Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-20-2005   #361
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

yes peek is true to those scouting reports.

It will be truly interesting now to see the starting lineup in the opening game
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #362
arm03c
Rookie

Dunta, Buchanon, Earl, Deloach, Smith, Peek, Babin Greenwood... Smells like we've got ourselves a great nucleus for many many years to come.
arm03c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #363
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I could see us trading with Detroit if one of the "top 10" we want fell. Otherwise I see us trading down.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #364
arm03c
Rookie

Oh yeah, Carr, Johnson, and Davis ain't a bad start on the offensive side of the ball either...
Old 04-20-2005   #365
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm03c
Morlon Greenwood is extremely fast, but at times tries to make the big play and ends up looking foolish.
That seems to be the consensus knock on him: not making big plays. As Cak pointed out, he only has 3 sacks in 4 years.
Old 04-20-2005   #366
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
There are two knowns on the LB core right now--Babin will be at LOLB and Greenwood will be an ILB.

Increase the pass rush? Greenwood has 3 sacks in 4 years in the NFL. Babin had 4 in his rookie season.
Greenwood can rush the passer, He just didn't have very many sacks because Jason Taylor was beating him there hahaha
Old 04-20-2005   #367
arm03c
Rookie

Greenwood's problem with sacks is that he can't fight through two blockers. If he gets bumped by a lineman and then has to take on some form of a back, he's gonna get made lunch out of. The upside here is sending Babin, Peek, or whomever from the outside with Greenwood from the inside will likely let someone come free every now and again. Greenwood will get his plays this year, but he's gotta bulk a bit IMO.

Gonna be hard to trade down... Who wants to trade up? Someone who wants Jason Campbell? Lol. Unless the Vikings don't select Edwards or Williams with their first pick and want say, Williamson with their second, I'm not sure that trading down is going to be feasable or worth it in the long run for the price of trading down this year. We wouldn't get more than a late 2nd to move down about 10-15 picks. Now if we can get a 1st rounder NEXT year for this year's first rounder, THEN we might be in business.
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2005   #368
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

Quote:
Greenwood's problem with sacks is that he can't fight through two blockers. If he gets bumped by a lineman and then has to take on some form of a back, he's gonna get made lunch out of. The upside here is sending Babin, Peek, or whomever from the outside with Greenwood from the inside will likely let someone come free every now and again. Greenwood will get his plays this year, but he's gotta bulk a bit IMO.

Gonna be hard to trade down... Who wants to trade up? Someone who wants Jason Campbell? Lol. Unless the Vikings don't select Edwards or Williams with their first pick and want say, Williamson with their second, I'm not sure that trading down is going to be feasable or worth it in the long run for the price of trading down this year. We wouldn't get more than a late 2nd to move down about 10-15 picks. Now if we can get a 1st rounder NEXT year for this year's first rounder, THEN we might be in business.
Crazy stuff happens on draft day, I can't wait for this weekend!!!
Old 04-20-2005   #369
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
The trolls are really coming out for this one...

Indeed. Normally I try very hard not to stereotype new posters as trolls but if you had only this thread to go by you couldn't help but do it. If people don't like the trade on it's own merits that's cool. We'll know soon enough whether Casserly did good or got punked. On average he wins more of these than he loses so no worries yet. Early on I like the look of this.

Mostly I think it's early to be worried about our offseason. I never get excited about the FA signings because alone they don't tell you all that much about what the team did to improve. Once the draft wraps up you have a clearer idea but really, until you get to the June 1st cuts it's hard to say.

I don't recognize half the people on this thread and coincidentally they're the half that aren't worth reading anyway.
Old 04-20-2005   #370
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Quote:

they've got to see what positions are in that class, or else it will make us or break us
Old 04-20-2005   #371
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Draft day is the football fan's Christmas.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #372
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Now we can trade up to take DJ or a WR and then add depth with the rest of our picks...
I agree! That's the whole reason Charle did it. I have a feeling we have a deal set up with the Redskins. They were after Buchanon for a few weeks now. Theres more to it, just wait and see.
Old 04-20-2005   #373
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Draft day is the football fan's Christmas.
ill second that one, its just a good time to spend with friends and family
Old 04-20-2005   #374
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu
I agree! That's the whole reason Charle did it. I have a feeling we have a deal set up with the Redskins. They were after Buchanon for a few weeks now. Theres more to it, just wait and see.
They aren't going to trade Buchanon to the Skins after they just traded for him.. Why would you want to trade away a game breaker and someone whos young and has talent that's cheap right now?
Old 04-20-2005   #375
Xman
Veteran

I think most people's problem with this trade is the same problem they had with releasing Sharper and Foreman. No immediate return - we are giving up assets to fill position where we already had decent players. Just looking at it from a fan viewpoint of the team we want next year, these moves do not make sense. However, when you factor in the cap and the fact that Casserly is still looking a couple of years down the road (or has some grand scheme), it makes sense, I hope.

By the way, PB is a talented player and fun to watch. I have had him as backup defensive player in my fantasy leagues. He is good at getting interceptions and scoring. However, he has had a tendency to get burned because he gambles. Maybe Casserly thinks he can fix that and still get the benefits. If so, PB (and Dunta) will be in the Pro Bowl for years.

Also, if Casserly was willing to give up those picks, I think he does not like the quality of player he would have drafted. So, despite the fact that I am ok with the idea of trading down and picking up Clayton or Pollack around #20, I don't think he will look for extra 2nd/3rd round picks right after giving up his own (unless he thought PB was too good to pass on). My money is on us sticking at #13.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #376
Xman
Veteran

OR - Casserly could deal Glenn and #13 to Dallas for #10.

Why it works: Dallas gets a stud CB for 2 years at a cheap price. Dallas could really use secondary help, but they need a veteran not another young player (the problem there is they have one young CB that is underperforming and one FA signee that is limited).
Also, Parcells will leave soon, Glenn gives him his best chance to win now.

As far as that goes, I would throw in Wong or a few others for picks if Dallas really wants to make a run this year.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #377
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

i think this solidifies us moving down as well, but i'm hoping for the thomas davis range :woot
Old 04-20-2005   #378
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i think if one of the studs doesn't fall we trade down.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #379
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey CT...saw you post in the thread. Must be tough being a Titan fan this year. You guys sure are nervous since your best signing this year was on an etch-a-sketch. Keep the faith man!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #380
z0rpAn
Veteran

i say we are going to trade our #1 and #3 to trade up to get benson, then they can all go out and have an early dinner that night

or else get benson and trade DD for another first or second rounder

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read