Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-19-2011   #61
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dang.... Ahman Green goes off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I guess he doesn't want to be a Texans Ambassador anymore....
True that, because McNair dosen't like dirty family laundry hung out for everyone to see.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #62
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Rick Smith has done a poor job as GM. This is just icing on the cake. Asking that question is unprofessional and will not be looked on in a positive light around the league. Not at all. Both Kubiak and Rick should have been fired when Richard Smith was given his 3rd year and still failed. Jobs should have been on the line at that point. Then promoting from within with Bush only exasperated the problem and should have made Smithiak even more personally responsible for their failings. Yet, they both still keep their jobs. I still can barely rap my head around that fact. I love my team, through thick and thin, but it really is a poorly run and poorly owned team. McNair is in way over his head with these guys that are currently running the show.

I called 6-10 last year but this year I gotta see what they do in FA and how certain players look to have rebounded in whatever preseason games we have. (KJ, Tate, Daniels) Right now, based on what we have in our flock, I think we are at best an 8-8 team.

Now, if Wade Phillips comes in and catches lightning in a bottle, I could look really stupid. I just feel that its gonna be tough to move in FA if you are a tertiary team like the Texans, and that our draft picks need some seasoning. Phillips will come in and help but I think there are personnel issues that will make a quality Texans defense a risky call at best.

Ahman never did anything for the Texans, so I am not a huge AG fan, but you don't ask someone if they are quitting. If the relationship is that bad, you need to cut bait and gtfo.

I really like Brandon Harris' work rate though. Not uber athletic but has great instincts and football acumen. Hopefully it was a Wade pick because Rick, although a DB himself at Purdue, has done a horrible job evaluating DB talent and retaining talent that we have had.

Like it or not, on a real team that is committed to winning, they find a way to retain Dunta in a way that is beneficial to both parties. Rick made it personal and it sounds like that is a common thread with him. (the embarassment that was the Schobel recruitment, Dunta's problems with Rick, alleged treatment of Ahman Green, and then not following through with AJ on promises on being aggressive in improving the team and AJ's comments last year)

But Bob says we are on the right track....
Old 06-19-2011   #63
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Rick Smith has done a poor job as GM. This is just icing on the cake. Asking that question is unprofessional and will not be looked on in a positive light around the league. Not at all. Both Kubiak and Rick should have been fired when Richard Smith was given his 3rd year and still failed. Jobs should have been on the line at that point. Then promoting from within with Bush only exasperated the problem and should have made Smithiak even more personally responsible for their failings. Yet, they both still keep their jobs. I still can barely rap my head around that fact. I love my team, through thick and thin, but it really is a poorly run and poorly owned team. McNair is in way over his head with these guys that are currently running the show.

I called 6-10 last year but this year I gotta see what they do in FA and how certain players look to have rebounded in whatever preseason games we have. (KJ, Tate, Daniels) Right now, based on what we have in our flock, I think we are at best an 8-8 team.

Now, if Wade Phillips comes in and catches lightning in a bottle, I could look really stupid. I just feel that its gonna be tough to move in FA if you are a tertiary team like the Texans, and that our draft picks need some seasoning. Phillips will come in and help but I think there are personnel issues that will make a quality Texans defense a risky call at best.

Ahman never did anything for the Texans, so I am not a huge AG fan, but you don't ask someone if they are quitting. If the relationship is that bad, you need to cut bait and gtfo.

I really like Brandon Harris' work rate though. Not uber athletic but has great instincts and football acumen. Hopefully it was a Wade pick because Rick, although a DB himself at Purdue, has done a horrible job evaluating DB talent and retaining talent that we have had.

Like it or not, on a real team that is committed to winning, they find a way to retain Dunta in a way that is beneficial to both parties. Rick made it personal and it sounds like that is a common thread with him. (the embarassment that was the Schobel recruitment, Dunta's problems with Rick, alleged treatment of Ahman Green, and then not following through with AJ on promises on being aggressive in improving the team and AJ's comments last year)

But Bob says we are on the right track....
IMO wade is our only hope.

Our headcoach has been poor, same for the gm and owner. That's a lot of suckiness for wade to overcome.

Then on top of that we've just gotten younger on defense.

I'm not sold yet that this is going to be the year. A few good fa signings may change that though.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #64
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's easy to pile onto a losing franchise and accuse THEM of being the reason you didn't make the Pro Bowl every year. All things considered, a pissin' and moanin' ex-player like Carr and Green just gall me when they do this.

No front office personnel deserves to be derided like these former Texans players are doing. It just reveals their true character, IMO. And I guess I can say if there's anything "good" about McNair/Smith/Kubiak it's that they seem to hold their tongue and do their best to speak well of players and ex-players.

Just my .02
I won't disagree with you on the sad state when you hear this bashing by ex players, especially when they had a poor track record while here. But just like a known liar can occasionally speak the truth, it behooves us not to entirely discard what they may have to tell us.......and at least apply it to what our own eyes see.

And there is a very good reason your would not see the FO bashing ex players. It would obviously play negative to the current players.........and make this an even less appealing stop for any new potential players.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #65
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I have to agree with SH while many of us are quick to undermine these statements just because they are coming from a player who played pretty crappy during his tenure here. Ahman was over the top and looking to just barely survive and have one last rodeo in the NFL. The Texans were still seeking out their all time franchise RB and for all they knew they just needed help that is all. Green had major injuries before ever setting foot in city but I'm sure the Texans just kept remembering all the great seasons he had in Green Bay so that is the standard he was going to be held to like was twenty five years old and injury free. David Carr was drafted nine years ago as your supposed franchise QB but his NFL journey never turned out the way he had planned due largely to him just not ever being good enough but because he was meant to be an all star player his negative words upon joining Carolina still did hold weight at that time and in my opinion they still would today even though again he never grew into the elite and HOF status like he should have one has to wonder if a poorly run organization did not assist in putting his career on a much faster track to disaster than it would have been. Now you see Ahman Green and Marcus Coleman playing hard ball years later and in 2009 this time it was the issues with Dunte Robinson who whether right or wrong the problem was still looming overhead for an entire training camp. Butler is presently tweeting about leaving once the business session resumes in the NFL and Jason Babin was not to fond of his playing days here either so all of this as a Houston Texans football team fan you definitely do you have a cause for concern about organizational dis function within the front office of this team no matter if it is just a little bit or a lot.

Last edited by gary; 06-19-2011 at 10:49 PM.
gary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #66
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, I sense that we're on the verge of re-writing the Dunta Robinson story. Hold the phone.

Dunta was an ass. We offered him, what, $25 million in cash (waaaay over what he was worth) based simply on the fact that he was considered a leader. What did he do? He turned us down. That told us that he never wanted to play here. I'm fine with that. If he doesn't want to be a Texan anymore, fine. Just say so.

But Dunta played both ends against the middle via the media, and tried to turn himself into a victim. He got a nice big payday in Atlanta, and I'm happy for him. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking we treated him wrong, because we went out of our way to make him a great offer.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #67
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Guys, I sense that we're on the verge of re-writing the Dunta Robinson story. Hold the phone.

Dunta was an ass. We offered him, what, $25 million in cash (waaaay over what he was worth) based simply on the fact that he was considered a leader. What did he do? He turned us down. That told us that he never wanted to play here. I'm fine with that. If he doesn't want to be a Texan anymore, fine. Just say so.

But Dunta played both ends against the middle via the media, and tried to turn himself into a victim. He got a nice big payday in Atlanta, and I'm happy for him. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking we treated him wrong, because we went out of our way to make him a great offer.
The point is that several players have taken shots at Smith which is not positive either way.
Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2011   #68
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The point is that several players have taken shots at Smith which is not positive either way.
Well, sure. I agree. But let's keep things clear and not paint some players, like Dunta, as victims. Rick Smith offered him a LOT of cash, and he turned it down.
Old 06-19-2011   #69
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well, sure. I agree. But let's keep things clear and not paint some players, like Dunta, as victims. Rick Smith offered him a LOT of cash, and he turned it down.
No one in this thread has done so that I know of.
Old 06-19-2011   #70
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

These are the kinds of things that happen with losing franchises. The main problem is there is a passive agressive attitude the runs from Billionaire Bobby to Uncle Tom Rick to Good ole hometown boy/Aggie Gary to ditto Wade etc...

Until this changes the Texans will continue to be losers. I fully expect them to make the playoffs next yr. I mean they are getting to play 4 division games against rookie QB's. But there will be a quick embarrassing playoff exit.

That should be enough to keep status quo in the organization for another 2/4 yrs and Billionaire Bobby will continue to perpetuate this fraud on the GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS. Why? because he will keep on making $$$$$ hand over fist.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #71
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
These are the kinds of things that happen with losing franchises. The main problem is there is a passive agressive attitude the runs from Billionaire Bobby to Uncle Tom Rick to Good ole hometown boy/Aggie Gary to ditto Wade etc...

Until this changes the Texans will continue to be losers. I fully expect them to make the playoffs next yr. I mean they are getting to play 4 division games against rookie QB's. But there will be a quick embarrassing playoff exit.

That should be enough to keep status quo in the organization for another 2/4 yrs and Billionaire Bobby will continue to perpetuate this fraud on the GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS. Why? because he will keep on making $$$$$ hand over fist.
Does this mean Gary is safe until 2021?
Old 06-19-2011   #72
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Does this mean Gary is safe until 2021?
Sorry, but in my opinion, you Gary ain't got a chance. Not this season, not 2021. You gotta keep your hand on your wallet and stay on the MB only if you wanna try to play it safe. (BTW, what's with the 3rd person?)
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

This is goofy. Not just on the Ahman Green part, but for anyone thinking this has anything negative to say about Rick Smith.

Ahman Green is the feather in Rick Smith's cap. He is the only FA that was kinda sorta something before he got here. He is the biggest fish Rick Smith was able to land. Just because Ahman's coach (Sherman) who knew Ahman lost faith in him (because that is all this interview amounts to), how does this speak badly of Rick Smith?

Ahman Green being Rick Smith's crown gem is bad. That says a lot about Rick Smith. More than Ahman's whining.

We paid the guy some serious jack to be the best football player he could over a 2 year period. I feel bad about his dad, Bret Farve had one of his best games ever the week his father died. I feel bad about his daughter...... but that's got nothing to do with with GlassJaw Ahman Green.
Old 06-19-2011   #74
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think the point is that we didn't do enough to keep him and we ended up fielding players that were much worse.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #75
gary
Hall of Fame

Hopefully this team proves something this year and I won't buy the lockout as an excuse because the will be the sixth season for Kubiak.
Old 06-20-2011   #76
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think the point is that we didn't do enough to keep him and we ended up fielding players that were much worse.
Again: What should we have done, other than offer him his asking price WAY above what he was worth? (which is what we did) Name the stadium after him? Erect a statue? Rename our mascot Dunta? What?

I don't know about you, but to most people, $25 million in CASH, UP FRONT, is a lot of money. That's what we offered. (It may have been $23 million, I think, but still). I refuse to believe that Dunta would have starved making that kind of money.

Coming off his his injury season, our offer to Dunta was WAY more than generous. He just didn't want to play here. Atlanta offered him similar money and he took it. He wanted to play for a winning team. I respect that. But don't be a little punk on your way out and act as if we didn't try and keep you, because we did.

Dunta wanted out, but he didn't man up and admit it. And when he tried to backtrack, the damage was already done.
Old 06-20-2011   #77
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This is goofy. Not just on the Ahman Green part, but for anyone thinking this has anything negative to say about Rick Smith.

Ahman Green is the feather in Rick Smith's cap. He is the only FA that was kinda sorta something before he got here. He is the biggest fish Rick Smith was able to land. Just because Ahman's coach (Sherman) who knew Ahman lost faith in him (because that is all this interview amounts to), how does this speak badly of Rick Smith?

Ahman Green being Rick Smith's crown gem is bad. That says a lot about Rick Smith. More than Ahman's whining.

We paid the guy some serious jack to be the best football player he could over a 2 year period. I feel bad about his dad, Bret Farve had one of his best games ever the week his father died. I feel bad about his daughter...... but that's got nothing to do with with GlassJaw Ahman Green.
I'm in a weird mood lately. I'm not going to be Sunshine Club, but I will say that this Ahman Green interview where he lashes the Texans FO really pisses me off. Most of it--if not ALL of it--is just him being sullen due to Ahman Green not knowing how to handle his failed stint with the Texans.

I would tell Ahman Green that Arian Foster was signed on Rick Smith's watch. In fact, we offered more UDFA money than New Orleans did (according to Arian Foster, who says it was more money AND a shot at the RB1 spot here). Arian got benched during the Raiders game, but he chose to man-up and come back and play hard once he was off the bench. He didn't use it as a crutch and limp around and bad-mouth the coaches. He rose above it. He's even risen above his meager UDFA salary, too.

Matt Schaub was a Kubiak/Smith acquisition. If there is any "crown jewel" in Rick Smith's time here, I think the Schaub trade is it and Foster is a close 2nd. Schaub got hammered a lot here, put on his back and had some rough times before figuring out how to NOT be a Carr version 2.0. He never outed any coaches or the GM for not doing this or not doing that to help him out.

There are just some players who are going to lower themselves to the level of blaming it on the coaches, their teammates, a death in the family, a sick kid, sore muscles, a tooth ache, the humidity, an in-grown butt hair, etc. I don't think these types of players just one day acquire this type of attitude. It's likely been there a long time, lying dormant for whatever reason, but I bet there had always been inklings of it that would sometime rear its ugly head throughout the player's career in High School, NCAA, and NFL.

Players like David Carr, Ahman Green, and Dunta Robinson can go run their mouths all they want. They each got paid pretty well for not much payback to our team (in the grand scheme of things). They got theirs, so why can't they just be satisfied that they robbed their crooked boss of all that money?

The guy in my sig image (below) is a guy whom I think would never stoop to the level of Carr/Green/Robinson. Everything I have read about JJ Watt tells me that he kicks a challenge in the ass, eats hardship for breakfast, and seizes opportunity by the ball sack. I have a feeling that he'd say the only reason he hasn't achieved something is because he hasn't earned it the hard way...yet...but that he's working on gettin' it done.
Old 06-20-2011   #78
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Well whats strange is most of our current and maybe even a few recent Ex players have said playing for the texans was playing for a first class organzatian other then the not winning part
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #79
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

If Rick Smith made great draft picks or negotiated great deals for great players in free agency, all of this crap wouldn't really matter and nobody would be care. You can be a gigantic ******** and still be a good GM (AJ Smith of the Chargers used to be one), but he's not really that good of a GM.

Really though I give less than a shit (if that's even possible) about former players coming out to trash talk the current regime. They don't play for us, they aren't about to leave in free agency so I don't really give a shit. If Johnson or whomever that was good on this team was saying all this stuff, I'd pay way more attention to it.
Old 06-20-2011   #80
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If Rick Smith made great draft picks or negotiated great deals for great players in free agency, all of this crap wouldn't really matter and nobody would be care. You can be a gigantic ******** and still be a good GM (AJ Smith of the Chargers used to be one), but he's not really that good of a GM.

Really though I give less than a shit (if that's even possible) about former players coming out to trash talk the current regime. They don't play for us, they aren't about to leave in free agency so I don't really give a shit. If Johnson or whomever that was good on this team was saying all this stuff, I'd pay way more attention to it.
^^^^
This

The only thing I will say is there seems to be something a little teflon/smarmy about Rick Smith. He's done a terrible job as a GM. But nothing seems to stick to him.

It's another sign of no accountability within the Texans organization. Maybe that's the way Billionaire BoBBy wants it.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read