Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-19-2005   #1
Andre_Johnson88
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Andre_Johnson88 Send a message via MSN to Andre_Johnson88 Send a message via Yahoo to Andre_Johnson88
Question Trading up?

Does anyone think we will still move up in the draft this year to go after someone after trading for PB?PErhaps they traded for him to get somw trade bait for draft day!Who knows though..... I really wanted Antrel Rolle as our CB from the draft but I guess I now want to go after DJ!What do yall think now that this has happened?
Old 04-19-2005   #2
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

I don't think we can trade up with PB because the reason we got him so cheap was because no one else would give up a good pick.
Old 04-19-2005   #3
Vinnie333
Rookie

there's no way we're going to trade up with Buchanon. Even if we did, it would require throwing in at least a 2nd and 3rd round pick also. I believe that we are going to do the opposite and trade down and hopefully pick back up a 2nd round pick.
Vinnie333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #4
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt we got Buchanon just so we could trade him...If we were to trade up this year, it would have to involve future picks, and I don't really like that idea...Trading down is far more likely...
Old 04-19-2005   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this trade is a fairly strong sign that the FO was very interested in getting a solid CB in this draft and I would GUESS that they think PB is at least equal to or better than any that they were likely to pick up in the draft and he has NFL experience. Having solved that issue, I think they will likely look to trade down. If they can (easier said than done I think), Clayton or Davis and possibly Bass are GREAT targets in the 20 range of picks. If we pick up another 3rd grab at least one O-lineman and one D-lineman. That would be a VERY solid draft IMO. Then grab Shelton with the 4th if he is still around.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I think this trade is a fairly strong sign that the FO was very interested in getting a solid CB in this draft and I would GUESS that they think PB is at least equal to or better than any that they were likely to pick up in the draft and he has NFL experience. Having solved that issue, I think they will likely look to trade down. If they can (easier said than done I think), Clayton or Davis and possibly Bass are GREAT targets in the 20 range of picks. If we pick up another 3rd grab at least one O-lineman and one D-lineman. That would be a VERY solid draft IMO. Then grab Shelton with the 4th if he is still around.
Agreed, I'm thinking they got one of the tweener LB's targeted. Unless they get an offer they can't refuse, I believe Ware/ Thomas will be the 13. They're gonna stand pat on offense. JMHO. I think it's "win now Baby !".
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read