Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-16-2011   #1
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dang.... Ahman Green goes off!!

1560 the Game (Sean the Cablanasian) just interviewed Ahman Green. He roasted the Texans F/O. Also explained that his time in Houston that he had a lot going on in his personal life, ie daughter being sick, dad dieing of cancer and something going on with his mom. He added that the injury led to even Mike Sherman questioning his work ethic, which Mike Sherman was originally a defender of Green from their time in Green Bay. Said he was warned about Rick Smith being a douche.bag (my words, not his) before coming ever coming here but wanted to come because of Andre Johnson and the Texans youth.

He did speak highly of the players and their ability to not quit, and "battle fight" (again, my words not his).
Old 06-16-2011   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dang.... Ahman Green goes off!!

Not a surprise, nor is it anything that people shouldn't already know after 5 years of what we've seen out of the management of this regime. There has been quite a pattern of ex players that leave here to come out and describe this organization in a negative light. Bob still thinks we're on the right track though.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #3
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

I am cool with that, every company needs a douche.bag and sports ain't no different. And why is rick being called this, because he didn't see results on the field from Ahman? I think he should be thankful he was not cut earlier from the texans, all people have tragic times in their lives but you just can't bring it to work. Most of the great athletes in history have used trajic events to do the opposite and excel in sports at that time ( to escape in the game ).
I think he needs to chill out some.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, you don't ask a previous pro-bowler if they are faking an inury. It's unprofessional and renders the relationship irreparable.

*EDIT*

Here's a link to the podcast, if interested: Ahman Green
Old 06-16-2011   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

It's astonishing that, at this point in time, there is anyone that would dispute or defend Rick Smith's reputation.

Ya, the Texans need a d-bag running their personnel like I need herpes. Makes total sense.
Old 06-16-2011   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

wow...what he said doesn't surprise me...but it's always a little surprise to hear a player like Green come out and just lay it out there.

This franchise puts the fun in dysfunctional. Both GMs in our history have been jackasses, and judging by the body of their work, not very good GMs.

And before anyone jumps me to rush to the defense of Rick Smith, just remember this is the same brainiac who seems to consider himself a secondary mind that said we were going young at corner. This only led to one of the worst passing defenses in NFL history. He's not part of the solution. He's part of the problem
Old 06-16-2011   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahman Green is a known jerk. Besides, who expected him to take full responsibility for his awfulness here? Not me. It's always easier to blame everyone but yourself.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2011   #8
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. Green, will you please point to the spot on the Teddy Bear where Rick Smith hurt you.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
1560 the Game (Sean the Cablanasian) just interviewed Ahman Green. He roasted the Texans F/O. Also explained that his time in Houston that he had a lot going on in his personal life, ie daughter being sick, dad dieing of cancer and something going on with his mom. He added that the injury led to even Mike Sherman questioning his work ethic, which Mike Sherman was originally a defender of Green from their time in Green Bay. Said he was warned about Rick Smith being a douche.bag (my words, not his) before coming ever coming here but wanted to come because of Andre Johnson and the Texans youth.

He did speak highly of the players and their ability to not quit, and "battle fight" (again, my words not his).
Green sucked and didn't finish a single season. It was so bad Dayne was our best option.

Sucks about his personal life though.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 123638 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Mr. Green, will you please point to the spot on the Teddy Bear where Rick Smith hurt you.
Rep if I could, Stan. Awesome.
Old 06-16-2011   #11
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Rep if I could, Stan. Awesome.
got it for ya

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #12
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's funny that it was the d-bag that signed him to that crazy contract. Otherwise, he would have been playing for the UFL/CFL way earlier.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #13
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahman Green has zero room to talk about anybody else considering the amount of money he basically stole from the Texans.
Old 06-16-2011   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Poor him, the whole organization didn't bow down and stop everything to adjust to, "the way he is."

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kinda with most of you guys... Green just came off sounding whiney to me. I feel for him about all the stuff going on in his personal life, you know that has to be tough. But players move to new cities all the time and have to hit the ground running, even if stuff is going on in their lives.

It sounds like a classic case of miscommunication, to me. Or rather - no communication. I'm not being a Rick Smith, Mike Sherman or Gary Kubiak apologist here... but I kind of see their side. Green admitted himself of missing medical treatment and missing another meeting. Here you're paying this guy millions of dollars + paying all of his medical bills, surgeries, medicine, etc and he misses a treatment? Doesn't sound very professional to me. He basically just told everyone that he didn't tell anybody why he was distracted and was quiet not talking to anyone. It doesn't matter what profession you're in, when your performance goes down and you're not communicating with your boss or co-workers... it's never a good thing.

As far as Rick blatantly asking AG if he's faking the injury... that definitely is something you don't take lightly. It sounds like Sherman tried to talk to him first, I'm sure other coaches and trainers talked to him. I just don't see Smith as a rogue jackwagon that comes out of left field and asks Ahman that question. I see it as a build up after discussing things with Sherman and Kubiak.

I also find it kind of funny he brought up the runningback by committee thing when discussing his time here vs. how well Foster is doing and being known as THE runningback. It didn't have to be RB by committee if one of them would have stood out and played better. It was RBC because they all sucked.

AG just came across as a guy that wasn't happy here in Houston, wasn't making many friends, wasn't playing well and is trying to rationalize it by blaming other people. Not communicating with anyone gets him to butt heads with Sherman and Smith... and then he said that distraction kept him from playing well and could have led to his injury.

wah-wah
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
It's funny that it was the d-bag that signed him to that crazy contract. Otherwise, he would have been cut from the UFL/CFL way earlier.
fixed it for ya.... LOL
Old 06-16-2011   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

He said he doesn't like to complain, but he pretty much just went Henry Hill and sung like a bird....sure sounded like complaining to me.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
He said he doesn't like to complain, but he pretty much just went Henry Hill and sung like a bird....sure sounded like complaining to me.
He was warned about a couple people in the Texans organization. Funny thing is those same people were warned about HIM. They both lost.
Old 06-16-2011   #19
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh. Neither side should be pointing any fingers.

I was a big Rick Smith defender up until the end of the season. I always thougth it was soley Kubiak's coaching that has this team in a mess. And, I still do. However, when this team started to tank, Rick Smith was silent and didn't really say that much. When the crap hits the fan, the General Manager has to take over and lead. Smith hasn't done that. I want him gone, too.

As for Ahman, I'd be upset if someone asked me if I were faking an injury. However, the Texans certainly paid him well. I'm sorry he went through a lot of personal things, but, stuff happens. This team paid him VERY well for where he was.

Frankly, both sides should shut the eff up.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
OMG, I literally laughed out loud. Gasping for air now.

LOL.

Rep'd you. And I will be using that line in future posts, if you give me permission to. Hell, that's signature status stuff right there, folks....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read