Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-27-2011   #1161
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

From LZ's twitter:

There are people in the Texans building who want Rick to sign 2 CBs in FA & not just one. Nate Clements could be one & C.Rogers the other?
2 hours 3 mins ago
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1162
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65390 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well as you know I'm a UT fan. I used to have an account on Orange Bloods. You ever scrolled that site? That's probably the worst forum I've ever been on. There is no moderating that board at all which makes it a free for all. The bickering and fighting in that place makes TT seem like "cumbaya session for peace." The homers over there are some of the most delusional sports fans I've ever come across. I have access to my buddy's account, so occasionally I peek my head in there and just read. When VY would get into some problems I'd usually see what was being said and every single time you'd hear so many random fans in there blaming every other person for his failures or his problems. I'm a huge VY fan, but in no way, shape or form would I just ignore the fact that he's made a ton of mistakes and horrible decisions. You'd have to read some of the stuff over there. It's beyond incredible.
I'll sometimes go to there when I want to troll people about college football. They come up with some of the best homer arguments for UT I have ever read.

In reality almost all fan forums are complete cesspools with everybody being complete pollyanna's or chicken little's with no in-between whatsoever. I mean, I'll usually read the Jaguars forum cause a lot of those guys that post in the AFCS section aren't that bad, but even the main forum is full of sunshine and ass kissing for their team (I got into an argument with a few people there after Derrick Harvey's 2nd year, and they still thought he would be as good as Mario), and the Titans forum is even worse.

TT is probably the best Texans forum on the net, but even sometimes this place can sound like a Dylan Gwinn show.
Old 07-27-2011   #1163
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

At the rate we are going we can use last years roster now.

Minus Bernard Pollard of course.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1164
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

First mention of Aso, on HT.com.

@NickScurfield

Quote:
Report: Texans, 49ers, Jets in mix for Asomugha

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1165
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65390 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Wow, what a scoop lol.
Old 07-27-2011   #1166
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This was part of my theory last night. Aso's agent done negotiating and things will slowly leak putting the Texans as the front runners.

que xfiles theme.....
Old 07-27-2011   #1167
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

it's official. he wins.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2011   #1168
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 315 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected

Would it be possible if we ended up with Cromartie, Joseph, and Sensabaugh?
BorrowMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1169
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Good lord, this thread will have as many posts as Aso gets in $$'s by Friday 5pm.
Old 07-27-2011   #1170
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Yeah there was. He was tweeting with AJ and OchoCinco, oddly enough, about coming to Houston to whoop their ass. He then talked about how he would be a good fit here because he knows Philips system
http://twitter.com/#!/A_Cromartie31

Now if I am correct, and this is all there is to twitter, where does it say that he mentions Houston?

I only see him congratulating J.J. on his new contract...
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1171
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Who is "@NickScurfield" and where does he get these Pulitzer worthy reports???
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1172
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think this is more of a PR move to let the fanbase know that the Texans are doing something. Maybe they sense the unrest among the fanbase.
Old 07-27-2011   #1173
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/A_Cromartie31

Now if I am correct, and this is all there is to twitter, where does it say that he mentions Houston?

I only see him congratulating J.J. on his new contract...
This was awhile ago. Maybe couple weeks or perhaps within the last month.
Quote:

Who is "@NickScurfield" and where does he get these Pulitzer worthy reports???
Works for HoustonTexans.com
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1174
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Wow, what a scoop lol.
No doubt, hes on the inside man....

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1175
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No doubt, hes on the inside man....
That report makes me feel even worse about Aso coming here.

"Hey guys, we TRIED!"
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1176
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
This was awhile ago. Maybe couple weeks or perhaps within the last month.
Hmm, do you mean when football was in jeopardy of losing the season? I bet now that free agency is back and there is a huge market for corners it might change his mind a little bit, don't you think?

By the way, that is Cromartie receiving his paycheck from any team that is willing to pay him the money he wants haha!
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1177
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Dude knows how to use Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/bobglauber

Give that man a raise!
Old 07-27-2011   #1178
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

LanceZierleinLance Zierlein
Keep in mind that Niners capologist is a Cal guy (same as Nnamdi) and Nnamdi is from the area with family rooted there. Will be SF or NYJ

1 minute ago

Ok we can close the thread now and open "Cormartie/Joseph and Houston" thread
Old 07-27-2011   #1179
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I'll sometimes go to there when I want to troll people about college football. They come up with some of the best homer arguments for UT I have ever read.

In reality almost all fan forums are complete cesspools with everybody being complete pollyanna's or chicken little's with no in-between whatsoever. I mean, I'll usually read the Jaguars forum cause a lot of those guys that post in the AFCS section aren't that bad, but even the main forum is full of sunshine and ass kissing for their team (I got into an argument with a few people there after Derrick Harvey's 2nd year, and they still thought he would be as good as Mario), and the Titans forum is even worse.

TT is probably the best Texans forum on the net, but even sometimes this place can sound like a Dylan Gwinn show.
Orange Bloods was by far the worst for me though. That place has like 100,000 fans or some crazy shit like that. I've never seen as many homers as I have over there though. And you have to pay for that site. It's an extension off of Rivals.com. You'd think they'd have some sort of mods on there to keep it civil.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1180
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
LanceZierleinLance Zierlein
Keep in mind that Niners capologist is a Cal guy (same as Nnamdi) and Nnamdi is from the area with family rooted there. Will be SF or NYJ

1 minute ago
/thread

All over but the crying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read