I remember, that deal was done except for the stadium. I didn't think we were going to get that team. The rest of his employees on this project were probably thinking "The old man's finally lost it...but he signs my checks, and I have to kiss his ass." And guess what? He was right when every one thought he was wrong because he kept going when others would have quit. He got to be an owner based on that "never say die" mentality and it seems as though this philosophy permeates through every level of the Texans. He wants to prove everyone wrong and be the smartest guy in the room. I don't agree with it, but a lot of people in his position [entrepreneurs who are multi-millionaires/billionaires] do.

Having said that; there is no guarantee that he hasn't changed his mind about 'not doing anything crazy.' What if he is going after FAs, and just doesn't want to tip his hand to the rest of the league? Maybe he hasn't brought in FAs for the last couple years because he knew the team wasn't close to being competitive so he would rather build through the draft? Maybe he doesn't want to get stuck in salary cap hell like we were during the Charlie "Babin-Joppru-Boselli-Carr Extension" Casserly era. Can you blame him?

I think that last year, Kubiak (and his line long line of crappy defensive coaches) believed they didn't need any defensive help because...they don't know anything about defense. In addition to that, they put too much stock in the defensive turn around with the arrival of Frank Bush as DC and didn't take into account how injury free they were on defense. Kubiak thought that his offense would pick up the slack, so they tried to make themselves look good and told McNair they didn't need FAs. They expected to cruise by on their offense, but they were horribly, horribly wrong.

After an entire year of getting reamed on defense in the most manical, publicly humiliating episodes of recent memory, McNair has had enough of the gladhanding by Kubiak and goes out and hires someone on defense that knows defense. Wade, by all accounts, has total control of this team's defense, and to no surprise, they drafted a shitload of defensive players. I would not be shocked if Bob didn't give Wade FA secondary help if he asked for it, especially if that would mean their defense would be capable of stopping teams when it mattered most.

I'm sure McNair sees the games, just like we do, and knows that this team has heart, but clearly doesn't know how to play defense. If I had to guess, I would say the majority of the posters and readers of this board get so frustrated because they have the talent, but they just can't put it together.

I know I'm being optimistic, but I don't see how to approach this team any other way. As much as we can rely on the past as an indicator of the future, we will not be for sure that McNair will take a 'same-old, same-old' approach until FA starts.

[Note: I have taken a great deal of these ideas from different sources (posts on this board, Texan blogs, NFL websites, etc.), so if I used your argument, feel free to take credit for it.]
I can appreciate you taking the time to write out this thought out post, but I think this is wishful thinking more than anything. I've seen similar posts such as these for the last two off seasons, and Mcnair hasn't done it then either. I see no reason to believe that Mcnair will change anything until a new regime is brought in where there is a new HC and GM that brings an entirely different philosophy that they are very firm about. Bob seems like he listens to what his management tells him to a fault and when I haven't seen any changes at all in the last 5 years with Smithiak to me it seems foolish to expect anything different at this stage.

Wade being here doesn't change anything from my perspective either. He isn't an over bearing coach like other coaches around the league where he'll demand things from owners and create expectations from them that he'll hold them accountable for. He's nice, he's sweet, and he goes with the flow. That's exactly why Jerry hired him after having to deal with Parcells. He was the opposite of Parcells and is a total "yes man."

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
Having said that; there is no guarantee that he hasn't changed his mind about 'not doing anything crazy.' What if he is going after FAs, and just doesn't want to tip his hand to the rest of the league?
And again what has Mcnair ever done in the past to make you think that he's going to all of a sudden be this witty guy on the draw that has all these secret plans to execute while he fools the rest of the league. You keep saying that history is thrown out of the equation for some reason because Wade got hired, but how do you throw out history?? That's what gives us facts and data that give us indications on what to expect.

Personally with Smithiak still here and Wade here now, I'd think the complete opposite of what you're suggesting. I think your reasoning for believing this will happen is about the same as expecting it to snow in Houston this summer. It could happen of course, but I've spent to many summers my entire life in Houston with scorching heat and humidity than to expect that it might all of a sudden snow this year in the summer time just like I've seen 5 straight years of this regime have a build through the draft philosophy and pass on all types of players that could fill holes. Sure I might want that to happen for it to snow, but there is nothing in the weather reports that tells me it might, nor has it ever happened in history, so my expectations are that it won't snow just like Mcnair isn't going to sign Aso which is exactly what this team needs. We have horrible CB's, horrible safeties. Aso is a no brainer, and there is no excuse for a team like the Texans not to be the most aggressive team out there in signing this guy. Having a lock down corner like Aso can change your defense drastically. If he doesn't sign Aso this off season I don't see any reason to expect him to ever go after a top player like that until another regime comes in with a strong minded coach like a Cowher/Parcells/Ryans type that will push and push him to do it to get better. I don't think Rick Smith or Kubiak has that kind of effect on Mcnair.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it's Kubiak per-say. I think the problem is Rick Smith.

I've been wanting to know for several years now who was the moron who insisted on passing up SERIOUS help in the secondary to spend a #10 overall pick on Okoye (besides Mario, for whom it doesn't matter if he can't evaluate talent to save his life)....and it was Smith.

The same Smith who is only here because he is Kubiak's buddy/boss/follower. The same Smith who is an ex-CB and still doesn't understand why having the youngest secondary in the NFL is......wait for it.......MORONIC. Same Smith who ticked off Robinson, not that he was that great in coverage, but look where we've been without him. Same Smith who Ahman Green is now complaining about and that Marcus Coleman is backing Green up on. That's how I finally found out who made Okoye's pick. That's the moron. That moron is probably why we don't do squat in free agency.

So, why doesn't McNair go after FAs?

Answer: good FAs don't want to put up with RICK SMITH.

Mr. McNair, we know that you have a very hard time choosing a good GM, but please don't let your HC do it. Five years earlier, you didn't think Kubiak was ready to be a HC (and he wasn't), but then he's ready to choose his own GM?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #11
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

NO, FA look to be on winning teams with a SB chance. So far it hasn't been the texans. .....But, we are gaining respect around the league. Will it be this year? I wish I could say for sure, we will just have to have the patience to wait and see.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Steelers FA pick up = Farrior.

Packers FA pickup = Woodson

What impact FA have the Texans made and dont give me A.Smith/W.Smith
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
My thoughts:

-Forget the past, Wade has brought a refreshing approach and a level of confidence to the entire building on Kirby (as Kubes would say). He actually has more leverage than we may even realize. He's 60 something and could walk away from the Texans Alex Gibbs-style any time now. When Wade makes noise in that building, they listen and act.

-This is me totally guessing - but my gut tells me once Wade was hired and really sunk his teeth into 2010 Texans defensive tape, he let them have it. The proof? 7 out of 8 draft picks were defense.

-Wade has never coached a secondary as young as this one. And I don't think he plans on coaching a secondary as young as this one, especially at age 60+ when he's trying to win another Super Bowl, not baby sit a developing secondary. The corner population in free agency is ripe, from superstars in their prime like Nnamdi, to vets a little more past their prime but still wise like Ike Taylor. Hell, I could see us adding 2 CBs in free agency.

Summary: What Wade wants Wade will get. Without him, the current Texans regime doesn't have a leg to stand on other than their year after year track record of coming up short.
My concern is Wade will want to show he can "git 'er done" with what he has to show how he still has the "it" factor. I don't see playoffs with defense on roster today.
Old 06-18-2011   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, I may win the lottery tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2011   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Hey, I may win the lottery tomorrow.
Then you buy the Texans and I'll "spend" your money.ahhaha:
Old 06-18-2011   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Then you buy the Texans and I'll "spend" your money.ahhaha:
I'll buy the Texans and then sign ASO and Cromartie and then the secondary would be fixed.
Old 06-18-2011   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I'll buy the Texans and then sign ASO and Cromartie and then the secondary would be fixed.
Gary you are my new best friend forever. Uh, make sure you give Leach a raise and bring him on back.
Old 06-18-2011   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Gary you are my new best friend forever. Uh, make sure you give Leach a raise and bring him on back.
Sure. Then Kubiak and Smith will be allowed to tag for one more season in a put up or shut up manner.
Old 06-20-2011   #19
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
What color is the koolaid this yr?

Lolipops and rainbows world you live in must be great.
I don't know, but as long as I'm mixing it with alcohol on sundays, it seems to go down smoothly.
Old 06-20-2011   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

To be fair last year

the only big name Free agent the packers signed was Aaron Kampman from the jags everyone else they resigned was already on there team
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read