Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-17-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Saints' New Stain Removal Product: Bush-Be-Gone

Here's the entire read: The New Orleans Saints will allow Reggie Bush to talk to other teams, according to a published report

Quote:
The New Orleans Saints gave running back Reggie Bush(notes) permission in February to talk to other teams and gauge his value as the franchise and Bush tried to work out a restructured contract, according to three NFL sources.

Bush and agent Joel Segal were told that a number of teams would be interested in paying him handsomely, or at least more than the Saints have apparently been willing to offer at this point. That is one of the reasons that Bush has made contradictory statements about his future in New Orleans and didnít participate in offseason workouts with Saints players. The expectation from Bush, according to the sources, is that he will be playing for another team next season.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saints' New Stain Removal Product: Bush-Be-Gone

Seahawks fo sho.
Old 06-17-2011   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We should sign Bush and Vince Young just for kicks. j/k!
Old 06-17-2011   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Damn it DB, I was just about to say that.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush still is under the delusion that he is a top 3 first round pick. He will pull the wool over some other team's eyes and fleece them good.
Old 06-17-2011   #6
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Warren Sapp said on the NFLNet that Bush was nothing more than a "hood ornament". I think he pretty much nailed it.
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 144801 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I want Bush at CB, Young at SS, and Mario at OLB for just one play.
Old 06-17-2011   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I want Bush at CB, Young at SS, and Mario at OLB for just one play.
It would take only 1 play for Bush and Young to further embarass themselves.
Old 06-17-2011   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It would take only 1 play for Bush and Young to further embarass themselves.
Hard to imagine they could do even more to embarrass themselves, but if anyone can, I have full confidence they can rise to that standard.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #10
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43675 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bush still is under the delusion that he is a top 3 first round pick.
I'm wondering what's giving you this impression?

He's said, multiple times, that he knows he's not worth the contract and money he's due to earn this year and he fully expects to re-negotiate.

He knows his productivity isn't Top 3 pick quality.

It will come down to how much the Saints are willing to pay and whether or not someone will pay more.

It's not going to break my heart if he's not a Saint - but the dude isn't under any Top 3 delusions. Everything he's said, every report I've read indicates that. What's a top 3 pick earn? What's their contract? I'm willing to bet wherever he ends up - whether in NO or elsewhere - it won't be for Top 3 money. And he'll understand that.
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post

He's said, multiple times, that he knows he's not worth the contract and money he's due to earn this year and he fully expects to re-negotiate.

It will come down to how much the Saints are willing to pay and whether or not someone will pay more.

It's not going to break my heart if he's not a Saint - but the dude isn't under any Top 3 delusions. Everything he's said, every report I've read indicates that. What's a top 3 pick earn? What's their contract? I'm willing to bet wherever he ends up - whether in NO or elsewhere - it won't be for Top 3 money. And he'll understand that.
Bush has no alternative but saying he is willing to renegotiate, seeing that his replacement was the 28th pick of the Draft (Ingram). He was not aware of how unhappy the Saints were with him until the pick was made. While he supposedly "renegotiates" with the Saints, he will be selling an unrealistic "pipe dream" to some other hopeful overpaying team. In the end, I expect a clueless him to hitch up with a clueless team. The money in the contract will be a reflection of how clueless each party is. If he falls short of his expectations, it won't be because he has accurately assessed his own worth.
Old 06-18-2011   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post

Yeah, I agree with this. I think a lot of people in here want to be venemous against the guy all because of the draft because the Texans got bashed for not picking him. I just wonder how many years have to go by so people can let go of that and move on.

Bush hasn't indicated from anywhere that I've read that he thinks he's some top back or some top 3 type of pick. I'm sure he is not retarded and realizes that his stats aren't anywhere close to that, but he's not going to shoot himself in the foot publicly and admit that he's just been an average back at best.

As far as his production in the future, I think he could still be a great KR/PR and Faulk in NE type of back. Nothing special, but he could have his role set on a certain team. As far as NO, they have enough guys now to where Bush simply isn't needed or worth any investment at this point.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He can be great in a dual backfield.

He can't be the every-down back, but he is deadly in space. I think he should be used in a 2-RB set AND as a kickoff and punt returner role. He won't command RB 1 money, but he should still do OK. Wouldn't be surprised if Jerry Jones gives that guy a serious look.

Mario Williams - 1

Reggie Bush - 2

VY - 3

I think all things considered, the draft order actually turned out to be an accurate depiction of how those three guys SHOULD have been drafted. And were.
Old 06-18-2011   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude made a commercial thanking Houston for not picking him.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for any problems he will ever have (in the NFL).

Have a miserable career, Reggie Bust.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Bust = #2 overall draft pick and nearly #1 (and then smart@$$ about it).

Guy in my avatar = UNDRAFTED = Rushing Title.

The draft is a joke in some ways.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #16
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush is nothing but an over hyped 3rd down back. He was taking out of a 4th and 1 situation in college when he was the Heisman Trophy winning that should tell you all you need to know about him as a RB.

I don't ever want a RB on our roster that our coach doesn't have confidence in to gain a yard.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #17
JPPT1974
Halloween 14

Rep Power: 1472 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Saints' New Stain Removal Product: Bush-Be-Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Reggie Bust = #2 overall draft pick and nearly #1 (and then smart@$$ about it).

Guy in my avatar = UNDRAFTED = Rushing Title.

The draft is a joke in some ways.
The always hyped draft will always be a bust. While the always undrafted player will be a hit! And hopefully a future HOF!
Old 06-18-2011   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Bush is nothing but an over hyped 3rd down back. He was taking out of a 4th and 1 situation in college when he was the Heisman Trophy winning that should tell you all you need to know about him as a RB.

I don't ever want a RB on our roster that our coach doesn't have confidence in to gain a yard.
I once had a horse we tried to make into a calf roping horse. He always ran over the calf, nearly killing every damn calf we had in our pen.

So we sold him for peanuts.

Whomever bought him from us ended up making that horse into essentially the best steer wrestling horse in all of professional rodeo. That person then sold the horse to three professional rodeo competitors who each put in an equal share of money to buy the horse. Total price? $250,000. And they made that back AND probably another 250K on top of the initial investment.

So you can imagine our heartbreak when we found out we mis-identified the horse's talents. Yeah, why didn't we understand that a horse who just wants to run like hell was never going to be anything BUT a steer wrestling horse...which, of course, just needs to run like hell as fast as he can from point A to point B? Us. And it sucked. Still hurts to this day.

Reggie Bush is not a feature back, obviously. You have to be bigger, stronger, and ready to take the hits all the time. You have to be able to go through any gap. He can't. But he CAN do other things. If he finds the right situation, he won't make feature back $$$ but he will do decent.

He can score TDs. He can rack up yards. He can make hay when he's in space, such as special teams situations and passes out of the backfield. Pair him up with a true feature back and I think he does somewhat OK.
Old 06-20-2011   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the end, I expect a clueless him to hitch up with a clueless team.
So you're saying the Texans have a good chance?
Old 06-20-2011   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So you're saying the Texans have a good chance?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read