Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-13-2011   #1
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre recruiting Ochocinco, and Cromartie???

Starts off with Ochocinco

@johnson80 I want to whoop your ass just because I can!!!

Then Andre
@ochocinco here u go again. When ever u ready

Ochocinco
I'm gone whoop your ass until your account is unverified!!! RT @johnson80

johnson80 andre johnson
@ochocinco u no what I have a better idea. Come play with me in Texas then we can fight everyday. Lol

Okay, I love this idea RT @johnson80

Then Antonio
@ochocinco @johnson80 yeah I like it too.
Then I can shutdown both of u guys in Practice lol...jus playing

I'm not lets go RT @A_Cromartie31

http://twitter.com/#!/A_Cromartie31
http://twitter.com/#!/johnson80
http://twitter.com/#!/ochocinco
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #2
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre recruiting Ochocinco, and Cromartie???

@johnson80 I mean I already know Wades Defense
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Andre recruiting Ochocinco, and Cromartie???

I would possibly be willing to take the headache if we could fit them under an imaginary cap with reasonable contracts.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

That's interesting. I wonder if it means anything. Ochocinco and Cromartie are both from Florida. Ocho is from Miami, Cromartie is from Tallahassee. Also, Cromartie went to Florida State, so it is likely that he has some sort of relationship with AJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I would possibly be willing to take the headache if we could fit them under an imaginary cap with reasonable contracts.
I think AJ might be one of two or three guys who could grab Ocho by the facemask and get him in check.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Starts off with Ochocinco

@johnson80 I want to whoop your ass just because I can!!!

Then Andre
@ochocinco here u go again. When ever u ready

Ochocinco
I'm gone whoop your ass until your account is unverified!!! RT @johnson80

johnson80 andre johnson
@ochocinco u no what I have a better idea. Come play with me in Texas then we can fight everyday. Lol

Okay, I love this idea RT @johnson80

Then Antonio
@ochocinco @johnson80 yeah I like it too.
Then I can shutdown both of u guys in Practice lol...jus playing

I'm not lets go RT @A_Cromartie31

http://twitter.com/#!/A_Cromartie31
http://twitter.com/#!/johnson80
http://twitter.com/#!/ochocinco
If that were to happen, we would book flights to the Super Bowl. As Texans fans, we've been conditioned to never expect something that awesome.

One can always dream.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Ocho stinko isn't even that good of a WR anymore. He's more worried about attention and self promotion than he is football. Been that way for years. Would hate to see him on this team. If the Texans went in a direction like that Steve Smith would be a much better option.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Either Cromartie would greatly help this secondary. Ochocinco might not be great, but as a #2 opposite AJ, he might do OK. Although, I would much rather see the Texans spend that money on Sindey Rice if they can get him. Even Steve Breaston could put up the numbers of Ochocinco for a third of the cost.
Old 06-13-2011   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take both of them. They'd both be upgrades.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #9
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8095 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ochocinco?

VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Glover Quin Jr
@ochocinco @A_Cromartie31 @ochocinco @johnson80
come on so we can win this super bowl and celebrate.. that feeling look special last night

Glover Quin Jr
@ochocinco @A_Cromartie31 @johnson80 lets bring a trophy to Houston..
Old 06-13-2011   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish the Texans would do this. We haven't accomplished anything as a franchise, so why not take a flyer on Chad Johnson/Ochocinco?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #12
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd prefer Smith/Breasten to Ocho as well..Smiths a feisty SOB
Old 06-13-2011   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't mind if the Texans signed those guys. Sure Chad can be an ass at times, but opposite AJ, I think it would make him a damn good number 2 receiver. He's not as good as he used to be, but I think hes a better option than what the Texans currently have. I don't think it will happen though.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Wouldn't mind if the Texans signed those guys. Sure Chad can be an ass at times, but opposite AJ, I think it would make him a damn good number 2 receiver. He's not as good as he used to be, but I think hes a better option than what the Texans currently have. I don't think it will happen though.
He wasn't even a good #2 WR to TO this season and TO played lights out for most of the year. Chad's had one big season in his last 3 seasons. The Texans need to resign Vonte Leach as their first priority on offense to keep their running game intact and need to focus all their resources on defense as far as other players go.

The last thing they need to do is to sign a guy who wants attention so badly that he tries to ride bulls and goes on VH1 reality shows. It's a reason why Palmer hates playing with the Bengals so badly that he might retire. Chad's a big part of that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Breaston or Smith.
Old 06-13-2011   #16
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
If that were to happen, we would book flights to the Super Bowl. As Texans fans, we've been conditioned to never expect something that awesome.

One can always dream.
We'd definitely be good. I wouldn't mind Ochocinco on this team. If he would have played a full season last year, he may have gotten to 1,000 yards. No doubt him and AJ could both get to 1000 yards in this offense. He'd be a better #2 than Jacoby or Walter. And Cromartie would help on defense, since I doubt we land ASO, though one can dream. Texans need to do this. What's the worst that can happen?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He wasn't even a good #2 WR to TO this season and TO played lights out for most of the year. Chad's had one big season in his last 3 seasons. The Texans need to resign Vonte Leach as their first priority on offense to keep their running game intact and need to focus all their resources on defense as far as other players go.

The last thing they need to do is to sign a guy who wants attention so badly that he tries to ride bulls and goes on VH1 reality shows. It's a reason why Palmer hates playing with the Bengals so badly that he might retire. Chad's a big part of that.
Yeah, IMO though, he is better than what we have now...you never know. Hes not my first choice that's for damn sure, but I would like to see what he could do here, on the cheap that is.

I definitely agree with resigning Vonta, he is a huge asset to the running game. That guy can lay down some vicious blocks.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chad and AJ are close. If theres anyone who can get Chad to play up to his remaining potentila, its AJ.
Old 06-13-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh. No thanks.

All the banter back and forth is fun, to kill all this dead time, but in reality the acquisition of Chad Johnson means a significant number of passes deferred/re-routed from our other receivers and targeted for Chad Johnson. I'm not all that enthralled with what I have seen from Chad Johnson. He seems to bring his teammates down, rather than building them up.

What's his contract status like anyways? Would he have be traded for? Even if he was a free agent, what is he going to want? Would Bob McNair want him and his shenanigans? Remember: This is the guy who flirts with NFL fines every week he scores a TD--Is that really what Bob wants? No, it's not. Easy answer.

I think we avoid Cromartie for obvious reasons, as well.

Bob McNair wants tio guard public perception very closely. He's handling this thing like all his players are on scholarships that can be yanked at any time for undesirable behavior on and off the field. Hell, he even had a sit-down with Mario Williams over racing cars.

This is fun stuff to kill time. To play the "what if???" games, etc.

In reality, Kubiak and McNair don't want to risk blowing up an already consistent and reliable passing game. It has more risk than reward attached to it. For every crack head Bud Adams has on his roster, we have 20 solid, Good Citizen type players to match it. Don't think for a second that Bob doesn't hold that ratio in high esteem and as a middle finger to Bud and his crew in Tennessee. Bob's philosophy is that the good guys are gonna' win in the end. Maybe 250 years from now, but you get the drift. LOL.

That's what made the Mavs win so great: Those guys didn't ditch their long-term teams to go play in Dallas for a one-season title run--They had been there awhile, slowly plugging away and choppin' wood as a t-e-a-m. Bosh and James tried to guarantee a ring, and almost did, but lost to the Mavs who had an aging Jason Kidd and a sick-for-two-games and older Dirk Nowitzki who is a flat-footed perimeter shooter who is slow as hell when he moves to the basket. The ironies are so thick. And that's what I hope happens with the Texans: That we're actually about to break the sound barrier and do something different, and we'll have done it without being the thugs that the Titans and the Jags are. And without the crybaby give-me-the-call-ref! antics of The Forehead in Indy.

Go Schaub! Go Foster! Go Andre! Go Texans! Chad Johnson can't be a part of that, IMO. Doesn't fit.
Old 06-13-2011   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

It is going to take cash for these two.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read