Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Trade Picks 47 & 78 for Phillip Buchanan

WTF?!?! Why would we trade for Phillip Buchanan? Hasn't he been a disappointment in Oakland, and hasn't he been classified as a "cancer" (I hate that term but couldn't come up with a better one)...I'm not sure what we gave up for him, but hopefully it wasn't more that a 3rd rounder since we could probably draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd that would be better than him...

I just saw it on the ticker on ESPN. Please don't tell me we gave up a first rounder for him.

If its true and not a mis type then horrible trade.....i mean come on didnt andre run him over when we played them like twice??? it was awesome. and he USED to be good not anymore. to me hes a guy with a bad attitude that i doubt the texans would want on there team...hhmmm interesting

TopTexanFan16 said:
If its true and not a mis type then horrible trade.....i mean come on didnt andre run him over when we played them like twice??? it was awesome. and he USED to be good not anymore. to me hes a guy with a bad attitude that i doubt the texans would want on there team...hhmmm interesting

USED to be good?? He's like 26...

I heard tell that Washington was interested in trading the 25th overall pick to Oakland for him, though I'm not sure how true that is...If it was true though, I fear we may have given the 13th overall to them...

If I had to guess though, I'd say we gave them the 47th...

TopTexanFan16 said:
"USED to be good?? He's like 26..."

yea true but hes lost a step or two....IMO i dont consider him a top DB in the leauge still. IMO

He hasnt even reached his potential yet, nor was he ever even the top DB on his team, let alone the league.

TopTexanFan16 said:
"USED to be good?? He's like 26..."

yea true but hes lost a step or two....IMO i dont consider him a top DB in the leauge still. IMO

:rofl: How could a 3 year vet who hasn't had any leg injuries lose a step or two?

SoCalRaider said:
We ain't trading him for anything less than a 1st... :mad:
Get ready to be disappointed then because there is no way Casserly traded the 13th overall pick for a player that was selected 17th in his draft and hasnt been that great on the field.

Unless Casserly doesnt like anyone at the top of the draft... :hmmm:

D-ReK said:
I heard tell that Washington was interested in trading the 25th overall pick to Oakland for him, though I'm not sure how true that is...If it was true though, I fear we may have given the 13th overall to them...

If I had to guess though, I'd say we gave them the 47th...

Washington owns the 9th overall and expressed no interest in trading it to the Raiders (which happens to have no 1st round pick) for Buchanan.

AndroidRaider24 said:
Oh please, we are lucky enough someone took him off our hands...
You don't just give away a very solid starting CB in his rookie deal... D.Walker is a joke and the guy from the Cardinals is a nickel back at best. The Raiders are going to have a hell of a void to fill and not a lot of cap room to do it.

CONFIRMED via 610am Houston radio. Two picks undisclosed right now. Not going to include the 13th overall.

aj. said:
Washington owns the 9th overall and expressed no interest in trading it to the Raiders (who happen to have no 1st round pick) for Buchanan.

They traded for the 25th today, so they have the 9th and 25th...

610 is reporting that it was for two draft picks, neither being the 13th overall pick...I guess this was the move to get us past the Colts...

SoCalRaider said:
You don't just give away a very solid starting CB in his rookie deal... D.Walker is a joke and the guy from the Cardinals is a nickel back at best. The Raiders are going to have a hell of a void to fill and not a lot of cap room to do it.
He isnt a solid CB,he cant tackle, he gets INT evey once in a while but the guy gives up 10x more TD's than INT's... (sorry Texans fans , but just what i have seen last couple of years)

Fiddy said:
Get ready to be disappointed then because there is no way Casserly traded the 13th overall pick for a player that was selected 17th in his draft and hasnt been that great on the field.

Unless Casserly doesnt like anyone at the top of the draft... :hmmm:
With the front 7 the Raiders have put on the field the last few years, not even Charles Woodson looked that great. Put Phillip Buchanon on a team like the Eagles or Ravens, and he'll be a Pro Bowler.

Well there's your blockbuster. Still hold the thirteeneth. Oakland gets some picks. Sports 610 reports they've just picked up CB Phillip Buchannan.

Buchanan will probably free up a roster spot because I think he also plays KR/PR

Bye-Bye Moses...

lol 2 raider fans arguing on a texans message board...priceless but seriously how good is he? and y would we trade for im assuming a high profile player when we have robinson and glenn....even though glenn is gettin old

So if they wre going to trade for P.B. why did they sign Swinton? Not so sure if Moses still won't be competing for a spot of the summer.

here is the article espn has posted...

Cornerback Phillip Buchanon, the Oakland Raiders first-round pick in the 2002 who had fallen out of favor with coaches and club officials in recent months, was traded to the Houston Texans on Tuesday night, ESPN.com has learned.

Details on what the Raiders received in return were not yet available.

The Raiders have been shopping Buchanon for weeks and discussed a possible deal with the Washington Redskins during the past week. Oakland also has been attempting to locate a suitor for its other starting cornerback, Charles Woodson, but hasn't found any takers.

Buchanon, 24, was the 17th player selected overall in the 2002 draft. While the former University of Miami star had slipped in the eyes of the Raiders, other teams felt he still retained playmaking skills and return abilities. In 14 starts last season, he had 59 tackles and three interceptions.

Another attractive element for the Texans is Buchanon's youth and his experience in a system that stressed a considerable degree of man-to-man coverage.

The Texans already have one outstanding young cornerback in Dunta Robinson, one of their two first-rounders in 2004 and a player many felt was the best rookie defender in the NFL last season. Their other starting corner, 11-year veteran Aaron Glenn, will turn 33 this summer. The trade ensures the Texans are prepared for the future at one of the game's high-commodity positions.

In 36 appearances with the Raiders, Buchanon totaled 122 tackles, 11 interceptions and 13 passes defensed. He returned four interceptions for touchdowns, at least one in every season of his brief career. He is also a dangerous punt returner, averaging 11.0 yards with three touchdowns on 72 runbacks.

Buchanon still has two years remaining on his original rookie deal, with base salaries of $700,000 for 2005 and $800,000 for 2006.

AndroidRaider24 said:
He isnt a solid CB,he cant tackle, he gets INT evey once in a while but the guy gives up 10x more TD's than INT's... (sorry Texans fans , but just what i have seen last couple of years)
Deion Sanders couldn't tackle either. How many touchdowns did Buchanon give up over the last 8 games of the regular season?

Ok so the way i see it... he has 2 years remaining on his rookie contract $600,000 and $800,000 which i guess is not bad for a 3rd CB is he a solid nickel CB?

Heres the link!

I'm happy as long as we didn't give up the 13th. I guess someone will be moving to SS. Only bad thing bout this is that now the Texans have less of chance of drafting Thomas Davis (Bad for me)

We are going to have some kind of secondary for the new no touch era. Dunta, Glenn, Buchannon, and Faggins can man up on any 4-WR combos.

TopTexanFan16 said:
lol 2 raider fans arguing on a texans message board...priceless but seriously how good is he? and y would we trade for im assuming a high profile player when we have robinson and glenn....even though glenn is gettin old
He was solid his Rookie year, he got hurt and it went all down hill, he was getting good at returning punts and INts for TD's, but the guy is lazy, he doesnt work out, he causes alot of BS with the coaches, he cant tackle, he gives up too many big plays , IMO he will be a great nickle back, you guys got good CBs in Robison and Glenn, no way in hell he will beat them out for the job..

Back