Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-13-2011   #21
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre recruiting Ochocinco, and Cromartie???

It'd be prerequisite that he change his name back to Johnson so we could make Johnson & Johnson jokes.

There are guys at both positions who I'd prefer (i.e. Steve Smith, Richard Marshall), but I certainly wouldn't be upset if we signed Johnson or Cromartie.
Old 06-13-2011   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The offense is not the problem with this team, so I'm not sold on Ochocinco improving that chemistry more than he'd disrupt it.

We need good defenders if this team is going to make the playoffs. Taking up cap room with Ochocinco is not achieving that objective.
Old 06-13-2011   #23
Ckw

I'd love it and think Ochocinco and Cromartie would be a blast to watch in Steel Blue and Battle Red.

Probably won't happen though with the Boy Scout Club in charge of the organization.

Last edited by Ckw; 06-13-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2011   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

How does the addition of Chad Johnson (I refuse to call that dimwit by his idiotic nickname) compare with what we got out of adding say.... Eric Moulds? Maybe he's got more left in the tank than Moulds did when he came here but it feels so similar to me that I see no reason to try it. I already know what happens when you put an older WR who's lost a step opposite Andre Johnson.
Old 06-13-2011   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
I'd love it and thing Ochocinco and Cromartie would be a blast to watch in Steel Blue and Battle Red.

Probably won't happen though with the Boy Scout Club in charge of the organization.
Pretty much my feelings exactly.

Offense hasn't really done anything to get better and barring the progression of a player like Dorin Dickerson they might have actually regressed a bit (having not re-signed Vonta and all)...

Free Agency would be an excellent opprotunity to improve our offense and defense going into next season. And by us not having drafted any talent to make an impact on our offense I would not mind them going after a WR to add to the weaponary....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #26
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
How does the addition of Chad Johnson (I refuse to call that dimwit by his idiotic nickname) compare with what we got out of adding say.... Eric Moulds? Maybe he's got more left in the tank than Moulds did when he came here but it feels so similar to me that I see no reason to try it. I already know what happens when you put an older WR who's lost a step opposite Andre Johnson.
Carr vs Schaub is reason enough for me to believe that there would be a difference...

I think Moulds probably is a lot more productive is Mr. Mittens isnt throwing him the ball...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #27
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
I'd love it and thing Ochocinco and Cromartie would be a blast to watch in Steel Blue and Battle Red.

I don't think either one of them are gay.

Old 06-13-2011   #28
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I wish the Texans would do this. We haven't accomplished anything as a franchise, so why not take a flyer on Chad Johnson/Ochocinco?
I agree, why not? Chad is still a good WR and Cromartie is better than what we have...but If I had a choice to get these two guys OR just Nnamdi, i'm choosing Nnamdi.

Cromartie would come here, he'll just follow the money and Chad would be happy to get out of Cincy any ways. So it's nice to have options, hopefully the Texans do something this offseason...hopefully there will be a offseason...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The offense is not the problem with this team, so I'm not sold on Ochocinco improving that chemistry more than he'd disrupt it.

We need good defenders if this team is going to make the playoffs. Taking up cap room with Ochocinco is not achieving that objective.
I could see doing it, but I pretty much agree with this. MUCH rather have Aso and Cromartie, if that were possible. That's the dream right now, because my goal would be to find a secondary mix that can actually shut down our passing game in practice, including the TE(s). THAT's a defense.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I could see doing it, but I pretty much agree with this. MUCH rather have Aso and Cromartie, if that were possible. That's the dream right now, because my goal would be to find a secondary mix that can actually shut down our passing game in practice, including the TE(s). THAT's a defense.
A man can dream!....

I'd actually become blindly optimistic if the Texans could pull off both Aso and Cromartie. That addition, along with Wade's control of the defense and the players already on staff, would give me the confidence as a fan that we are going in the right direction.

[/dreaming]
Old 06-13-2011   #31
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
A man can dream!....

I'd actually become blindly optimistic if the Texans could pull off both Aso and Cromartie. That addition, along with Wade's control of the defense and the players already on staff, would give me the confidence as a fan that we are going in the right direction.

[/dreaming]
Now tell them bastards to end the lockout!
Old 06-13-2011   #32
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Now tell them bastards to end the lockout!
DB, they're working on it! I think...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #33
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He wasn't even a good #2 WR to TO this season and TO played lights out for most of the year. Chad's had one big season in his last 3 seasons. The Texans need to resign Vonte Leach as their first priority on offense to keep their running game intact and need to focus all their resources on defense as far as other players go.

The last thing they need to do is to sign a guy who wants attention so badly that he tries to ride bulls and goes on VH1 reality shows. It's a reason why Palmer hates playing with the Bengals so badly that he might retire. Chad's a big part of that.
Indeed.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #34
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #35
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not even a fan of a guy like Andre hanging out with these losers, let alone recruiting them.
Old 06-13-2011   #36
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I'm not even a fan of a guy like Andre hanging out with these losers, let alone recruiting them.
AJ is a Miami boy. A Hurricane. Trust me when i say he's been around much much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #37
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Good point.
Old 06-14-2011   #38
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone remember what Cincy was like before Chad Johnson (ochocinco)? They were horrible. Ochocinco, changed the attitude there, though, when he declared a guaranteed victory over the Houston Texans (of all teams). They then changed as a team and the year after that, made the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

You can say what you want, but it has been said by all of his teammates that Ochocinco is a great teammate. All except for Palmer, but he's just butt hurt because he isn't as good as the media was making him out to be. That QB has always been overrated. If you go back and look at his INTs they are absolutely sickening, and Chad would call him out because he was getting tired of it.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #39
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Does anyone remember what Cincy was like before Chad Johnson (ochocinco)? They were horrible. Ochocinco, changed the attitude there, though, when he declared a guaranteed victory over the Houston Texans (of all teams). They then changed as a team and the year after that, made the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

You can say what you want, but it has been said by all of his teammates that Ochocinco is a great teammate. All except for Palmer, but he's just butt hurt because he isn't as good as the media was making him out to be. That QB has always been overrated. If you go back and look at his INTs they are absolutely sickening, and Chad would call him out because he was getting tired of it.
This is like the "Is it Carr or is it the offensive line?" debate.

I hear what you're saying. I just don't think Chad really cares as much about football as other WRs do. For as much as Palmer might be mascarading as an NFL caliber QB when he's not, I think the same might be said of Chad Johnson.

It's possible that BOTH of those guys are a step behind. It doesn't have to be an either/or situation.
Old 06-14-2011   #40
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be opposed to Ochocinco, to be honest. Of couse I will have to include the usual, "for the right price". I think Chad 85 would be coming here BECAUSE of Andre. He likes to have fun, every wideout wants to be the main focus, but if he does sign here... it's one of those situations that he KNOWS Andre is the main man but that 85 should see a lot of looks. As a #2 and him hanging out with Andre, I think we'd be just fine. I wouldn't want him as a #1 though.

This kind of goes with Cromartie. I think he's vastly overrated as a #1 CB, just as Ochocinco is at WR. We'd be looking from Cromartie to fill the #1 spot and while that would be an improvement, I don't have the feeling our defense is overwhelmingly better. If the Texans choose to go with Cromartie AND a safety like Weddle, then I'd say our secondary is much improved.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read