Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-27-2011   #1041
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
Not sure if I believe in this too much, but some people are saying the Jets are trying to restructure L.T.'s deal and if he doesn't want to they might just cut him. Same thing with Ferguson, too. Can you say desperate?
Man, if they cut D'Brick, I'd sign him in a heartbeat. Put Brick at LT, Brown at RT, Slide Winston to Guard.

Man, that would be a stout O line!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1042
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Man, if they cut D'Brick, I'd sign him in a heartbeat. Put Brick at LT, Brown at RT, Slide Winston to Guard.

Man, that would be a stout O line!
Would be nice, but our priorities should remain on the other side of the field methinks.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1043
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
...and overpay

It's not a Texans thing. It's the way of things in the NFL. Nnamdi signs with someone and everyone else playing CB on down benefits from it.

I do not plan on judging the Texans on where Nnamdi signs. I will judge them on whether or not they made an attempt, a serious attempt to get his attention and bring him here. For me there is no excuse to not be in the thick of this. If the Texans were never really thinking they'd get him and never really serious about making space to add him then that tells me the Texans are a shit franchise that's serious about the bottom line and not about winning. If they fall short but went for it then I can certainly accept that and will.
How we ever going to know how much effort they put into bringing him here? I'm with you, if this front office isn't going all out to get this guy, I'm beyond forgiveness for them.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1044
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Favorite guy on Twitter. Constant updates and knows a ton.
I guess he knows his stuff then.
Old 07-27-2011   #1045
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really wondering when this salary cap manipulation is going to catch up with some teams. If they're not careful it's almost like paying your debt by getting more debt.

No way they cut Ferguson. They gave him a 6 yr $60M extension LAST year!! He's got like almost $35M guaranteed!

If we do in fact miss out on the Nnamdi sweepstakes I'll be disapointed. I really really hope we can be the frontrunner for Joseph and get him under contract soon. If not him, I mean it sounds like Cromartie could come here. He's far from my favorite but I'd rather him than nobody.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1046
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Can anyone point to a single Free Agent Jet from last year that has agreed to terms with another team? I know there are some out there that will probably go elsewhere like Edwards and Cromartie, but until they do I don't think they can sign a new free agent because they finished the season in the top 4. Unless of course the new CBA changed that rule.
Old 07-27-2011   #1047
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope the Jets DON'T get Aso. It would ruin the offseason for me, the media will never stop talking about it.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2011   #1048
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
How we ever going to know how much effort they put into bringing him here? I'm with you, if this front office isn't going all out to get this guy, I'm beyond forgiveness for them.
If what we've been reading and hearing over Aso over the past 48 to 24 hours is true, then I think this is the likely sequence of events:

1. As soon as the Texans are legally allowed to contact FA, they called Aso.

2. Rick Smith, Kubiak, and Wade probably confessed falling in love with him.

3. The Texans make their offer soon after the small talk, which was likely a very big offer.

4. Aso and his agent like the offer, but want to see what teams like the Jets are going to offer.

5. Jets finally call and profess their love for Aso too and things are finally getting exciting.

6, Jets and Aso exchange contract figures and Aso comes away interested and intrigued by the possibility of playing in the Big Apple next to Darrell Revis.

7. Texans call back and remind Aso about them being able to offer more than the Jets. Aso then says, the Texans are still in the running but he needs time to consider all the options.

8. Meanwhile, the Niners come with a big offer and the added option of Aso being able to stay in the West coast. Aso bumps Texans to the third immediately.

9. Rick Smith and Kubiak know at this point it's unlikely that Aso will be a Texan, so right now they are preparing their scripts on how to explain to their fan base how they were not able to "sell" the Texans. Kubiak will retort to the familiar but nonsensical "it's on me" line. And Rick Smith will probably try to make up by signing as many street free agent cornerbacks as possible in the history of the NFL.

10. Say hello to Jacques Reeves and Petey Faggins.
Old 07-27-2011   #1049
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I just hope the Jets DON'T get Aso. It would ruin the offseason for me, the media will never stop talking about it.
Agreed, the worst thing about Nnamdi going to the Jets is the media. It'll be the Miami Heat all over again.
Old 07-27-2011   #1050
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
The offseason is done. Now it's football season!
Old 07-27-2011   #1051
Allstar
Bona fide

@OfficialBraylon: I would love to be a Jet but the feeling doesn't seem to be mutual with the management.
Old 07-27-2011   #1052
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jets | Have not asked Darrelle Revis to re-work deal
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:15:59 -0700

New York Jets CB Darrelle Revis said the Jets have not asked him to restructure his contract at this point. He would not say if he would be willing to do so if asked.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1TLLvL02W
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1053
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

The more I learn about Nnamdi and his aspirations & goals during and after football...

I don't see him choosing Houston.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1054
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Sadly , those two (and maybe even P-Burnt) would have performed better than last years seconary.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1055
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
The more I learn about Nnambi and his aspirations & goals during and after football...

I don't see him choosing Houston.
Nnambi Pambi
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1056
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
If what we've been reading and hearing over Aso over the past 48 to 24 hours is true, then I think this is the likely sequence of events:

1. As soon as the Texans are legally allowed to contact FA, they called Aso.

2. Rick Smith, Kubiak, and Wade probably confessed falling in love with him.

3. They made their offer, which was likely a very big offer.

4. Aso and his agent like the offer, but want to see what teams like the Jets are going to offer.

5. Jets finally call and profess their love too Aso and things are finally getting exciting.

6, Jets and Aso exchange contract figures and Aso comes away interested and intrigued by the possibility of playing in the Big Apple next to Darrell Revis.

7. Texans call back and remind Aso about them being able to offer more than the Jets. Aso then says, the Texans are still in the running but he needs time to consider all the options.

8. Meanwhile, the Niners come with a big offer and the added option of Aso being able to stay in the West coast. Aso bumps Texans to the third immediately.

9. Rick Smith and Kubiak know at this point it's unlikely that Aso will be a Texan, so right now they are preparing their scripts on how to explain to their fan base how they were not able to "sell" the Texans. Kubiak will retort to the familiar but nonsensical "it's on me" line. And Rick Smith will probably try to make up by signing as many street free agent cornerbacks as possible in the history of the NFL.

I cant say what this thought popped into my head but it would get me banned from this board..and possibly from society as a whole....see my big play petey threads for a more politically correct version.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1057
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing for sure. Texans first preseason game should be a bit interesting. I'm still hoping he'll be a Texan and I still have a inkling that the media is just drooling all over the possibility that's why we hear so much from the Jets side of things.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #1058
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Wanna bet?

Signed,
Rick Smith

Mike
There is a metic shitload of talent on the offense around AJ compared to what Earl had going on around him.
Old 07-27-2011   #1059
midgetonadonkey
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 midgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVP

@LanceZierlein: Said member of Texans organization, "You aren't buying into this 'we might not have cap room' stuff, are you?" Texans must come w/big offer
Old 07-27-2011   #1060
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76043 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetonadonkey View Post
@LanceZierlein: Said member of Texans organization, "You aren't buying into this 'we might not have cap room' stuff, are you?" Texans must come w/big offer
Just came to post this. Im thinking now Namdi is really wrestling with this.

NYJ: Big market, team is known for playoff appearances
SF: stay at home but the team has a lot of rebuilding ahead
HT:bad track history but new D co ordinator with a good track record and team has talent
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read