Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-17-2011   #81
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre recruiting Ochocinco, and Cromartie???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Talk about a complete spin on your part. You are just weak sauce honestly.

Own up to your own behavior, before passing judgement on anyone else because you come off as a flat out fraud here. First off you come in here bitching in a very hypocritical fascion all because you didn't like what I had to say about Chad Johnson even though I provided several facts and examples as to why. No counter points even attempted on the subject.

Then when I mentioned you needing to follow your own advice when trying to tell other posters about manners and being polite since you like to dish it out but can't take it, you act all innocent like you have no idea what I'm talking about this entire time. Of course I didn't believe one word of your drivel saying you couldn't remember either. Funny coincidence you found the thread that you claimed to have no idea about with no problem and then come back saying "it was 5 months ago." Lol! You aren't fooling anybody dude.

And once you do, you come back acting as if I attacked you when you were the guy that started throwing face palms around without even attempting a real argument and just had a tantrum in that very thread. Some of your posts were so vile in that thread they were deleted from what I can tell. If you're going to dish it out, then learn how to take it in return. It seems like every time you try quoting me or have an issue with my stance, you throw a few digs and jabs without any valid argument what so ever on the subject, and then whine like a big baby when you can't articulate an argument with substance.
I tried reading it but the words blur and go blah blah blah blah.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #82
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
If we do get ochio cinco. There is a good chance we will have to trade or cut fan favorites ..... J jones and david Anderson

David Anderson I wouldn't mind his destiny is to be our future sports radio host IMO

But at this point. Who is the better WR. Jones or cinco ????

In terms of stats I think j jones was acctually better then Chad last year
In terms of WR...Chad catches the ball when it's thrown near him. Jacoby doesn't catch it when coming to his numbers.

In terms of WR, I'll take the guy that catches it most times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #83
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Chad Johnson in a heartbeat. He trains and plays HARD. He may have a mouth at times, but he backs it up with effort. I can deal with a guy saying something stupid every once in awhile, as long as he comes to play every day. Chad Johnson does that.

As far as Cromartie, please come play for the Texans. If we can't get Aso, Cromartie would be a nice addition to this secondary.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #84
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'll take Chad Johnson in a heartbeat. He trains and plays HARD. He may have a mouth at times, but he backs it up with effort. I can deal with a guy saying something stupid every once in awhile, as long as he comes to play every day. Chad Johnson does that.

As far as Cromartie, please come play for the Texans. If we can't get Aso, Cromartie would be a nice addition to this secondary.
Yep

They would upgrade positions of need.

Do you think it's possible to sign a S in FA in addition to Cromatie and C.Johnson?

The guy I would be looking at is Atari Bigby. He's really talented. But has been somewhat injury prone. He's young and has the speed to really be an upgrade over the slow old guys this team has had at the S position for the last decade.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #85
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep

They would upgrade positions of need.

Do you think it's possible to sign a S in FA in addition to Cromatie and C.Johnson?

The guy I would be looking at is Atari Bigby. He's really talented. But has been somewhat injury prone. He's young and has the speed to really be an upgrade over the slow old guys this team has had at the S position for the last decade.
My #1 safety to target would be Dawan Landry.
Old 06-18-2011   #86
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My #1 safety to target would be Dawan Landry.
Agreed

But if Billionaire BoBBY signs Cromartie and C.Johnson there probably wont be enough $$$$ to sign Landry. Landry is my 2nd rated S behind Weddle.

Bigby is almost as good and will be alot cheaper because of injury history. He would immediately become the best S in Texans history. Which is really kinda sad.

It's time for the Texans to take some chances in FA on young talented players with a history of minor injuries. Like the Packers did with Woodson. Although Bigby isn't as good as Woodson he's still a very good S.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #87
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I tried reading it but the words blur and go blah blah blah blah.
Facts can be pesky little things can't they.

You obviously have no ability to explain yourself and I don't see why anyone would expect any more at this point. You lie about threads you participated in, then spin what's already there, and then come back saying blah blah blah instead of responding to what "You asked about."

Weak sauce.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2011   #88
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then how do you explain 2008 where he came back after that season and admitted that he didn't work hard because he was unhappy about his contract and how he didn't get traded to Washington and also admitted that he didn't get in shape before the season? This stuff came from Chad himself. He had a horrible season that year and it was evident that he wasn't playing hard even before he admitted to it.
Old 06-18-2011   #89
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then how do you explain 2008 where he came back after that season and admitted that he didn't work hard because he was unhappy about his contract and how he didn't get traded to Washington and also admitted that he didn't get in shape before the season? This stuff came from Chad himself. He had a horrible season that year and it was evident that he wasn't playing hard even before he admitted to it.
He's not Jesus. Very few people are always a certain way all of the time.

I don't even remember that but assuming it's true, it still doesn't speak to his overall body of work and what he is generally about.

He's human. I'm pretty sure there have been times you've done things that are out of character for you for one reason or another. Doesn't mean we should judge you on that one act.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #90
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He's not Jesus. Very few people are always a certain way all of the time.

I don't even remember that but assuming it's true, it still doesn't speak to his overall body of work and what he is generally about.

He's human. I'm pretty sure there have been times you've done things that are out of character for you for one reason or another. Doesn't mean we should judge you on that one act.
This isn't about me. I'm not a professional football player being paid a ton of money every year. Chad is, and taking off an entire season is inexcusable and then being dumb enough to admit it, screams of stupidity if you ask me. This is also about a guy who hangs with TO and loves TO which is a character flaw in itself if you ask me if we're talking about a guy coming on to a football team. TO has brought down 3 different teams. Chad loves the guy and birds of a feather always flock together in my experiences, but Chad has had problems with coaching and team cancer issues going all the way back to HS.

Let's get this out there so no one else gets confused. I hate Diva WR's in the NFL. They cause more problems than they're worth. Some of them may be highly talented and help their teams out to some degree, but over all most of them flame out with their teams and fans end up hating them when they leave. Guys like Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Hines Ward, and Jerry Rice are very rare at the WR position as far as their personalities, but that's who you want to have on your team. That's who I want any way. I don't want some guy who violates his contract by trying to ride a bull simply because he'll get attention from it to where he could possibly get hurt and waste my team's money.

And don't forget how many problems Chad has caused his team over the years. Many people out of Cinci have pointed the finger at Chad directly in many ways for the team losing respect for Marvin Lewis. It wasn't just Chad of course. It was all of those bad apples that Mike Brown brought in over the years, but it was no coincidence that Cinci fell apart after that great season where Chad hit Marvin Lewis in the face in a playoff game and also tried to assault their other offensive coach at halftime. I'm sorry, but any time I hear of a player going as far as trying to assault his HC in a playoff game I don't want anything to do with that player. That's a team cancer, and the minute that an owner allows a player like that to stay on a team after that it's no surprise that the HC loses a team after that. That's common sense in my eyes. How anyone could say that a guy like Chad Johnson isn't a cancer when he hit his HC in the face in a playoff game just defies logic in my eyes.

Also, if you look into Chad's history going all the way back to HS, he's had major problems with every HC he has ever had since then. He just hides it better and it doesn't get talked about as much because he does the end zone dances and all of the corky stuff for attention that some fans like for some reason. They did a documentary in which Chad was involved in years ago that talked all about all of the attitude problems he had in HS, then in college, and it's no surprise that it's happened for the majority of the time with Marvin Lewis. People who bash Lewis as a HC seem to forget how well he started out. It was Chad Johnson and a few other bad apples in that organization that brought that team down over the years. Marvin should have been fired, but when you see a guy that's had problems his whole life with every HC, it's fairly obvious that his ego is way out of wack and he's a selfish player that isn't about his team.
Old 06-18-2011   #91
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, we thinkin' about gettin' TO AND OchoNumeroUno?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011   #92
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I have searched and cannot find these quotes. Can you send me a link?

Why are you talking about his 2008 season as if it is representative of his career?

2001 329

2002 1,166

2003 1,355

2004 1,274

2005 1,432

2006 1,369

2007 1,440

2008 540

2009 1,047

2010 831

Those are his yearly receiving totals. 2008 was his worst year outside of his rookie year. That does not represent Chad Johnson.
Old 06-18-2011   #93
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Why are you talking about his 2008 season as if it is representative of his career?

2001 329

2002 1,166

2003 1,355

2004 1,274

2005 1,432

2006 1,369

2007 1,440

2008 540

2009 1,047

2010 831

Those are his yearly receiving totals. 2008 was his worst year outside of his rookie year. That does not represent Chad Johnson.
Why should I have to do the work for you?? This stuff is all over google. Most of it is any way. This was all over the news going into the 2009 season where he said all of this and talked all about how he rededicated himself going into 2009 where he did play better. I'll give him that much, but that clearly shows that he's a selfish player that will quit when he's unhappy when he's capable of much more.

And good grief why would you pull out his entire career of stats as if what he did 8 years ago is anything indicative of what he's capable of "today?" Look at his last 3 seasons and what do you have? You've got one good season for a #1 WR and it wasn't exactly great either. But in the last three you've got one season where he admittedly wasn't playing hard and dogged it, and then one good season, and then last year where he had his boy TO in there to take pressure off of him and Jordan Shipley to help as well and he puts up 831 yards and like 4 TD's. Then he's back to bashing his coach at the end of the year and in the off season publicly and he's violating his contract by riding bulls for self promotion.

It amazes me that people wanted Dunta out of here so bad, but yet all you guys want to bring in a team cancer like Chad Johnson who has berated his HC for years and even assaulted him. And we're talking about a guy that isn't even producing big time anymore. There are much better team guys out there that would be a better fit than a guy who has never had a good relationship with any coaches throughout his career since HS.

Here is a link to him saying he didn't dedicate himself to the season. This is just one quote from an old article. He said this and more on ESPN several times before the 2009 season and you can find that stuff anywhere. Read below.

"Ochocinco says his interview with the NFL Network shouldn't be interpreted that he "tanked" last season on purpose. He says he simply didn't work as hard as he usually does in the offseason and thought he could still put up big-time numbers. But the lack of weightlifting led to a separated shoulder."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...c-0e452ce3380b

Now again he came back and had a good season in 2009, which was pretty telling that he packed it in and didn't care about the 2008 season because he was upset that he wasn't traded. He became a team cancer as usual and quit that year. And after that 2010 season (Last year) what happened again? He was doing reality shows and he didn't perform well at all even with TO there to take pressure away. And what has he done since last season? Well he's bashed Marvin Lewis at the end of the season and has all off season and he's trying to talk about all of these other teams he wants to play for just like he did going into the 2008 season. There are articles all over the web you can find that talk about what a distraction and team cancer the guy was to the Bengals for years. I don't know why several of you have acted like this is new news that I made up or something. Hell within just 2 minutes I was able to find old thread in Bengals forums where all kinds of posters talked about being upset that he publicly admitted that he didn't play hard.
Old 06-18-2011   #94
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I gave you the link before. Here is another link of an ex Bengals player talking about Chad Johnson assaulting the coaching staff.

PFT had a YouTube video of the interview that's since been taken down. Fortunately, they did jot down some quotes before it magically disappeared. Here's what Smith said of Johnson:

“He swung on Marvin. . . . [Johnson] shattered the training room glass. . . . He swung on Marvin [and] hit Marvin in the eye. . . . Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who’s now in Baltimore.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl-70610

And this was in the middle of a playoff game, yet people want a guy like this to come here? Anyone wanting Chad here knowing this shouldn't have a problem at all with bringing Haynesworth, Moss, To, or any other player with a poor history of being cancerish then.
Old 06-18-2011   #95
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Facts can be pesky little things can't they.

You obviously have no ability to explain yourself and I don't see why anyone would expect any more at this point. You lie about threads you participated in, then spin what's already there, and then come back saying blah blah blah instead of responding to what "You asked about."

Weak sauce.
Blah blah blah?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #96
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Blah blah blah?
Old 06-20-2011   #97
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

wtf is this thread about?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #98
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
wtf is this thread about?
whining and how terrible ochocinco is...
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #99
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

There's nothing to worry about here. Andre can get Chad all pumped up, Chad's agent can put in a call to the Texans when that is OK again, and Rick can decide not to return the calls.

Problem solved.
Old 06-20-2011   #100
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
There's nothing to worry about here. Andre can get Chad all pumped up, Chad's agent can put in a call to the Texans when that is OK again, and Rick can decide not to return the calls.

Problem solved.
Actually, unless something changes shortly after the lockout ends (which is not impossible), the call Rick would decide not to make would be to the Bengals, since Chad is still under contract to them.

Given the Bengals refusal to trade Chad to the Redskins for two first round picks prior to the '08 season (allegedly), and their apparent willingness to let Carson Palmer retire without even attempting to get something for him in trade, I don't see it as a given that Chad will be taking his skills to someplace other than Cincy next season. Chad may want badly to play for another team, and there may be other teams who would be willing to let that happen, but right now, the only person determining if Chad will play for The Bengals or somebody else in 2011 is Mike Brown.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read