Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-27-2011   #1101
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I still hate the fact that the jets won their last 2 games when the the Colts and Bengals played theirs backups the entire game a couple years ago, which effectively bumped the Texans out of the playoffs virtue of a tie-breaker.
Kubiak would've gotten a 10 year extension had they made the playoffs
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1102
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
If what we've been reading and hearing over Aso over the past 48 to 24 hours is true, then I think this is the likely sequence of events:

1. As soon as the Texans are legally allowed to contact FA, they called Aso.

2. Rick Smith, Kubiak, and Wade probably confessed falling in love with him.

3. The Texans make their offer soon after the small talk, which was likely a very big offer.

4. Aso and his agent like the offer, but want to see what teams like the Jets are going to offer.

5. Jets finally call and profess their love for Aso too and things are finally getting exciting.

6, Jets and Aso exchange contract figures and Aso comes away interested and intrigued by the possibility of playing in the Big Apple next to Darrell Revis.

7. Texans call back and remind Aso about them being able to offer more than the Jets. Aso then says, the Texans are still in the running but he needs time to consider all the options.

8. Meanwhile, the Niners come with a big offer and the added option of Aso being able to stay in the West coast. Aso bumps Texans to the third immediately.

9. Rick Smith and Kubiak know at this point it's unlikely that Aso will be a Texan, so right now they are preparing their scripts on how to explain to their fan base how they were not able to "sell" the Texans. Kubiak will retort to the familiar but nonsensical "it's on me" line. And Rick Smith will probably try to make up by signing as many street free agent cornerbacks as possible in the history of the NFL.

10. Say hello to Jacques Reeves and Petey Faggins.
Would you argue that in this scenario, the Smithiak are to blame? From the scenario you presented, sounds like it was just Aso not wanting to come here rather than incompetence on the Front Office.

And that's just it. People a month ago were saying that they wanted to see the Texans push hard for Aso. If they put up a big offer, but were still spurned, they did what they could, there's no fault in that.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1103
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Kubiak would've gotten a 10 year extension had they made the playoffs
Bob McNair would have personally carried Kubiak piggy back style down Kirby!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1104
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68965 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I just hope the Jets DON'T get Aso. It would ruin the offseason for me, the media will never stop talking about it.
Revis and Nams could be like Lester Hayes and Michael Haynes
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1105
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still hate the fact that the jets won their last 2 games when the the Colts and Bengals played theirs backups the entire game a couple years ago, which effectively bumped the Texans out of the playoffs virtue of a tie-breaker.
ditto, a curse on those two teams!
Old 07-27-2011   #1106
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Would you argue that in this scenario, the Smithiak are to blame? From the scenario you presented, sounds like it was just Aso not wanting to come here rather than incompetence on the Front Office.

And that's just it. People a month ago were saying that they wanted to see the Texans push hard for Aso. If they put up a big offer, but were still spurned, they did what they could, there's no fault in that.
Sure there's an aspect of Aso wanting to be in the big market town. I was speculating as to how the whole thing may have played out with Aso (except for step 9 and 10). But I am not convinced that Smith and Kubiak and maybe even Wade are able to sell the Texans properly. I hope I am proved wrong by Friday but until then I'm not convinced by this FO specially Rick Smith.
Old 07-27-2011   #1107
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Come on Texans...do this shit so I can cuss this god awful fan base the **** out.
Old 07-27-2011   #1108
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope that if we don't get him we find out they at least put alot of money on the table. Because I think I would lose what remaining respect I have left in this organization if they did not at least give it a serious try.
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1109
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That's it? He was cheap as hell! Right up our alley! We could have had this guy...

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Former Ravens CB Josh Wilson reached agreement with Redskins on a 3-year, $13.5 million deal, including $6 million guaranteed.
Texans should have beat that offer. I really wanted that guy.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1110
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Texans should have beat that offer. I really wanted that guy.
~cost of Jacoby and Leinart
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1111
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
~cost of Jacoby and Leinart
If we pay that much for Sensabaugh, I'm gonna become primarily an NCAA fan this year.
Old 07-27-2011   #1112
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Texan View Post
I just hope that if we don't get him we find out they at least put alot of money on the table. Because I think I would lose what remaining respect I have left in this organization if they did not at least give it a serious try.
I think it's pretty apparent that we are going hard for him. The Texans have done nothing but re-sign their own guys and look into the best safeties on the market. Nnamdi has done nothing. Every report about Nnamdi mentions the Texans in the mix. I don't know about you, but I can put two and two together.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1113
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow so if he signs somewhere else, Aso just wasted 1000 posts... smh
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1114
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Former Ravens CB Josh Wilson reached agreement with Redskins on a 3-year, $13.5 million deal, including $6 million guaranteed.
Teams are dropping out of the plays for the big-names and snapping up the guys on the bottom now.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1115
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it's pretty apparent that we are going hard for him. The Texans have done nothing but re-sign their own guys and look into the best safeties on the market. Nnamdi has done nothing. Every report about Nnamdi mentions the Texans in the mix. I don't know about you, but I can put two and two together.
I was just thinking-why have they not signed any of the draftees??

J.J. Watts anyone??
Old 07-27-2011   #1116
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

meh....what makes yall think the Texans need cornerbacks anyway?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1117
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276575 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post

J.J. Watts anyone??
Because the draftees are always last and with the new rules all the agents are frantically figuring out what they can demand?
Old 07-27-2011   #1118
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can as well. I have heard and read all day long how the Jets and Niners are going hard for Aso and Houston in most of those reports is an afterthought.
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1119
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

J.J. Watts anyone??
Only thing I have heard is someone signed their third round pick and either 6 th or 7th (can't remember the team ..ravens(?))
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1120
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

J.J. Watts anyone??
It's JJ Watt, no s.

Only one first round pick has been signed. Wait for other guys drafted near him to get signed, then JJ will know what to ask for. Only problem is that the players selected directly before and after JJ were QBs, which generally get paid more. So we might have a little mess on our hands, but I hope not.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read