Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2005   #21
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
"USED to be good?? He's like 26..."

yea true but hes lost a step or two....IMO i dont consider him a top DB in the leauge still. IMO
He hasnt even reached his potential yet, nor was he ever even the top DB on his team, let alone the league.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #22
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRaider
We ain't trading him for anything less than a 1st...
Oh please, we are lucky enough someone took him off our hands...
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #23
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
"USED to be good?? He's like 26..."

yea true but hes lost a step or two....IMO i dont consider him a top DB in the leauge still. IMO
How could a 3 year vet who hasn't had any leg injuries lose a step or two?
Old 04-19-2005   #24
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

woooooooo oooopps lol soooo sry i heard raiders and woodsoon poped in my head....my bad
Old 04-19-2005   #25
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
We ain't trading him for anything less than a 1st...
Get ready to be disappointed then because there is no way Casserly traded the 13th overall pick for a player that was selected 17th in his draft and hasnt been that great on the field.

Unless Casserly doesnt like anyone at the top of the draft...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #26
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
I heard tell that Washington was interested in trading the 25th overall pick to Oakland for him, though I'm not sure how true that is...If it was true though, I fear we may have given the 13th overall to them...

If I had to guess though, I'd say we gave them the 47th...
Washington owns the 9th overall and expressed no interest in trading it to the Raiders (which happens to have no 1st round pick) for Buchanan.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #27
SoCalRaider
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRaider24
Oh please, we are lucky enough someone took him off our hands...
You don't just give away a very solid starting CB in his rookie deal... D.Walker is a joke and the guy from the Cardinals is a nickel back at best. The Raiders are going to have a hell of a void to fill and not a lot of cap room to do it.
Old 04-19-2005   #28
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

my bad guys i was thinking of woodsoon, i dont know anything bout Buchanan my bad
Old 04-19-2005   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

CONFIRMED via 610am Houston radio. Two picks undisclosed right now. Not going to include the 13th overall.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #30
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Washington owns the 9th overall and expressed no interest in trading it to the Raiders (who happen to have no 1st round pick) for Buchanan.
They traded for the 25th today, so they have the 9th and 25th...

610 is reporting that it was for two draft picks, neither being the 13th overall pick...I guess this was the move to get us past the Colts...
Old 04-19-2005   #31
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

is he any good? lol sry for a dumb question just dont know enough bout him
Old 04-19-2005   #32
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

The trade is fo sure legit http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2041266

Still no details though

Would 3a and 4 work, but it's probaly one of next years picks.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #33
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Quote:
You don't just give away a very solid starting CB in his rookie deal... D.Walker is a joke and the guy from the Cardinals is a nickel back at best. The Raiders are going to have a hell of a void to fill and not a lot of cap room to do it.
He isnt a solid CB,he cant tackle, he gets INT evey once in a while but the guy gives up 10x more TD's than INT's... (sorry Texans fans , but just what i have seen last couple of years)
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #34
SoCalRaider
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Get ready to be disappointed then because there is no way Casserly traded the 13th overall pick for a player that was selected 17th in his draft and hasnt been that great on the field.

Unless Casserly doesnt like anyone at the top of the draft...
With the front 7 the Raiders have put on the field the last few years, not even Charles Woodson looked that great. Put Phillip Buchanon on a team like the Eagles or Ravens, and he'll be a Pro Bowler.
Old 04-19-2005   #35
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Phillip Buchannan

Well there's your blockbuster. Still hold the thirteeneth. Oakland gets some picks. Sports 610 reports they've just picked up CB Phillip Buchannan.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #36
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Buchanan will probably free up a roster spot because I think he also plays KR/PR

Bye-Bye Moses...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #37
SoCalRaider
Rookie

Radio reporting 2 draft picks were involved... neither was the 13th pick.
Old 04-19-2005   #38
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

lol 2 raider fans arguing on a texans message board...priceless but seriously how good is he? and y would we trade for im assuming a high profile player when we have robinson and glenn....even though glenn is gettin old
Old 04-19-2005   #39
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet it's a second and one of the thirds. One good thing is he comes cheap.

PB

Last edited by aj.; 04-19-2005 at 09:59 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #40
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

So if they wre going to trade for P.B. why did they sign Swinton? Not so sure if Moses still won't be competing for a spot of the summer.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read