Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2005   #181
texansfan88
All Pro

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 107 (54 members and 53 guests)
texansfan88, aj., AndroidRaider24, buzztexan, caddy, canadiantexan, Carr Bomb, clandestin, corrosion, D-Rob23, disaacks3, DocBar, dtran04, Eyeguy, F-minus67, GLM, GoBlue, Grid, Hottoddie, Htown34s, Hulk75, infantrycak, JacksonvilleJaguar4, jdantexfan, justmy2cents, knbjr40, LBblitz, LORK 88, Lucky, michaelm, Number19, pancho, powda, rdbrem, RT2, RTP2110, Sco-tai, Señor Stan, Shader, swisher, tacoman_j, teamplaya, Texansbacker, Texas_Heat, TheRealJoker, threetoedpete, TigerBait, travfrancis, UberDork, vtech9, wags, Zadadu
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #182
rdbrem
Rookie

Default Article about Buchanon

Maybe this was posted, but it includes more info. Sounds like a talented but inconsistent guy. So it could be awesome, could be scary.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...20/RAIDERS.TMP
rdbrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #183
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Agrred. Don't worry about him Tiger he's got Starks playin' the nose in the 3-4. Believe this means they got Ware or Thomas targeted guys. Turn'em lose. We may not make the champioship game, but it's going to be a fun ride. Order the body bags Titans, Colts, Jags. We're coming. JMHO
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #184
Texansbacker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden135
DocBar you don't make any sense but oh well. I think what this trade shows is that the texans are trying to win now. They don't want to draft a db and wait a few years to mold him into an nfl db. The trades they are making are to add speed and experienced youth (same with Greenwood). I would like to see how this shuffles the secondary. Is there a possibility someone may move to ss? I am also curious what this does to our first round draft pick. Its obvious it counts out us drafting a db and with the addition of Greenwood i don't think the Texans will go lb unless they were to find a way to get DJ. It seems to me like they are going to go offense since our dline is pretty much set for next year and i don't see why we would pay first round money for someone who is gonna sit a year while we are trying to make the playoffs. That pretty much leaves it to Oline, wr and rb. I hear a lot about us drafting Barron which would be a good long run pick but we are trying to win now and olinemen dont usually produce much in their rookie years. That leaves rb and wr. I am totally against us picking up a rb like Benson because i think Davis has a lot of unmet potential and he has been pretty solid the last two years other than the little time he missed due to injury plus he was huge down the stretch last year and i would like to see if he can continue that before wasting a first rounder and run into the problem the chargers have with a top qb draft pick on the bench because their qb surprised them and had a great year. So i am gonna go on a limb and say we will pick a wr like troy williamson.
You make some good points Holden and I think you are right in that the Texans want to win it this year no matter the downplaying of it being only thier fourth year. They used to say at franchise inception that we would have a realistic shot in year three to make the playoffs and a run a the bowl in year four. Well, we didn't make the playoffs last year so I guess we must jump straight to the bowl and to do that you need veterans. Now we will only have one person who must make an immediate impact this season and that is our first round pick. The best player available, either on offense or on defense, will be selected and I would love to see a WR like Troy Williamson or a running back like Benson but that is probably just wishful thinking.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #185
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys.. you really shouldnt bother responding to the trolls . Shader has 3 posts and every single one of them wasnt worth the bytes they were coded on.

I can imagine this unwashed fool sitting in his drawers in his parents basement.. drinking cheap beer and giggling while he tries to think up the next stupid thing he is gonna say to get under your skin.

The naysayers are not going to "realize" that this was a good move until Buchanan starts making plays for it.. and then they will say "I knew it all along! I supported this trade from day one!"

So just let it go. We know CC knows what he is doing, and this was a solid move.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #186
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

This guy is going to play nickle for his first year, and will have a year of Hoke's coaching under his belt before he starts. I think that he deserves a break, even deion sanders would have gotten roasted if he played for the raiders last year.
Old 04-19-2005   #187
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shader
Unfortunately guys, until you learn to draft..(which you haven't yet) you will continue to be below average. 29 of the 32 NFL teams realize the value of draft picks. Apparently the Skins, Texans, and Dolphins haven't gotten the memo. Well, strike that, Saban gets it...I guess it's Snyder and Casserly...
we said from the beginning unless the perfect player falls to us @ 13 we are trading down, and as a result i see us easily getting a mid to late 2nd or early 3rd rounder; we also have a 3rd rounder from Dallas. So most likely we will still have 3-4 picks day one.
Learn how to Draft?
2003- 1st. Carr
2003-1st. Andre Johnson
4th. Dominick Davis
2004-1st. Dunta Robinson
including many other value picks in each of those drafts..
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2005   #188
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unfortunately guys, until you learn to draft..(which you haven't yet) you will continue to be below average. 29 of the 32 NFL teams realize the value of draft picks. Apparently the Skins, Texans, and Dolphins haven't gotten the memo. Well, strike that, Saban gets it...I guess it's Snyder and Casserly...
where do you get this from??? The Texans have take n every first round pick and will do so again in 2005..think before you post.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #189
Shader
Rookie

I never said you guys should put Starks in the 3-4. But the Titans don't run the 3-4 they run the 4-3.

I am very sad for this trade though. Reese was really looking forward to conning the Texans again this year. Now you have no trade picks to give us. Oh well, there's always next year.
Shader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #190
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What team are you a fan of? Tacks? Cows?

I'm sure Kyle Vanden Bosch is gonna kill us both games this year
Old 04-19-2005   #191
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I think this is a good trade. If Casserly was thinking corner at 13, he may have seen that the corner he wanted at that spot wouldn't be available, so he pulled the trigger on this trade. I think Buchanon brings a ton of youth, speed, and athleticism to our secondary. At 24, and with Jon Hoke as a coach, he has no where to go but up. It gets me really wondering what we'll do at #13 now. Trading up is all but out of the question. Maybe trade down or take a DL/LB?
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #192
pskinny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
So just let it go. We know CC knows what he is doing, and this was a solid move.
Agreed.....
pskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #193
Shader
Rookie

Well I wouldn't toot your horn about David Carr until he actually wins you guys a few games, or takes you to the playoffs.
Shader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #194
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbrem
Maybe this was posted, but it includes more info. Sounds like a talented but inconsistent guy. So it could be awesome, could be scary.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...20/RAIDERS.TMP
If Hoke likes him, I like him. But seriously if Hoke is so sold on him after already having recuited him before then I'm pretty happy about it. Maybe it was just that Oakland water!
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #195
Texansbacker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait
Correction Shaun Alexander and Edge are not going to any1.... Yes the asking price is about a 2nd rounder but why is it so low? Mammoth Contracts. Why do u think these teams are not jumping all over a low asking price? Huge Contracts.. PB can be an effective in nickle d while learning our system and then eventually make the move to 2nd starter, while being paid 700k and 800k the next to season; which takes absolutley no cap hit so we can make moves next season as well, unlike a team that would get one of those RB's
Bro, you are talking way over the Shade man's head.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #196
Texan-Bull04
Rookie

y not try trading buchanan to the redskins since they were willing to give up the #9 spot for him and get derrick johnson or cedric. i think this would be smart bc we still have glenn starting and buchanan would not be used as much
Texan-Bull04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #197
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it's just because I'm watching an awful movie(Bulletproof Monk) or I had such a high opinion of CC, but my season of optimism just turned into a season of dread. Maybe Buchanon can be team guy, but I doubt it. His selfish behaviour and inconsistant play will haunt the Texans for years because of the draft picks we'll miss out on. Davis may be crazy, but he's crazy like a fox. And he just screwed the Texans for several years.
Old 04-19-2005   #198
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
OKAY we will leaRn THANKS! Thanks for turning our Franchise around! :woot
what?....ok!
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #199
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Screwed us for years? Knee jerk reactions anyone?
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #200
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait
what?....ok!
Be happy or be sad. At least make sense. Or a complete sentence.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read