Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-16-2011   #61
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre recruiting Ochocinco, and Cromartie???

Mike Brown isn't old-school...he's incompetent. He's probably the cheapest owner in the NFL and there's a reason Bengals fans hate him...it's not because of Chad Johnson.
Old 06-16-2011   #62
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Do you not know how to disagree with someone without sounding like you think the other guy who you disagree with is stupid?
Didn't call anyone stupid or suggest that once. Uninformed maybe. You're a fan as you have stated earlier and you just don't like the truth of what was stated. And considering the fact that I've had quite a few insults flung at me from you personally in the past, well you're really not in any position to be taken seriously on posting etiquette for the record.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #63
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Mike Brown isn't old-school...he's incompetent. He's probably the cheapest owner in the NFL and there's a reason Bengals fans hate him...it's not because of Chad Johnson.

Being cheap has nothing to do with whether or not he is old school. And the majority of Bengals fans I've talked to can't stand Chad Johnson and want him out of there.
Old 06-16-2011   #64
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Didn't call anyone stupid or suggest that once. Uninformed maybe. You're a fan as you have stated earlier and you just don't like the truth of what was stated. And considering the fact that I've had quite a few insults flung at me from you personally in the past, well you're really not in any position to be taken seriously on posting etiquette for the record.
That right there. Just b/c you have an opinion doesn't make it fact. Just like mine.

And the only time I get personnel is when someone makes it personnel. Your posts come across harsh and insulting even if that is not what you mean them to be.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #65
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That right there. Just b/c you have an opinion doesn't make it fact. Just like mine.
I stated several facts in that initial post that backed up my stance. There is a difference in disagreeing with what someone said, and when someone is saying something that is just false and then presenting several facts in history that discredit the previous notion. That's exactly what I did, and again I think the only reason why you have a problem is because we're referring to someone that you are a fan of by your own admission.

Quote:
And the only time I get personnel is when someone makes it personnel. Your posts come across harsh and insulting even if that is not what you mean them to be.
I'm sorry, but when I'm hearing this from someone who has attacked me several times very "harshly" as you put it and "directly insulted" me in the past for pathetic reasons such as stating that the Texans offense wasn't as good as people were claiming, I can't take your criticism that seriously. Maybe if you followed your own advice this would come off as more genuine, but I've experienced what you're describing from yourself far to many times to feel like you aren't being hypocritical here.
Old 06-16-2011   #66
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you serious with this? Either you've paid hardly any attention to this guy and the Bengals for years or your just a huge fan that's in denial of anything this guy does.

Ya know, it is possible that the guy you're responding to just simply hasn't followed Chad throughout his career. You could link some stories to support your assertions and present the evidence that led you to your low opinion of Chad, instead of presenting it like everyone who likes football should know everything about this one player.

I personally was unaware of several things you mentioned, but I have been an avid fan of the NFL for only 3 years.
Old 06-16-2011   #67
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Ya know, it is possible that the guy you're responding to just simply hasn't followed Chad throughout his career.
I think it's highly probable actually considering the history of the player we're discussing. Stating that Chad Johnson's never been a distraction to the Bengals organization is like saying that Pac Man Jones has never acted like a criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You could link some stories to support your assertions and present the evidence that led you to your low opinion of Chad, instead of presenting it like everyone who likes football should know everything about this one player.

I personally was unaware of several things you mentioned, but I have been an avid fan of the NFL for only 3 years.
I personally don't know how you couldn't be aware of the majority of those bullet points I presented with as public as Chad has been throughout his career. Google would be an easy outlet to find quite a bit of it if you're really interested, but none of that stuff was difficult to hear about. It was all over the news just about every time other than some of the comments here and there from Palmer and Houshmenzadeh which came from interviews in some cases.

To say that Chad Johnson has never been a distraction to his team is so far off that I just can't see how someone could have paid much attention to the guy to have that position when he hit Marvin Lewis in the face and also took a swing at offensive coach Hue Jackson at halftime in a playoff game, had a huge feud with the organization that was very public, and where he even admitted that he wasn't in it for a full season practically after his horrible 2008 season. Google could probably lead you to these moments in history if you're really that interested, but I'm not sure how easy it all would be to find years later. Everything I mentioned was highly publicized as Chad makes everything very public just to have his name out there whether it's positive or negative and the media is always right there to publicize it since he's controversial.
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2011   #68
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting back on topic, I don't think Chad would be a "distraction" or "cancer" for our team. It seems like him and Dre like jawing back and forth in a friendly way. I think they'd have fun playing together but at the same time when it gets down to business... Chad knows AJ is a beast and the #1 on the team as a player and leader. Personally I think we could use a little excitement.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #69
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i love Ochio but we already got our Knuckle head on our team is anyone forgetting

J Jones i think with this lookout teh coaches would trust him more then Ochio since Jones pretty much already knows our offensive
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #70
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i love Ochio but we already got our Knuckle head on our team is anyone forgetting

J Jones i think with this lookout teh coaches would trust him more then Ochio since Jones pretty much already knows our offensive
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #71
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby Jones should never ever be allowed near a football field ever again.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #72
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I stated several facts in that initial post that backed up my stance. There is a difference in disagreeing with what someone said, and when someone is saying something that is just false and then presenting several facts in history that discredit the previous notion. That's exactly what I did, and again I think the only reason why you have a problem is because we're referring to someone that you are a fan of by your own admission.

I'm sorry, but when I'm hearing this from someone who has attacked me several times very "harshly" as you put it and "directly insulted" me in the past for pathetic reasons such as stating that the Texans offense wasn't as good as people were claiming, I can't take your criticism that seriously. Maybe if you followed your own advice this would come off as more genuine, but I've experienced what you're describing from yourself far to many times to feel like you aren't being hypocritical here.
You sure you are not confusing me with someone else?

And if I did was it because you had just posted yet another absolute about how you were right and everyone else was wrong?

Old 06-16-2011   #73
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You sure you are not confusing me with someone else?
If you're going to chastise, then own your own material at least. I'm not confusing you with anyone and it wasn't long ago that you had what I'd call a full blown meltdown in here because you didn't like my criticisms of the Texans offense and in that thread as well I posted several statistics to illustrate my stance as I have in this one. You basically said that you hated me and even made a personal threat if I'm not mistaken, so stop acting like I'm imagining things here. Don't throw stones if you're in a glass house.

Quote:
And if I did was it because you had just posted yet another absolute about how you were right and everyone else was wrong?
Well if a strong opinion with conviction upsets you, then a message board may not be the proper place for you unfortunately. I don't know about "everyone" being wrong, but if I post my opinion then generally I think I'm right as do most people. That's why I"m giving my perspective. In this thread it was stated that Chad Johnson has never caused a distraction to his team or that he's never quit on his team, and given the facts both of those statements are wrong period unless you're going to completely change the definition of what distraction means or that you're going to pretend that Chad Johnson didn't admit to not working out before the 2008 season or trying that hard in the season himself. Either way those were false statements proven by facts.
Old 06-16-2011   #74
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
If you're going to chastise, then own your own material at least. I'm not confusing you with anyone and it wasn't long ago that you had what I'd call a full blown meltdown in here because you didn't like my criticisms of the Texans offense and in that thread as well I posted several statistics to illustrate my stance as I have in this one. You basically said that you hated me and even made a personal threat if I'm not mistaken, so stop acting like I'm imagining things here. Don't throw stones if you're in a glass house.

Well if a strong opinion with conviction upsets you, then a message board may not be the proper place for you unfortunately. I don't know about "everyone" being wrong, but if I post my opinion then generally I think I'm right as do most people. That's why I"m giving my perspective. In this thread it was stated that Chad Johnson has never caused a distraction to his team or that he's never quit on his team, and given the facts both of those statements are wrong period unless you're going to completely change the definition of what distraction means or that you're going to pretend that Chad Johnson didn't admit to not working out before the 2008 season or trying that hard in the season himself. Either way those were false statements proven by facts.
The only thread I can think of that you are talking about is the "Our offense is way over rated" thread.

And if that is what you are talking about then you are thinking of DocBar. You two were going back and forth the entire thread.

I have never threatened anyone or said I hated them on here so if you could give me something a little more specific I would appreciate it.

Old 06-16-2011   #75
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The only thread I can think of that you are talking about is the "Our offense is way over rated" thread.

And if that is what you are talking about then you are thinking of DocBar. You two were going back and forth the entire thread.
No it was not that thread. It was a similar one though. Same topic basically. It was you, and I'm not confusing you one bit. The thread you're referring to was one that went on for like 17 pages and I was not all over that thread either. I posted on a few pages towards the end of it and yeah Doc Bar got extremely chippy in that thread.

Quote:
I have never threatened anyone or said I hated them on here so if you could give me something a little more specific I would appreciate it.
I don't see how you couldn't remember. You went on and on for several posts and got really vile. I'd bring back the thread, but I don't remember the title of it. It had to do with the Texans offense though. It wasn't that long ago.
Old 06-16-2011   #76
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Texecutioner and TEXANRED remember past threads they argue in about as well as Cromartie remembers his children's names.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #77
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Looks like Texecutioner and TEXANRED remember past threads they argue in about as well as Cromartie remembers his children's names.
I don't know what the heck he is talking about.

I will have to search my post history later.

Old 06-16-2011   #78
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
No it was not that thread. It was a similar one though. Same topic basically. It was you, and I'm not confusing you one bit. The thread you're referring to was one that went on for like 17 pages and I was not all over that thread either. I posted on a few pages towards the end of it and yeah Doc Bar got extremely chippy in that thread.

I don't see how you couldn't remember. You went on and on for several posts and got really vile. I'd bring back the thread, but I don't remember the title of it. It had to do with the Texans offense though. It wasn't that long ago.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...94#post1646294

The last time we had gotten into it was 2-2-2011. 5 months ago. How the hell am I supposed to remember something from 5 months ago?

And the only reason you got blasted was the same reasoning that I responded to you this time. Its the "I'm right and if you don't agree with me you all are stupid" posts.

You said I was dumb and I should go educate myself.

While yes I probably could have been less of a child about my response to you being a child to me, you still need to slack up a little bit on how you respond sometimes. Your responses are the same every time.

I want to hear your opinion. I like to read how people differ in their views then my own. Sometimes my mind is changed, sometimes not.

So if I hurt your feelings 5 months ago, I'm sorry.

Old 06-16-2011   #79
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

If we do get ochio cinco. There is a good chance we will have to trade or cut fan favorites ..... J jones and david Anderson

David Anderson I wouldn't mind his destiny is to be our future sports radio host IMO

But at this point. Who is the better WR. Jones or cinco ????

In terms of stats I think j jones was acctually better then Chad last year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011   #80
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...94#post1646294

The last time we had gotten into it was 2-2-2011. 5 months ago. How the hell am I supposed to remember something from 5 months ago?

And the only reason you got blasted was the same reasoning that I responded to you this time. Its the "I'm right and if you don't agree with me you all are stupid" posts.

You said I was dumb and I should go educate myself.

While yes I probably could have been less of a child about my response to you being a child to me, you still need to slack up a little bit on how you respond sometimes. Your responses are the same every time.

I want to hear your opinion. I like to read how people differ in their views then my own. Sometimes my mind is changed, sometimes not.

So if I hurt your feelings 5 months ago, I'm sorry.
Talk about a complete spin on your part. You are just weak sauce honestly.

Own up to your own behavior, before passing judgement on anyone else because you come off as a flat out fraud here. First off you come in here bitching in a very hypocritical fascion all because you didn't like what I had to say about Chad Johnson even though I provided several facts and examples as to why. No counter points even attempted on the subject.

Then when I mentioned you needing to follow your own advice when trying to tell other posters about manners and being polite since you like to dish it out but can't take it, you act all innocent like you have no idea what I'm talking about this entire time. Of course I didn't believe one word of your drivel saying you couldn't remember either. Funny coincidence you found the thread that you claimed to have no idea about with no problem and then come back saying "it was 5 months ago." Lol! You aren't fooling anybody dude.

And once you do, you come back acting as if I attacked you when you were the guy that started throwing face palms around without even attempting a real argument and just had a tantrum in that very thread. Some of your posts were so vile in that thread they were deleted from what I can tell. If you're going to dish it out, then learn how to take it in return. It seems like every time you try quoting me or have an issue with my stance, you throw a few digs and jabs without any valid argument what so ever on the subject, and then whine like a big baby when you can't articulate an argument with substance.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read