Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2005   #121
Enormo
Rookie

Sorry, but a 3rd AND a 2nd is just way too much for Buchanon. The guy isn't that strong on the field and he is trouble in the lockerroom.

I hope whatever the Texans GM sees in Buchanon comes to fruition because if it doesn't you boys just got raped.

That snake oil salesman cryptkeeper Al Davis must have really used some strong magic to pull this one off.
Enormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #122
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRaider24
He also gave away maybe 30 to 40 TDs ?
Just about.
Old 04-19-2005   #123
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I have all the faith in the world in Charlie Casserly. He has seen something that nobody else has so I fully expect Buccanon to come in and be an impact player for us.
Old 04-19-2005   #124
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormo
That snake oil salesman cryptkeeper Al Davis must have really used some strong magic to pull this one off.
He probably passed it off as a deathbed wish. To bad people like him never die
Old 04-19-2005   #125
Enormo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I smell fear. I would too if I had to face Buchanan, Faggins, D-Rob and Glenn...

No... that's the dump Buchanon just took on the Texan's field.
Old 04-19-2005   #126
Enormo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
He probably passed it off as a deathbed wish. To bad people like him never die
LOL! What do you expect from someone who drinks embalming fluid as a nightcap?
Old 04-19-2005   #127
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Well if you dont beleive me, just check out what some of Raider, Bronco and Charger fans have to say

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=25148
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=25148
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32861
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2005   #128
tiger06
Veteran

We basically gave up a 2nd round pick for a starting NFL cornerback who will also function as punt returner. Pretty dang good deal to me
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #129
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

The trolls are really coming out for this one...
Old 04-19-2005   #130
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Like the wise Old Owl said: " Who"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shader
Guys this was a horrible move for the Texans. They could have drafted any number of cornerbacks in the 2nd round that could turn out just as well or better than Buchanon. Now you get a head case that can't cover anyone, and you lost a 3rd rounder as well.
I disagree with this. After the first ten picks they are all **** games. It's tough enough to pick a cover corner in the first round much less the third. The raiders pass rush resembled dinner call at the old folks home. It was worse than ours. I've been screamin' for a playmaker in the defensive back feild on this board for two years. PB ain't ST, but he'll do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shader
Although you proved last year how little you value draft picks when you got ripped off by the Titans for Jason Babin, an average linebacker/defensive end/whatever.....one thing he's not is worth 3 draft picks...

Randy Starks will make you regret that trade for a long, long time.
Wrong again, CC in hindsight had a very nice draft, last year. Babin looked great against the run. He's just a babe. Give him a chance. After twenty years of coachin' the 3-4 you figgure Capers can pick 'em. My projection for Babin is 8+ sacks in 2005. I'd a lot rather be in the Texan's position right now than the Titants. Lean times a comin' in the collosium. Randy Starks never ever, will be a d-lineman in the 3-4. Amen. He just ain't big enough. Nice three DT in the 4-3 though. Get over it.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #131
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
I have a feeling they aren't intending PB for returning punts. Especially if he's injury-prone.
Please... Buchanon was born to return punts. Swinton will handle kickoffs. Buchanon is going to be our nickelback to start out the season anyway.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #132
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
last 8 games he gave up countless TD' ... where you watching the same guy ?
Quote:
He also gave away maybe 30 to 40 TDs ?
well..thats nice but this guy seems to have evidence..:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRaider
I've got tapes of 6 of the last 8 games. Feel free to point me to which games you have in mind I'll look them up right now.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #133
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
My two cents:

BAD MOVE! A young team losing a second AND a third for someone who isn't of the best character, and has a large ego, is not a good thing. Now you have one impact draft pick this year, and this is a draft filled with unsure players.

As a colts fan, I should be happy you did this, but I want to see you guys continuously improve, and IMO, this is the wrong way to do that.
That is exactly why this is a good trade. We have added a young experience starter that is going to not only add another roster spot, but fill the eventual HUGE hole of Glen at the cost of just a second and a third, instead of taking a chance on a unsure player.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #134
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

everyone hates al davis like he is the devil...haha...he might just be...but i for one like him...he's ruthless in the way he conducts business...he's one of those guys were you love to hate him...the classic villian...i love what the guy does for football...he makes the game exciting to watch...i fully understand why a charger fan would hate him though...to tell you the truth if he was in our division i'm sure i would hate his guts just as much as any of the charger fans do...as for buchanan...i love his talent and maybe getting him away from the underacheiving woodson is what he needs to turn his career into something memorialable...remember this guy is for the U
Old 04-19-2005   #135
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

HAHAHA all of that coming from a team that signed the entire Cleveland Browns D-line this past offseason???? Give me a break.
Old 04-19-2005   #136
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno... doesn't turn 25 until September but already has 3 years of experience in the NFL - might be a pretty sweet deal for us !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #137
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I like the pickup. It just leaves me wondering if the Texans trade Glenn away on draft day. At this point it is anyone's geuss.
Old 04-19-2005   #138
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Also the fact that all our divisional rivals felt like they had to jump over here and comment on this trade, good or bad, tells me all I need to know.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #139
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow @ 130 people viewing this thread...We haven't seen anything like this since the epic "Orlando Pace Visits With Texans" thread from a month ago...
Old 04-19-2005   #140
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I made that comment about him not returning punts because it seems to me that the Texans like their returners as far down the depth chart as possible.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read