Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2005   #1
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125
Default Texans Trade Picks 47 & 78 for Phillip Buchanan

I just saw on the ESPNNEWS bottom line Oak agrees to trade us CB Buchanan.. any other do tell...
Old 04-19-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

WTF?!?! Why would we trade for Phillip Buchanan? Hasn't he been a disappointment in Oakland, and hasn't he been classified as a "cancer" (I hate that term but couldn't come up with a better one)...I'm not sure what we gave up for him, but hopefully it wasn't more that a 3rd rounder since we could probably draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd that would be better than him...
Old 04-19-2005   #3
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

are you sure it was Houston? and on T.V. or the site if so provide a link?
Old 04-19-2005   #4
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

It was on TV... ESPN News
Old 04-19-2005   #5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw this... I'm freaking out. I wanna see what we gave up...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #6
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

I just saw it on the ticker on ESPN. Please don't tell me we gave up a first rounder for him.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a newscrawl on espn news.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2005   #8
GLM
Rookie

I saw this on the ESPN Ticker also. I can't find any other information.
GLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #9
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

I hope its just one of our 3rd rounders...
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #10
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

If its true and not a mis type then horrible trade.....i mean come on didnt andre run him over when we played them like twice??? it was awesome. and he USED to be good not anymore. to me hes a guy with a bad attitude that i doubt the texans would want on there team...hhmmm interesting
Old 04-19-2005   #11
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Sweet Jesus, i hope it is true, no offense guys but i HATE P-Burnt, he is horrible !
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #12
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
If its true and not a mis type then horrible trade.....i mean come on didnt andre run him over when we played them like twice??? it was awesome. and he USED to be good not anymore. to me hes a guy with a bad attitude that i doubt the texans would want on there team...hhmmm interesting
USED to be good?? He's like 26...
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #13
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

hes not on the roster....i know its early lol but it makes me feel a bit better
Old 04-19-2005   #14
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn!!! Work just got really interesting.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #15
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

A draft pick maybe ? First Rounder (im wishing) ?
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRaider24
A draft pick maybe ? First Rounder (im wishing) ?
HA!!!!

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #17
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard tell that Washington was interested in trading the 25th overall pick to Oakland for him, though I'm not sure how true that is...If it was true though, I fear we may have given the 13th overall to them...

If I had to guess though, I'd say we gave them the 47th...
Old 04-19-2005   #18
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

"USED to be good?? He's like 26..."

yea true but hes lost a step or two....IMO i dont consider him a top DB in the leauge still. IMO
Old 04-19-2005   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

IF they gave up the 13th pick I'm gonna scream right here on the floor of my job!!!!
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #20
SoCalRaider
Rookie

We ain't trading him for anything less than a 1st...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read