Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-28-2011   #1681
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
On Clements, to clarify, 49ers save $7.25M cash (base salary) and $15M in cap space. But I'd be surprised at this point if they get Nnamdi
Yeah but they're the 9ers. We or them are going to walk away today with a really good CB.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1682
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
LOL @ the twitter reports in a row.
lol
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1683
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I thought their #2 was Rousch? Who's now the 1

Coulda sworn its CJ. I'm not 100% sure, I guess.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1684
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
Dammit.....

John Clayton:
The 49ers release of cornerback Nate Clements clears $15.7 million of cap room. That should put them in the Nnamdi hunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
On Clements, to clarify, 49ers save $7.25M cash (base salary) and $15M in cap space. But I'd be surprised at this point if they get Nnamdi
I love how the talking heads say the exact same thing, and then say the exact opposite
Old 07-28-2011   #1685
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

2 different reports from 2 different guys, ha.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton
The 49ers release of cornerback Nate Clements clears $15.7 million of cap room. That should put them in the Nnamdi hunt

J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1686
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
evansilva Evan Silva
#49ers have reportedly entered the pursuit of Johnathan Joseph, on heels of report #Texans are favorites for Asomugha.
OMG! Mass hysteria! Dogs n cats sleeping together!

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1687
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 7912 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2011   #1688
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

It was Stanford Routt wasn't it, or was he their safety?
Coulda sworn it was
CB1 Nnamdi
CB2 Stanford
CB3 CJ
Old 07-28-2011   #1689
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
brilliant
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1690
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Nearly 300 posts to go
Old 07-28-2011   #1691
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Coulda sworn it was
CB1 Nnamdi
CB2 Stanford
CB3 CJ
Stanford Routt was there corner, and this looks right. Even though I think CJ and Routt switched very often.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1692
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

evansilva Evan Silva
Nnamdi Asomugha bidding now looks to be a 2-horse race: #Texans (reported new favorites) vs #Jetshttp://bit.ly/evoWSJ
Old 07-28-2011   #1693
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I will not be Bodden'ed. It'll be what it'll be when it'll be. I trust the Texans will fix the secondary this year. They have succeeded in fixing a position year by year. Merely signing anybody means nothing at this point. Let's see what happens on Sundays.

FYI, I was easily able to re-up my season tickets just now. I think the Texans are doing all they can. Who gives a hoot who's playing CB. Nobody's above the team on Sundays.
Old 07-28-2011   #1694
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Just a question. Who was the #2 CB in Oakland and how did he do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Coulda sworn it was
CB1 Nnamdi
CB2 Stanford
CB3 CJ
Yes, Raiders just re-signed him to a 3yr $31.5M contract with $20M guaranteed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
2 different reports from 2 different guys, ha.

ClaytonESPN John Clayton

They're off a tad on the cap savings but that's understandable, not a biggee. Both of their opinions are valid IMO. Clayton thinks this cap savings puts them in the hunt for Nnamdi. He's right. LaCanfora would be surprised if the Niners land Nnamdi. That's his opinion and just as valid as someone saying they'd be surprised if the Jets or Texans got Nnamdi.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1695
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
JimIrsay Jim Irsay
We didn't make a NFL record 9 straight playoff births with bad cap management n dumb signings of other people's problems,we like 2 pay r own
But Jim Irsay...

You made the playoffs because of 18. Don't get it twisted, mfer.
Old 07-28-2011   #1696
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn...now I'm getting my hopes up.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1697
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Damn...now I'm getting my hopes up.
I know. I told myself I wasnt going to be more than carefully optimistic.
Old 07-28-2011   #1698
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Does the most users ever online (1493) get topped if we sign Nnamdi?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1699
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets board mentioning that Schefter thinks it is still Jets. Also saw link to how Revis and Aso are buddies and Revis doesn't care if Aso gets paid more than him.
Old 07-28-2011   #1700
J_R
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
But Jim Irsay...

You made the playoffs because of 18. Don't get it twisted, mfer.
Haha. Im not sure why I even posted that. Seems like a random tweet from him. I dont know.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read