Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-27-2011   #1121
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Because the draftees are always last and with the new rules all the agents are frantically figuring out what they can demand?
Per Schefter:

Quote:
Here's a new wrinkle: four-year, $8.2 million contract of Bucs 1st-round first-round pick Adrian Clayborn is fully guaranteed.
8 minutes ago via web
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1122
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Teams are dropping out of the plays for the big-names and snapping up the guys on the bottom now.
lol.

I know right.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1123
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
It's JJ Watt, no s.

Only one first round pick has been signed. Wait for other guys drafted near him to get signed, then JJ will know what to ask for. Only problem is that the players selected directly before and after JJ were QBs, which generally get paid more. So we might have a little mess on our hands, but I hope not.
isn't there a rookie pay scale now? that should eliminate a lot of the negotiating i would think
Old 07-27-2011   #1124
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
isn't there a rookie pay scale now? that should eliminate a lot of the negotiating i would think
Hopefully, but there is still negotiating going on.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1125
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Come on Texans...do this **** so I can cuss this god awful fan base the **** out.
The Texans are a god awful fan base? Yet they've sold out Reliant practically every season without ever having a good team in spite of that. Yeah, that really makes a lot of sense.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1126
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13094 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Because the draftees are always last and with the new rules all the agents are frantically figuring out what they can demand?
I was just looking on NFL.com and a bunch of teams have started signing their draftees. The Bucs have signed their top three and the Eagles have locked up eight picks. It seems to me that the Texans have always signed their picks pretty quick, just curious is all.

Quote:
It's JJ Watt, no s.

Only one first round pick has been signed. Wait for other guys drafted near him to get signed, then JJ will know what to ask for. Only problem is that the players selected directly before and after JJ were QBs, which generally get paid more. So we might have a little mess on our hands, but I hope not.
Thanks for the correction-I always thought it was initials and the "s" was just happy fingers typing. I hope that signing him is not that difficult. He really seems to want to play bad.
Old 07-27-2011   #1127
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
Thanks for the correction-I always thought it was initials and the "s" was just happy fingers typing. I hope that signing him is not that difficult. He really seems to want to play bad.
JJ are initials, the periods are just usually not used.
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2011   #1128
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13094 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
JJ are initials, the periods are just usually not used.
All righty then...I'm just gonna roll with it. Putting the periods in just takes extra time anyways!!
Old 07-27-2011   #1129
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The Texans are a god awful fan base? Yet they've sold out Reliant practically every season without ever having a good team in spite of that. Yeah, that really makes a lot of sense.
Read below...I'm just f'n around man...

that said, I do wonder why people are so pessimistic...I know the Texans have done nothing to make people do otherwise, but wow...it's the 2nd day of free agency.
Old 07-27-2011   #1130
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

walterfootball Walter Cherepinsky
Jason La Canfora says the #Texans and #Raiders are in the market for Antonio Cromartie.
Old 07-27-2011   #1131
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Read below...I'm just f'n around man...

that said, I do wonder why people are so pessimistic...I know the Texans have done nothing to make people do otherwise, but wow...it's the 2nd day of free agency.
I don't think everyone is pessimistic. You're talking about guys like me and a certainly a few others. Many are always optimistic in here no matter what the situation is though. You have a lot of different fans. I'd say that the support the Texans have gotten throughout all of these years though is an indictment that this is a very strong fan base over all.
Old 07-27-2011   #1132
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Read some chron comments or listen to some callers on 610 or 790 and tell me some of those aren't complete embarrassments to your ear/eyes. I dare you.
Old 07-27-2011   #1133
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 315 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
walterfootball Walter Cherepinsky
Jason La Canfora says the #Texans and #Raiders are in the market for Antonio Cromartie.
Done deal, Cro wants to sign with Houston, and Houston is interested. Should be done by today hopefully
BorrowMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1134
ThaShark316

Quote:
I don't think everyone is pessimistic. You're talking about guys like me and a certainly a few others. Many are always optimistic in here no matter what the situation is though. You have a lot of different fans. I'd say that the support the Texans have gotten throughout all of these years though is an indictment that this is a very strong fan base over all.
I'm starting to look at things when it comes to this team as "everyone is different".

Some folks see it different compared to others. So to your point, you are spot on.
Old 07-27-2011   #1135
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Read some chron comments or listen to some callers on 610 or 790 and tell me some of those aren't complete embarrassments to your ear/eyes. I dare you.
What exactly were they saying?
Old 07-27-2011   #1136
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowMe View Post
Done deal, Cro wants to sign with Houston, and Houston is interested. Should be done by today hopefully
Where did you get that from??
Old 07-27-2011   #1137
ThaShark316

Quote:
I'd guess its from all the talk with Cush, AJ, etc....(on twitter weeks back)
Old 07-27-2011   #1138
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 315 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seeing his tweets, it looks like he really wants to play for the texans lol
BorrowMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1139
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
It's not just recently. If you ever listen to Houston radio, the callers are usually complete idiots.
Old 07-27-2011   #1140
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can just listen/read anything Texans rated at random and you will be met with some savant saying the dumbest stuff imaginable. Hell, I know I have heard at least a few morons trying to state a case for VY to come here so we can finally bench Schaub.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read