Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2005   #201
David_Carr
Rookie

I'm amped.

This was a good read...(already posted)

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...20/RAIDERS.TMP
Old 04-19-2005   #202
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
Be happy or be sad. At least make sense. Or a complete sentence.
i mde one typo, and yu queston my ablity to firm a comlete sentence?
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #203
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Wonderful trade....I love this deal...both sides should be happy as hell right now.
Old 04-19-2005   #204
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

We spent a 2nd and one of our 3rd round picks this year on a guy who was taken 16 picks behind Carr. He has speed, experience, potential (whether fully realized or not) and has been looking for greener pastures. His cap hit will only be 700-800K through 2006.

I'm anything but a big-time CC fan, but this deal looks like a good move from virtually any angle. I could give a **** what gangs of MB trolls think about this deal. (especially those from Oakland and Dallas who're still steamed about getting spanked by us)

At the very least we get a game-tested, experienced return man & corner to proivide some much needed depth. Time will tell guys / gals....time will tell.
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #205
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait
what?....ok!
yeaaaaahhhh! :woot
Old 04-19-2005   #206
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
Maybe it's just because I'm watching an awful movie(Bulletproof Monk) or I had such a high opinion of CC, but my season of optimism just turned into a season of dread. Maybe Buchanon can be team guy, but I doubt it. His selfish behaviour and inconsistant play will haunt the Texans for years because of the draft picks we'll miss out on. Davis may be crazy, but he's crazy like a fox. And he just screwed the Texans for several years.
If there is any formula for getting a reenergized 1st round talent, it is this scenario (from the previously posted article):

Quote:
"It should be a good move for Phillip," said one league source, adding that Houston defensive backs coach, Jon Hoke, was very familiar with Buchanon, having recruited the former four-sport star at Lehigh High school in Fort Myers during's Hoke's days as defensive coordinator at the University of Florida. "The Texans have a disciplined coaching staff that should be able to get the most out of him."
Old 04-19-2005   #207
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss

this is a sweet trade im diggin it...and yeah both sides should be happy with it.....damn i cant wait for the season to start!!!!
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2005   #208
Texan-Bull04
Rookie

Question

So yall dont think that trading Buch- for a #9 spot giving us a 9 & 13 in the first round is a good idea
Texan-Bull04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #209
Texan-Bull04
Rookie

A fter all washington was gonna do it till we got involved
Texan-Bull04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #210
David_Carr
Rookie

One more thing...

Buchanon costs $1.5MM over 2 seasons.

Another good read...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2041266
Old 04-19-2005   #211
carrtex
Rookie

The Texans traded a 2nd and 3rd pick for Buchanon. Don't forget that we still have a extra pick in the 3rd.
carrtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #212
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait
i mde one typo, and yu queston my ablity to firm a comlete sentence?
Yeah, I do. It's the redneck in me. LOL
Old 04-19-2005   #213
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan-Bull04
So yall dont think that trading Buch- for a #9 spot giving us a 9 & 13 in the first round is a good idea
If we could get it, I'd be all for it....doubt it would ever happen though.
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #214
LBblitz
Veteran

I like the trade:youth, speed, and cheap. Not bad. I also think our teams strong character will straighten him out. Although I will be sad to see glenn go ...but I guess it is business.

This strengthens my opinion that Cass is Capers our building our team in the NE Patriot mold . Stocking up on LBs, getting rid of high priced players (shaper, possibly glenn), and getting players that other teams dont want anymore that have major upsides(PB= C.Dillion)
Old 04-19-2005   #215
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
Screwed us for years? Knee jerk reactions anyone?
YES screwed us for several years. That's what it will take for us to make up the lost draft picks.
Old 04-19-2005   #216
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that I dont think trading Buch for the #9 is a good deal.. but i just think its unlikely as hell
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #217
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan-Bull04
It's not really that big of a deal. He's a former first rounder anyway whos only 24(will be 25 by seasons start). You wont get much younger than that at the CB position.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #218
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Awesome idea, but unlikely
Old 04-19-2005   #219
TigerBait
Veteran

Im telling you, Vandamer on FSN said the Redskin local paper (forgot what it's called) reported they were willing to give the 9th overall pick and a second or third rounder. We must of really snuck up in this deal.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #220
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Carr
Buchanon costs $1.5MM over 2 seasons.
Do you really think he will play the next two years under that contract?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read