Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-16-2011   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dang.... Ahman Green goes off!!

Aw geez, Ahman Green goes David Carr on us.

So predictable. I guess it's the Texans fault for him having gone through such a hard time while he was here? Excuses are like assholes, which makes Ahman an excuse.
Old 06-16-2011   #22
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a 50/50 deal. Lack of communication.

With that said I kinda agree with Smith and Gary. It's all about performance and Green didn't perform up to the expected standards. Sorry to hear about his family problems though.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
Ahman Green has zero room to talk about anybody else considering the amount of money he basically stole from the Texans.
Stole? Seriously? The Texans offered him a contract. They knew what they were getting. Hell, we talked about it on the forums when it happened. So if us mere fans knew the risks, you know the FO knew it was a risk.

What player out there does not take the money that he is legally owed by a team when they do not perform up to their contract? NONE of them refuse to accept payment when they fail.

Yeah, Green is being a little ***** here, but who cares? He's gone. The fact of the matter is that we still have a little ***** as a GM, and I have yet to hear one player come out with a positive endorsement of the guy. He's a tool and does McNair's dirty work. This franchise is just getting funnier and funnier with each passing year. Good jokes have a way of doing that.
Old 06-16-2011   #24
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahman Green was our stupidest acquisition ever. Everybody but the FO knew he was damaged goods, including Ahman. He ought to keep his trap shut. He was on the scam.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #25
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire Rick Smith.
Old 06-16-2011   #26
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Not a surprise, nor is it anything that people shouldn't already know after 5 years of what we've seen out of the management of this regime. There has been quite a pattern of ex players that leave here to come out and describe this organization in a negative light. Bob still thinks we're on the right track though.
I'd be interested if you'd expand in the pattern you mention. I'm not remembering too many instances myself.
Not saying you're wrong, though.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan View Post
Are you dense, boy? Where does Smith even make a public response to Green?

The only concerning thing about Rick Smith is why he even pursued a washed up running back like Ahman Green in the first place?
Don't call him "boy."

He has his opinion. You have yours.

In MY opinion, Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak were trying to get a RB that this franchise needed. They took a chance on the guy, probably feared he would be a risk...but maybe a risk worth taking--And frankly, since that particular "risk" they took on Ahman, they haven't really taken any other chances on guys. Kubiak and Smith don't want to be on the hook for any more Ahman Greens.

It was the Ahman Green failed experiment that led all three (McNair, Smith, and Kubiak) to say they would no longer extend a nice contract to ANY player whom they considered to be an Ahman Green-type player--A guy at the end of his career who is a health risk regardless of past performance elsewhere.

So on the Texans' end, I certainly see what they were trying to do. It was probably way too heavily weighted on the "bust" end for a lot of people's tastes (I certainly panned the acquisition immediately).

ON AHMAN GREEN'S END...

He took the money. He knew if he was capable or not, but yet Ahman Green could have also had unreasonable expectations on his end, too, in regards to expectations of himself AND of the Texans (such as wanting them to "understand his situations better" etc.).

At the end of the day, it's pretty dumb of Ahman Green to try and say this stuff. Sometimes it's better to just take the money and run (not run your mouth, but rather RUN WITH THE DOUGH and hush).

That's why I say Ahman Green is the foolish one here.
Old 06-16-2011   #28
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow I didn't know the players interact wit the general manager on a day to da basis ...... Really tho don't the players umm rarely see the gm if anything the players are around the coaches more then the front office

Alot of the players that suck bad mouth us when they leave

But the core guys and the core guys are getting bigger due to the style in which we build our team seem to like playing for the texans
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #29
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad that there is actually some controversy. . Or bitching. Whatever this is.

I almost feel like we have a real franchise now. All we need to do now is sign a troubled player or two and maybe have a couple arrest.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #30
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy couldn't stay healthy enough to justify the millions the FO paid him, but somehow the FO is the unreasonable party.

Ok!
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #31
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
The guy couldn't stay healthy enough to justify the millions the FO paid him, but somehow the FO is the unreasonable party.

Ok!
The FO is unreasonable for signing Green to such a ridiculous contract, knowing the history of Green's health.
Old 06-17-2011   #32
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy was terrible. All week we were told he was good to go and ready for the game, then 3 plays in he was knocked out for the day.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #33
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Don't call him "boy."

He has his opinion. You have yours.

In MY opinion, Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak were trying to get a RB that this franchise needed. They took a chance on the guy, probably feared he would be a risk...but maybe a risk worth taking--And frankly, since that particular "risk" they took on Ahman, they haven't really taken any other chances on guys. Kubiak and Smith don't want to be on the hook for any more Ahman Greens.

It was the Ahman Green failed experiment that led all three (McNair, Smith, and Kubiak) to say they would no longer extend a nice contract to ANY player whom they considered to be an Ahman Green-type player--A guy at the end of his career who is a health risk regardless of past performance elsewhere.

So on the Texans' end, I certainly see what they were trying to do. It was probably way too heavily weighted on the "bust" end for a lot of people's tastes (I certainly panned the acquisition immediately).

You have a very good point here. Whenever I hear Bob McNair make vague references about how they're not going to overspend on a free agent, I always think about Ahman Green. I just do.

They tried. They failed. And now they're (overly)-cautious.

Great point.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #34
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm glad that there is actually some controversy. . Or bitching. Whatever this is.

I almost feel like we have a real franchise now. All we need to do now is sign a troubled player or two and maybe have a couple arrest.
LOL!

Well, I would have thought that the two steroid-related suspensions last season would have qualified us as a "real" franchise. But I do see your point though. LOL.

I think a players arrest or an assistant coaching getting shit-faced drunk in public would put us over the top and earn us our franchise cred. (Bonus points if the drunk coach's public rant was filmed by someone with a camera and posted on You Tube).
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #35
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

@ 18:30 something, does he flush the toilet?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #36
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Ahman Green was our stupidest acquisition ever. Everybody but the FO knew he was damaged goods, including Ahman. He ought to keep his trap shut. He was on the scam.
Sorry but Boselli or Todd Wade trumps Green any day of the week.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #37
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Sorry but Boselli or Todd Wade trumps Green any day of the week.
Philip Buchanon? I think he trumps Todd.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #38
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh no, say it aint so......... but how would he know how the Texans are.............

Ohhhhh yeah, he did play for us huh....... I really miss that guy.
Old 06-17-2011   #39
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't it be awesome if just once....just ONCE....Smith or Big Bob came out in an interview and said, "Ahman...A...Ahman who? Green? Oh yeah, yeah, I remember. Just tell him to enjoy his retirement."

Alas, they're *********s with no balls.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan View Post
Are you dense, boy? Where does Smith even make a public response to Green?

The only concerning thing about Rick Smith is why he even pursued a washed up running back like Ahman Green in the first place?
You need to quit with the personal attacks!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read