Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2005   #141
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Greenwood and Buchannon are both as fast as they come at their positions. We are obviously looking to upgrade speed for sure this off-season.
Agree! I started a thread a while ago about the need for speed...this reinforces our earlier efforts. Buchannon is also a playmaker--4TDs in 2004. Insane return yards after INTs that yr.
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #142
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

all i have to say is this makes payton mannings job a lot harder...hopefully this is the means to an end of our losing ways to the colts
Old 04-19-2005   #143
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRaider24
Well Arnold, all I'll say about this is we'll see who hits the championship game first. I'll take the bird in the hand myself. My best advise to you is keep checking the obits. Your road back to the SB begins the day weird Al gives up the ghost. JMHO.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #144
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
all i have to say is this makes payton mannings job a lot harder...hopefully this is the means to an end of our losing ways to the colts
i can see him combating Stokely's speed well.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #145
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Great Deal!!!

I too am a huge fan of this trade. Also to the guys saying that Babin was a bust, Babin had 63 tackles 51 solo and 4 sacks as a rookie and Capers compares him to Kevin Greene. Capers also did say that Babin was ahead of Kevin Greene at their same points in their careers.

I also think we don't need to trade up and get Derrick Johnson. I would love to have him but I also believe our linebacking corp is going to better than last years.

Go Texans and great job CC!!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #146
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

i cant wait to see us play the colts
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #147
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw it.... I'm working this weekend. I need the money to get a shrink.
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2005   #148
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait
well..thats nice but this guy seems to have evidence..:
Well here you go week 8 : Charles Woodson is out, and guess whos the starter , P-Burnt he lets Brees pass 281 and 5 TDs, 3 agiasnt him, Parker had 6 catches for 91 yards agiant him, week 9, hes the starter agian he lets Muhammed catch 8catches for 94 yards, and lets Delhome throw 2 Tds on him, Week 11 , hes is suppose to cover Kennan due to Woodson being on Gates , he lets him cath it 7 times for 91 yards and gives up a TD to Brees, week 13 E. Kennison has 8 catches 149 yards on him and a TD, week 15, he gives up 13catches for 160 yards and 3 TDs to Drew Bennit, also last year he was benched for giving all 4 TDs to Farve on a monday night game...
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #149
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Forget all the small talk. We will just see how this trade plays out this season.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2005   #150
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well in all fairness...look at ya'lls front seven...they were horrible...ya'll were running a 3-4 defense without any 3-4 linebackers and sapp isn't a 3-4 lineman...brees had all day to throw the ball and i dont' care how good a corner is...if he has to cover a reciever for more than 4 seconds he's gonna get burned because the reciever always has the upper hand
Old 04-19-2005   #151
FatBoyTim
Rookie

Quote:
Well here you go week 8 : Charles Woodson is out, and guess whos the starter , P-Burnt he lets Brees pass 281 and 5 TDs, 3 agiasnt him, Parker had 6 catches for 91 yards agiant him, week 9, hes the starter agian he lets Muhammed catch 8catches for 94 yards, and lets Delhome throw 2 Tds on him, Week 11 , hes is suppose to cover Kennan due to Woodson being on Gates , he lets him cath it 7 times for 91 yards and gives up a TD to Brees, week 13 E. Kennison has 8 catches 149 yards on him and a TD, week 15, he gives up 13catches for 160 yards and 3 TDs to Drew Bennit, also last year he was benched for giving all 4 TDs to Farve on a monday night game...
The Texans got cleaned out on this. Only a homer thinks this is a good move. The SD and Bronco fans hate this trade. They feasted on this scrub.

Last edited by FatBoyTim; 04-19-2005 at 11:46 PM.
FatBoyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #152
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No CB can stop a QB, thats the job of the front 7. AS for the recivers, could anybody stop that crowd?

And no for the dumbest comment of the night, harkening back to Buchanon being burnt for 30-40 TD, we gave out a grand total of......................................wait for it...............................think it'll be close to 30........................how about.......................................TWELVE . Yup that sure looks like 30 to me. And since I really doubt Buchanon was the only CB playing I doubt all those were directly his fault. Please or the good of us all, put the crack pipe down!
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #153
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

wow!!!!! i never saw that coming
Old 04-19-2005   #154
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
I Like The Deal..............nobody Wanted To Play For The Raiders Defense Last Year. This Is A Great Environment For A Guy That Just Came From A Crapy One. This Will Be Great............think On The Possitives Instead Of The Negatives So Much People.this Is Good For Us And For Phillip Bucahnon.
well 2 years ago you could stay that but, i lost repect for the guy, when we came out playing hard on defense, guys like Danny Clark, Ted Washington, Charles Woodson, Anderson, Brayton, Kelly and hell even Sapp keeped going , but at some point when you do everything right, and you are doing your job and the Qbs just throw it up at Phillips direction and they would get the TD or the first down, or get into FG range, at some point enough is enough, after he gave up the game winning TD's to the Cheifs, he goes out and says he wants a new contract or he wants to be traded ? But If you beleive it was because lack of pass rush, than how do you expect it to get better, you had a worse one than us last year ? I like the Texans, please dont mistaken me for a hater, but im just trying to warn you as fans...
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #155
FatBoyTim
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
We basically gave up a 2nd round pick for a starting NFL cornerback who will also function as punt returner. Pretty dang good deal to me
and a third too. That is completely insane. Just like drafting Hollings was. Just wait to see what the raiders take at 47. It will make you puke.
FatBoyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #156
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

who were the raiders FS and SS
Old 04-19-2005   #157
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna be sick. Pukin Bar is a fitting result of P-Burnt Buchanon. OK...Maybe it was a 7 yr. plan and evreybody in the western hemisphere typoed. Does the NFL drug test coaching staffs/management??????
Who does Drew Henson play for again?????
Old 04-19-2005   #158
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoyTim
The Texans got cleaned out on this. Only a homer thinks this is a good move. The SD and Bronco fans hate this trade. They feasted on this scrub.
Why don't you go sign Hugh Douglas again?
Old 04-19-2005   #159
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

[quote=FatBoyTim]and a third too. he said we gave up a second because we still have another third round pick
Old 04-19-2005   #160
tacoman_j
Veteran

Default Only 2nd rounder

We only gave up a second and a 6th round pick. 6th round pick come from the Drew Henson trade which became 78th pick this year. 2nd rounder for burner to match stokley is good deal. Better than taking Justin Miller or Fabian Washington. too many ??? about those guys in the 2nd round.
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read