Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-27-2011   #581
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
McClain is as clueless as we are regarding the Texans cap situation.
Mc-I-breathe-into-the-mic .... has absolutely zero credibality with me .... My sources are better than his and Im just some asshole on the MB.

I cant see why 610 or the Crapical keep him around other than the fact they like his assistants (o)(o)'s ..... And thank GOD she doesnt link her garbage articles here like she does on Clutchfans .... lol

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #582
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
McClain is as clueless as we are regarding the Texans cap situation.
I seriously doubt this statement.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #583
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Peter King just said on Mike and Mike that the suitors for Aso are Houston and Dallas with the Jets being a longshot. He reiterated that Aso would have to take a paycut into the $12-13 million range and also stated that Aso has a desire to play there.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #584
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Peter King:

Nnamdi wants to play for Jets. Jets can do Holmes & Aso.

Houston & Dallas have to decide if the want to "overpay" Aso.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #585
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Peter King:

I'm thinking we made an effort based on the reports and now we know it aint happening so we've decided to re-sign our own guys and persue whoever is leftover.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #586
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Peter King just said on Mike and Mike that the suitors for Aso are Houston and Dallas with the Jets being a longshot. He reiterated that Aso would have to take a paycut into the $12-13 million range and also stated that Aso has a desire to play there.
Quote:
Peter King:

Really?
Old 07-27-2011   #587
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Peter King:

Didn't someone post in another thread that King said that Aso to Houston was a done deal??

Now that we have a season I can't wait for these signings to be done...all the back and forth is giving me a headache...
Old 07-27-2011   #588
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I'm thinking we made an effort based on the reports and now we know it aint happening so we've decided to re-sign our own guys and persue whoever is leftover.
I think what we need to do is present our absolute best offer to Aso's agent and say here is our best and final deal. We need to know by say 3pm today. At 3PM, call Aso's agent and ask if Aso is interested or not. If he is, we have a deal. If he is not interested, no hard feelings, we will look elsewhere.

The one thing we cannot do is wait it out till Friday/Saturday and then not get anyone of significance. Remember the Stros through the whole Beltran situation. They let Boras control the process and at the end of the day they got nothing of significance.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #589
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think what we need to do is present our absolute best offer to Aso's agent and say here is our best and final deal. We need to know by say 3pm today. At 3PM, call Aso's agent and ask if Aso is interested or not. If he is, we have a deal. If he is not interested, no hard feelings, we will look elsewhere.

The one thing we cannot do is wait it out till Friday/Saturday and then not get anyone of significance. Remember the Stros through the whole Beltran situation. They let Boras control the process and at the end of the day they got nothing of significance.
That is true. Stop waiting on someone who may not really be too interested in coming here anyhow. The last thing we need to be is the team that's used to bring up the anti for a team the player really wants to go to.
Old 07-27-2011   #590
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Rick Smith isn't really a hardballer...he's more like a BP pitcher.
Old 07-27-2011   #591
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Here is something from AJ in 2008

So, first three years were 19.95M + 10M option bonus in 2010 = ~$30M, which leaves 18M over the three years (2010-12). However, I am not sure when/how that $10M bonus started hitting the cap, and what effect the uncapped year has on the situation.

http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...aub-s-contract
Yep saw that but the $10million is what is bothering me. I've never seen it stated as a bonus but "option" Texans pick up for 2010 as if that was his salary. If salary there is nothing to add to 2011 or 2012.
That would make it more difficult I guess to get much from a re-structure.
Old 07-27-2011   #592
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Im still sticking to my guns and my theory that a deal has been in place with Aso and will be announced later.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #593
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Im still sticking to my guns and my theory that a deal has been in place with Aso and will be announced later.
Praying for you right now.
Old 07-27-2011   #594
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll end up offering him something semi-insulting...he'll take about the same to play for the Jets. We'll sign some third-rate guy. Jets will go deep into the playoffs. We'll watch from home again.

Second verse, same as the first.
Old 07-27-2011   #595
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Why wait?
Old 07-27-2011   #596
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope whatever is going to happen, happens..Either so we can move on, or run around Houston streaking naked with glee.
Old 07-27-2011   #597
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82030 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

There really isn't a rush either way, on Nnamdi's part. He can't report until August 4th anyway.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011   #598
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why wait?
Myself and GP covered this early this morning, around midnight. I just woke up so let me have some damn coffee!
Old 07-27-2011   #599
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Not looking good:

@michaelombardi reliable NFL sources: Jets and Asomugha talk is serious and I mean serious.
Old 07-27-2011   #600
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Not looking good:

@michaelombardi reliable NFL sources: Jets and Asomugha talk is serious and I mean serious.
Lombardi is a tool.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read