Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-27-2011   #1361
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

LOL! It's midnight and there are 128 people viewing

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1362
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Everyone needs balance. The NSZ is about discipline, Free Agency prognostication is about flip flopping.
I thought the NSZ was about rigidly maintaining whatever position you went in there with while ignoring objective facts that might challenge your already established world view.

In other words, the flip flopping is the balance from regular NSZ visits.
Old 07-27-2011   #1363
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
The Colts had the #1 defense in the playoffs the year they won the SB and the Saints weren't bad either.

We aren't talking about yearly rankings....we're talking about a historically bad ranking here. On a yearly ranking you can't drop below 31 and 32. If you assess how bad Houston was historic wise defensively, (especially pass defense) they don't remotely compare to Indy or the Saints rankings the years they won the SB. They aren't even in the same stratosphere. No way in hell would Indy or the Saints win a SB if their defense was in the process of giving up hail Marys' or if they have CBs falling down everywhere.
This is a catchall post. Just because you can point to this or that doesn't alter the fact that the Texans have sucked on both sides of the ball when the chips were down. You can play it off as this or that, but it's a matter of record that neither side of the ball came to the rescue of the othr side often enough to get us into the playoffs. That's what matters. You can't go all Jets om people and win win playoff games you should lose by not being in the playoffs. The Jets got there and kicked ass. The Texans haven't even had a legitimate sniff at the playoffs. They remind me of the bunch of boys trying to get laid in Porky's.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1364
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
LOL! It's midnight and there are 128 people viewing
The last few nights this week shit has gone down after I went to sleep.
Old 07-28-2011   #1365
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations on being the fourth longest thread ever.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1366
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
Congratulations on being the fourth longest thread ever.
16th longest .... including the NSZ , No Sports & NSFW.

Last one to post wins being the longest with ..... 31,835 replies.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1367
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

And I thought I was anal about some things. LOL
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2011   #1368
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Damn, still 800 more replies until we catch up with the Moulds thread.

Man, were we really that excited about Eric Moulds?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1369
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 27237 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if us signing Butler, Jones, and Leinhart yesterday means we have an agreement with a CB, as if we knew we had money to work with. If true maybe we have a tentative deal with Leach based on us getting the CB for our current offer but still leaving the door open for bidding war. All just speculation but the tea leaves might be telling a story. The Leach front has been quite.
Old 07-28-2011   #1370
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I wonder if us signing Butler, Jones, and Leinhart yesterday means we have an agreement with a CB, as if we knew we had money to work with. If true maybe we have a tentative deal with Leach based on us getting the CB for our current offer but still leaving the door open for bidding war. All just speculation but the tea leaves might be telling a story. The Leach front has been quite.
Here's something interesting I just read and found interesting regarding the cap

Quote:
Some have contended that the Texans are limited in cap space, so these signings have made that situation worse...they are misinformed. NFL teams do not have to be under the salary cap, which will feel like $126 million, until August 4th. They’ll worry about whether they can land a premier free agent first, and if they do they’ll deal with restructuring contracts and cutting players to make room.

These deals do not hurt that salary cap issue. Butler’s deal was peanuts for the peace of mind he provides, and I would bet that Jones’ deal is structured so that most of his money hits the cap in 2012 and 2013, rather than this year.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1371
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
This is a catchall post. Just because you can point to this or that doesn't alter the fact that the Texans have sucked on both sides of the ball when the chips were down. You can play it off as this or that, but it's a matter of record that neither side of the ball came to the rescue of the othr side often enough to get us into the playoffs. That's what matters. You can't go all Jets om people and win win playoff games you should lose by not being in the playoffs. The Jets got there and kicked ass. The Texans haven't even had a legitimate sniff at the playoffs. They remind me of the bunch of boys trying to get laid in Porky's.
What are you talking about? I'm not talking about the Texans' whole entire history of their franchise here. The only thing relevant in this argument is last year and last year it wasn't their offense that held them back. BTW that offense did bring them back and even won them games last season. I'm sick of the woe is us Houston sports fan outlook. It reminds me of the people that piled on me because I said Arian Foster wasn't going to be Chris Taylor. BTW you do realize that Schaub has led more than his fair share of 4th quarter comebacks and last season the 4th quarter was one of his best quarters don't you?.

I do understand your frustration here, but I don't understand the direction of your criticism. The offense struggled at times, but it wasn't the problem. Field a defense that can force 3 and outs, turnovers, and short fields and then tell me how crappy this offense is or how bad Schaub is at operating in the 4th quarter. Every single season has it's own challenges and it's hard to compare one season to the next. It's like the people that act like Schaub cant lead us to the playoffs, but are more than willing to admit that if we had Rackers instead of Brown in '09, Schaub would've led us to the playoffs... It just doesn't make sense. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Things aren't as battle red rosie as some make it seem, but on the flip side, they aren't as remotely absolute shit (the sky is falling) either.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1372
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I see you 49er fans lurking in this thread.... Back off, he's ours
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1373
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
The question I have is, If the Texans DO have a CB on their radar, is he a game changer?
It looks to me pretty much like all those guys are already gone. No, the Texans remain true to form with no-name FA'a and building "the right way" through the draft. History predicts the future the Texans history is now and always. Gonna be a long year for the defense.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1374
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
The question I have is, If the Texans DO have a CB on their radar, is he a game changer?
It looks to me pretty much like all those guys are already gone. No, the Texans remain true to form with no-name FA'a and building "the right way" through the draft. History predicts the future the Texans history is now and always. Gonna be a long year for the defense.
The three best cornerbacks are still available.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1375
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Signing day is tomorrow! C'mon Nnamdi make an effin decision/announcement already! Hopefully we hear something my midday today.

...wonder if the Texans will do like they did to Reggie Bush and just go on to the next target if Aso takes too long.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1376
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Signing day is tomorrow! C'mon Nnamdi make an effin decision/announcement already! Hopefully we hear something my midday today.

...wonder if the Texans will do like they did to Reggie Bush and just go on to the next target if Aso takes too long.
Honestly if they can get Joseph by the end of the night I won't blame them if they did.

What you don't want to do is sit around while Nnamdi twiddle's his fingers and takes his time while everyone else signs. I'm betting other teams think that way too and hopefully there is some pressure on him to make that decision today.

Meanwhile Schefter said that the Jets are in the lead for Nnamdi and that they have the cap space to get it done.

If this is true and if it is true that Nnamdi really wants to go to the Jets then it should have been done. Instead you have Clayton saying Nnamdi might not make a decision until the weekend.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1377
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Honestly if they can get Joseph by the end of the night I won't blame them if they did.

What you don't want to do is sit around while Nnamdi twiddle's his fingers and takes his time while everyone else signs. I'm betting other teams think that way too and hopefully there is some pressure on him to make that decision today.

Meanwhile Schefter said that the Jets are in the lead for Nnamdi and that they have the cap space to get it done.

If this is true and if it is true that Nnamdi really wants to go to the Jets then it should have been done. Instead you have Clayton saying Nnamdi might not make a decision until the weekend.
I believe Nnamdi is waiting to see how much the price goes up by the time signing time begins.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1378
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Last one to post in the Nnamdi thread wins!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1379
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha, the thread is on page 69.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-9WeHDPV4

Oh, Billy.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #1380
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 92530 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I believe Nnamdi is waiting to see how much the price goes up by the time signing time begins.
I think he's watching this thread. When it gets to page 100 he will sign with us.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read