Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2005   #61
SoCalRaider
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRaider24
We were ranked 30th in pass D
Weak point. Pass defense is a function of a pass rush and coverage in the secondary. The Raiders breakdowns in pass defense were a function of an inability to rush the passer and cover TEs.

Quote:
he lead the team with most penelties in the secondary
Charles Woodson had 7... Buchanon had 2. What are you talking about?

Quote:
last 8 games he gave up countless TD'
I've got tapes of 6 of the last 8 games. Feel free to point me to which games you have in mind I'll look them up right now.

Quote:
... where you watching the same guy ?
Apparently not.
Old 04-19-2005   #62
titan hater
Veteran

dont think its a bad deal if they give up a 3rd. anything more would be just plain dumb...they must think glenn is done for...
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #63
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

OR DERRICK JOHNSON!!!!.......i dream too. sigh
Old 04-19-2005   #64
SoCalRaider
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
No great loss if it's the second. We ain't had much luck with them anyway. Anyone got a defensive splits link ? Their reporting their own 47 & the 78th. Starter at corner, very nice job CC.
Is that your second and third of this year?
Old 04-19-2005   #65
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

So we lost47 and 78?
Old 04-19-2005   #66
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Now we can trade up to take DJ or a WR and then add depth with the rest of our picks...
Old 04-19-2005   #67
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

If it is for the 2nd and 3rd rounder , i like this trade, Raiders can fill the need at LBs through the draft while you guys add a playmaker for your knickle slot..
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2005   #68
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Derrick johnson sounds good....hhhmmm
Old 04-19-2005   #69
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is that your second and third of this year?
It's our second and the lower of our two 3rd rounders.

Even a 2 and a 3 is ok in my book. We still have our #1 and #73 - that's two picks on Day 1. Normally you have three but we had four thanks to the Henson deal which in part, makes this possible. Consider Buchanon a Day 1 pick and now we don't have to worry about CB on Day 1. Raider fans in here arguing about it tells me everything is ok with this.

Capers and Casserly aren't dumb about locker room chemistry. It wouldn't surprise me if they talked to Glenn ahead of time about this.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #70
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 14 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

I really liked him coming out of college. If he just needed a change in scenary then this could be a great trade. I am sure that Casserly and Capers made sure he wouldn't be a cancer here.

The best part of the whole deal could be that he has two years left on his rookie contract and is only due $700K and $800K the next two years.

Lenny P's article from ESPN
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #71
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

does anyone know how his attitude is? good or bad like a TO or Aj type attitude?
Old 04-19-2005   #72
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 47 & the 78th

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
So we lost47 and 78?
Yes and like Vinny said we can now match up with any four in the league. You're right sad for me no DJ,Chriss Spencer, David Bass, grr. Still a very nice Job.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #73
SoCalRaider
Rookie

I'll need to sleep on this... all I know is that the Chiefs were offering a 4th for Surtain and we just got a 2nd and 3rd for Buchanon.

If Chief fan just got bent over, then I by definition must be happy... I guess.
Old 04-19-2005   #74
tacoman_j
Veteran

Talking Speed Speed Speed

that what we needed and got in this deal. Texans must not be too impressed with talent in this draft. As long as we dont give up 13th pick Im happy. We don't have great track record @ 2nd and 3rd round anyway. Plus, for two years , he is probably making Demarcus Faggins like money. Good deal!!! Using line from immortal hulk Hogan . Yo Indy, what you gonna do when the TExans run all over you!!! Now somehow get Ced Benson, and offseason is complete.
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #75
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
does anyone know how his attitude is? good or bad like a TO or Aj type attitude?
those two are like rush limbaugh vs al gore....
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #76
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Buchanan is a regular Miami Hurricane. Loud, Proud and Cocky.

AJ maybe the last of his kind to come out of Miami.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #77
TigerBait
Veteran

only thing i remember is one game he threw off his helmet after a big Int or PR, and threw it from the feild to the sideline or sumtin, and got a penalty in an important part of the game.... could make a couple bonehead plays like that but otherwise i really like the speed this kid has..
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #78
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait
only thing i remember is one game he threw off his helmet after a big Int or PR, and threw it from the feild to the sideline or sumtin, and got a penalty in an important part of the game.... could make a couple bonehead plays like that but otherwise i really like the speed this kid has..
I remember that, too. Against KC after a big PR.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #79
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

lol k not so bad not great we'll see if houston turns him into an athlete people love or an athlete people love to hate
Old 04-19-2005   #80
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It doesn't matter anymore because Jon Hoke is now his position coach and he won't take sh!t from anyone.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read