Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2005   #81
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait
only thing i remember is one game he threw off his helmet after a big Int or PR, and threw it from the feild to the sideline or sumtin, and got a penalty in an important part of the game.... could make a couple bonehead plays like that but otherwise i really like the speed this kid has..
Yea he almost broke the Punt for a TD, but came short, he took off his helmet to sort of jeer up the fans in arrowhead and was called for a penilty, taking us out of field goal range
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #82
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

sounds like a done deal to me!
Old 04-19-2005   #83
FatBoyTim
Rookie

This is why the Texans will go no where. Horrible move. And it only reflects what he has done to date. Mistake after mistake. Glenn is a June 1 cut for sure now. Desparation move. He has to win soon to save him and capers. This is the day things change in Houston. I predict the end is coming for the expansion staff of this team
FatBoyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #84
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one slightly upset with this trade? I think the 2nd and 3rd round picks could have been used to draft pressing needs in our defense (LB, DL) or offense (OL, WR). I think Buchanon has lots of potential, but did we really need to address the problem of corner this year and give up the 2nd and 3rd rounders?
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #85
tiger06
Veteran

All I can say is WOW! You never know what to expect with Casserly, huh? :woot
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #86
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

yea thats true, cornerback reall wasnt a pressin need yet and we coulda used some other players else were but im not sure if im happy with this trade or not....we'll see
Old 04-19-2005   #87
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Greenwood and Buchannon are both as fast as they come at their positions. We are obviously looking to upgrade speed for sure this off-season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2005   #88
Trapped
Veteran

He takes up two positions for our team, and we have to account for the future and Aaron Glenn possibly being injured. I like this trade.

True we could of drafted Chris Spencer, but are we even sure that the 3rd rounder we draft may even make the team. Some candidates were Bartell, Roby, Adam Seward, Chris Canty. Those guys are projects? Why not go for a sure number 2CB who is still improving in PB. He's 24 and comes cheap, why not.

Last edited by Trapped; 04-19-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #89
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

After digesting this for a little bit, I think that Jon Hoke will be able to straighten him out and get him to be the best CB he can be...I'm not sure he has the best head on his shoulders, but giving up the 47th and 78th pick in this draft isn't that bad IMO...The only problem I have is that now a trade up is out of the question unless we trade future picks (bad idea IMO)...I think this trade makes it more likely that we trade down if our guy isn't there at 13 though...
Old 04-19-2005   #90
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoyTim
This is why the Texans will go no where. Horrible move. And it only reflects what he has done to date. Mistake after mistake. Glenn is a June 1 cut for sure now. Desparation move. He has to win soon to save him and capers. This is the day things change in Houston. I predict the end is coming for the expansion staff of this team
Horrible move??? What are you taking about. In this league and in our division you must have 2 shutdown corners. This gives up DR on oneside and PB on the other this is great we can now go after a RB and or a WR and we are a real threat to make the playoffs. This year and next and the next. This is GREAT
Old 04-19-2005   #91
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
After digesting this for a little bit, I think that Jon Hoke will be able to straighten him out and get him to be the best CB he can be...I'm not sure he has the best head on his shoulders, but giving up the 47th and 78th pick in this draft isn't that bad IMO...The only problem I have is that now a trade up is out of the question unless we trade future picks (bad idea IMO)...I think this trade makes it more likely that we trade down if our guy isn't there at 13 though...
Trading down would be absolutely fantastic now.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #92
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

If we can add Spears, Merriman or Ware, our defensive unit can be deadly next year...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #93
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

didnt we run all over him when we played oakland? if im not mistakened Aj just put his shoulder down and let ihm have it....not a shutdown corner to me IMO but i can very well be wrong
Old 04-19-2005   #94
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
didnt we run all over him when we played oakland? if im not mistakened Aj just put his shoulder down and let ihm have it....not a shutdown corner to me IMO but i can very well be wrong
There are about 3 shutdown corners in the entire NFL. People really need to stop using that term.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #95
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Cornerback Phillip Buchanon, the Oakland Raiders first-round pick in the 2002 draft who had fallen out of favor with coaches and club officials in recent months, was traded to the Houston Texans on Tuesday night, ESPN.com has learned.

The Raiders received second- and third-round choices in this year's draft.

This article confirms the picks. . .

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2041266
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #96
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat
Horrible move??? What are you taking about. In this league and in our division you must have 2 shutdown corners. This gives up DR on oneside and PB on the other this is great we can now go after a RB and or a WR and we are a real threat to make the playoffs. This year and next and the next. This is GREAT
Im sorry to tell you this, but PB isnt a shutdown corner, people in the AFC WEST including the Raiders fans nick named him P-Burnt. But i will say this, if your D-Line can get pressure, he will catch the ball if tiped or is just a force out throw..... great in zone coverage, but it would be crazy to leave him out thier without safety help...

,this year Andre Johnson destroyed him, if you remeber that monday night game agianst the Packers 2 years ago, he gave up all the TDs in that game..
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #97
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
There are about 3 shutdown corners in the entire NFL. People really need to stop using that term.
No, there are exactly zero shutdown CBs in the league. Dieon Sanders was the first, last and only shudown CB in NFL history. No CB in this league takes away half the field.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #98
Trapped
Veteran

I think the Texans draft Marcus Spears now, or should. Or we can sit back and see what other moves Casserly has up his sleeves.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #99
texman8
Veteran

Wow! Aggressive move. Wish we didn't give up 3rd round pick,though. This makes #13 pick more important( no busts pls.) Maybe, Texans will look to trade down to pick up an extra pick.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #100
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
If we can add Spears, Merriman or Ware, our defensive unit can be deadly next year...
i hope dallas passes on Ware cause i see him falling farther than say Merrimen, and if we could trade down and grab him i would be happy
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read