Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-20-2005   #341
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

Glenns Gone are june 1st or maybe a draft day trade for a very very late pick but I dought it very much
Old 04-20-2005   #342
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm03c
Yeah, steroids, drugs, and hookers... lol... jk.
Come on man, don't be made bc they always beat you up a little bit jk I love watching my Canes play your noles.. and it great living in florida you get to see the game everytime they play.. Always a good game no dought
Old 04-20-2005   #343
arm03c
Rookie

Seems to me the OLine did a good enough job this past year opening holes through zone blocking for Davis, though admittingly, the only Texans games I actually got to watch on TV were the two Jags games and the Sunday nighter. At least statistically they were fine. DD had his second straight pretty good year, and we're talking about a running back? Situation almost reminds me of TJ Duckett to the Falcons or maybe better yet, Ron Dayne to the Giants.

Williamson would also be a nice fit at 13 to go across from Johnson and send Jabar "Let me stick the ball out 2 yards before the goalline" Gaffney to the slot. Seems like Williamson would step in immediately and have a big impact, getting Carr to 20 TDs for the first time in his career.
arm03c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #344
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

if in fact this trade is legit then why is there no posting by the Texans this is starting to feel like April Fools all over again

still waiting for confirmation on the Texans official site http://www.houstontexans.com/

Last edited by beerlover; 04-20-2005 at 11:17 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #345
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
if in fact this trade is legit then why is there no posting by the Texans this is starting to feel like April Fools all over again
It's all over the place, ESPN, NFL.com, Profootballtalk.com its crazy.. Trust me its legit.
Old 04-20-2005   #346
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicology
2. Let's talk dollars. We know that Buchanon will cost us about $1.5MM for 2 years. That's fact.

--- Someone tell us what the rough cap hit would be for our 2nd and 3rd round pick. I'll be willing to bet a lot of money that it is significantly more than what Buchanon will cost.

--- Further to the point on dollars: the Salary Cap is about opportunity cost. The true analysis of this trade is to compare the 2nd and 3rd round picks with Buchanon and what we can get with the money we saved under the cap.

If someone will plug in the numbers, I think this should end the debate.
Phillip Buchanon: $700k 2005, $800k 2006

From last year's draft (add about 10% for this year):
#47--5 year deal, $1.725 mil signing bonus, $280k base 2004 (1st year of deal), $342 k base 2005. Total 1st year with 10% factored in--$688k. 2nd year--$756k
#78--can't find Bernard Berrian's deal from last year but based on Peek's figures something like 3 years, $680k signing bonus (adjusted for 2 years of increase), league minimum salaries, around $235k 1st year, $315k 2nd year. Total 1st year--$462k. Total 2nd year--$542.

Approximate total cap of #47 & #78--1st year, $1.15 mil--2nd year, $1.298 mil.

Basically a mil cheaper over the next two years, but after that will be more expensive than the final years of the draft picks would be--at least so long as he plays to his potential.
Old 04-20-2005   #347
arm03c
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_Johnson80
Come on man, don't be made bc they always beat you up a little bit jk I love watching my Canes play your noles.. and it great living in florida you get to see the game everytime they play.. Always a good game no dought
Hey now... I made the roadie down the Miami last year and swear I'll never do it again. Bring that back into the Doak this year and we'll see what happens!

Also, just out of curiosity... and sorry if I seem a bit out of touch with the news of late, but is Greenwood going to play ILB or OLB? And if it's ILB, will it be him and Wong inside and Babin and either Peek or pick 13 outside?
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2005   #348
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

Quote:
Seems to me the OLine did a good enough job this past year opening holes through zone blocking for Davis, though admittingly, the only Texans games I actually got to watch on TV were the two Jags games and the Sunday nighter. At least statistically they were fine. DD had his second straight pretty good year, and we're talking about a running back? Situation almost reminds me of TJ Duckett to the Falcons or maybe better yet, Ron Dayne to the Giants.

Williamson would also be a nice fit at 13 to go across from Johnson and send Jabar "Let me stick the ball out 2 yards before the goalline" Gaffney to the slot. Seems like Williamson would step in immediately and have a big impact, getting Carr to 20 TDs for the first time in his career.

Williamson is sick, he would be a good fit to very fast rec in Texans uniforms that would be great.. by side the fact that they play my Bills in the home opener in Buffalo. Losman starting his first game facing DR & PB worries me but i think it will be a great game.
Old 04-20-2005   #349
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

Quote:
Hey now... I made the roadie down the Miami last year and swear I'll never do it again. Bring that back into the Doak this year and we'll see what happens!

Also, just out of curiosity... and sorry if I seem a bit out of touch with the news of late, but is Greenwood going to play ILB or OLB? And if it's ILB, will it be him and Wong inside and Babin and either Peek or pick 13 outside?
He played LOLB in Miami he might do that for the Texans as well to incress the pass rush. They can always move Babin to the DE pos like he played in College.

O don't you worry there will be plenty of games in the doak and for years to come. Most def one of the best riverly games to watch in college football.
Old 04-20-2005   #350
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

they will keep Glenn this season(and possibly trade him or get him to lower his cost down the road), they are stocking their prevent defense for Indy
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #351
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rpAn
they will keep Glenn this season, they are stocking their prevent defense for Indy
they just might, but glenn will not start.. He will be pushed to nickel back
Old 04-20-2005   #352
arm03c
Rookie

It's gonna be hard to find a reasonable guy to be selected that won't step in right away in a key spot that we need.... except Cedric Benson. Short of being a hometown guy, what do we need him for with Davis running the ball? Oh, and one of my roommates, a Bucs fan, swears that Benson's gonna be a Buc if Smith and Rodgers are both off the board.

Spears adds depth to the front 3.

Williamson gives us a badly needed #2 WR with incredible speed and is a deep threat.

Pollack or Cody adds a massive pass rusher out of the OLB spot.

Baron would sure up the LT spot for many years.
Old 04-20-2005   #353
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

oh ye, I didnt read the other 20 pages on this topic(too long) but for those that didn't hear,the rumor was we are trading our 2nd pick and a 3rd round pick for buch
Old 04-20-2005   #354
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
someone you've never heard of?? I don't understand fans like you. You obviously don't pay attention to football: college or pro. It's safe to say you are not qualified to pass any judgement on any football decision that the team makes.
Someone I've never heard of. As in, I personally have never heard of him.

Did I say he's a nobody? No.

Do I wake up and go to ESPN.com and click through every article? No.

I follow the teams I care about, general NFL and NCAA news, and the guys on my fantasy team.

If you want to call me a bad football fan, then you're just ignorant.

Oh, last time I checked, the Texans didn't pay you to make their decisions, either, so you must not be very qualified, either.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #355
arm03c
Rookie

Moving Babin to DE makes no sense in a 3-4. The guy broke the NCAA record for tackles for loss... He's too small to be a space eater on the line like Smith and Payne are, and like Spears would be. That'd be taking a bigtime playmaker out of a relatively natural position he excelled at last year. Drafting another undersized DE to play 3-4 end would give Capers all of the blitzing tools he ever wanted, especially for as much as we sent Dunta on the blitz at the end of the season. By adding Buchanon, I think we're just one piece closer to having the defense straight out of hell that Capers wants. I think we're still gonna be a year away from the Colts in the division, but competing for a Wild Card slot isn't out of the question by any means.
Old 04-20-2005   #356
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_Johnson80
He played LOLB in Miami he might do that for the Texans as well to incress the pass rush. They can always move Babin to the DE pos like he played in College.

O don't you worry there will be plenty of games in the doak and for years to come. Most def one of the best riverly games to watch in college football.
There are two knowns on the LB core right now--Babin will be at LOLB and Greenwood will be an ILB.

Increase the pass rush? Greenwood has 3 sacks in 4 years in the NFL. Babin had 4 in his rookie season.
Old 04-20-2005   #357
arm03c
Rookie

And Kailee Wong? June 1 casuality?
Old 04-20-2005   #358
z0rpAn
Veteran

prolly kept as a run stuffer, with all the smaller fast guys that will prolly be starting, we will need someone who wont let those running backs completely run through us
Old 04-20-2005   #359
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
And Kailee Wong? June 1 casuality?
Not saying anything about Wong getting cut but if Derrick Johnson were to drop to #13 then Wong would have to fight for the other ILB spot where Capers says he will play now. Similarly Peek looks to be the lead contender for ROLB, but that could change if Merriman or Ware were to drop.
Old 04-20-2005   #360
arm03c
Rookie

Gotcha. Know that the Texans made a lot of moves and will continue to make moves this offseason to get younger and quicker, especially on defense, and I didn't know if Wong was going to be one of those moves or not.

I think if Derrick Johnson slips to 13, we'll all be doing cartwheels... I know I will be.

I really haven't seen a whole heck of a lot of Peek play. I know he's fast is supposed to be a high energy guy to help spark the D. All of this true? Scouting reports only go so far... Asking the fans that go to the games will probably give me a better idea of what we're looking at.

Having watched probably 80% of the Dolphins games over the years, I know that Morlon Greenwood is extremely fast, but at times tries to make the big play and ends up looking foolish. Also has problems trying to go around blockers instead of through them to get to the ballcarrier on rushes up the middle. If Capers and crew can get him to take on more of the blockers, he'll be a great great player.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read